Tree of Savior Forum

Update 01/03/2017 Error: 147684_001001.pak Failed to download files

I’m unfortunately going to have to leave for a few hours, but here’s a link that may help you:

If you don’t mind waiting I’ll be back eventually and can help further. I suggest making a separate post though, or contacting support. I hope that link works. :slight_smile:

Help! The release.revision.txt doesn’t exist in any folder D:

thx for help love ya
~

glad to know that it helps you out, hope the others are able to fix out there.

Do this and you guys will have a nice day.

thanks man.

Ok, i’ve made everything to work 100% perfect.

First thing, i’ve done what Queue said me to do - delete the entire Patch (with ipf files) folder.

Then verified the files through Steam, and redownloaded about 200 mb of data.

Then, i’ve opened the game a few times, untill it says the ipf error. When this happens, instead of changing the Release version to the latest one, i’ve changed to the previous one, 147684.

The patcher updated correctly, the release version updated to the latest, the game opens and runs fine.

2 Likes

Try to use a vpn. I change the patch number and then i launch the game with a vpn on and it works.

Now redid everything again …for the last time to see if it works
and it did, =.=;
I don’t know why last time it didn’t …and why now it works

I don’t want to go through that again >.>
well …at least it works

thanks for the help everyone

can tell me what exactly u did? im still having problems lol
@merru

The same thing I did last time
Just put the “patch name”(shown in the error) in release.revision to let the system bypass them (since the file already in the patch folder anyway)

Just hope that this didn’t lead to other problems later

u lucky haha i tried again and still no luck. rngoddess why have thou forsaken me

Welp, I had the SAME problem as you, Upler. Everyone else said it was working fine for them by changing the release.revision file to the listed ipf number on the error. But mine never seemed to change.

Here’s the problem if its not working for you: there are TWO release.revision files. One is in the root folder for TOS, the other is in the patch folder. Check to see if you are editing the proper file. You need to edit the one that is NOT in the patch folder.

I’m able to get the numbers to climb up on the patch errors now, so you can keep changing the number in the file till it lets you in.

1 Like

THANK U HOLY CRAP I LOVE YOU ! @Spindles

It worked for me as well!!!

Thanks so much!

I got it here! I was having the same problem after replacing the release.revision number with 148158, the game shut down without any warning, after that I had to go straight to steam and verify the cache files throughout ‘Steam client’, and then finally the game came back normal!

thank you man you’re a life saver, i thought i could not play ToS forever :cry:

Thanks man, It work!

Sadly not working for me since I did the probably wrong thing to validate Game files prior to trying this.

Which brings the game down to an older patch to be updated again … and since patching doesn’t work and stops at “11129”, failing to install “11131”.

So, don’t validate game files I guess, the one thing that usually works in every other game …

Edit. ok I got it to work using what @DarkLink64 mentioned in his post. Thanks man!

I have the same error. Since I’m not really too good with this kind of stuff I’ll just wait for this to get fixed, hopefully without the need for players to manually modify the game files.

1 Like

Same problem … and Still white screen