Tree of Savior Forum

Unlocking Rune Caster

Is Rune of Giants only limited to spawn on Royal Mausoleum 5F?

I think so. Did you find it? I’m looking for it as well.

It has a 24h timer, and it despawns too.

You basically have to stand watch for a entire day to get it :slight_smile: goodluck I got mine on 5f after waiting too.

since somebody already made a thread regarding this, I wanted to ask how exactly you become a Rune caster? Like how i read it, It should have a requirement can someone give an information regarding this? Plus is it possible to be taken at R7? Like for example taking Ele3 at R6 and still be able to get the Rune caster class? Thanks in advance

yes , you can get rune caster at rank 7 or above :smiley:

Hello guys! Are there any Rune Casters around yet?

Yes, I met someone yesterday in a qeueu for missions at first i thought he was some cleric class cuz he was wearing something with almost pure white.

Are there any Youtube vids on all of their skills without gameplay? That’s like the only one on tosbase without vids.

*Rune of Destruction seems to be multi-hit too

Not sure whether it was because of skill level or that there were more targets

Hm…interesting. I guess I might think about putting Rune Caster into my Linker 3 Necro 2 build if the Ranks go up in the future. Maybe with Kino or Sorc if the Ranks get high enough.

Did the quest can be done anytime you could like shinobi or there is some special requirement

I heard it spawns on different floors :slight_smile:

Runecaster here (Wiz3/Linker2/Runecaster/Featherfoot).
It’s more of a fun/filler class:

• Rune of Destruction - nice AoE damage and long recast - good for clearing large areas of weaker mobs or when you simply have nothing to do

• Rune of Ice - buff for you and party members near you for +300% Cold Damage - only works for direct hit spells (e.g. Snow Rolling), and not for deployment spells (like Ice Cloud), active for 10-50 sec, long recast. Only good for you if you’re a Cryomancer or have a Cryo in your stable party

• Rune of Giants - buff for you OR 1 party member - +20 move speed, x2 defence, x2 size, + a lot of HP (depends on your CON, read the description). The drawback is that the enlarged person cannot use any spells/skills other than Taunt (for swordmen) and autoattack (for anyone else), therefore not really useful even for tanks. Also a fun spell, I’m using it for fast movement across maps. Long recast. As all buffs, doesn’t transfer to another map.

• Rune of Justice - damage spell, works like a laser shot in one of 8 directions (only 1 ray at a time). Meh damage, easy to miss, can hit multiple targets, deals several hits. I took it because nothing else is useful for me. Long recast, ofc.
    UPD: This skill is VERY, EXTREMELY easy to miss. I targeted large packs of mobs directly beside me only to see myself fire a diagonal shot instead of a horisontal one, completely missing the mobs (the party tank can’t help but laugh at my 5 second casting that misses every time). In the end the only way of aiming I could use reliably was firing vertically, straight upwards. Otherwise it’s an almost guaranteed miss. Or I suck at aiming, which I probably do.

• Rune of Protection - reduces chance of debuffs on you and your party by up to 50%. Never used, heard that it’s only good for PVP in which I’m not interested at all.

Also, ALL spells have a 8 second cast duration (or 4 seconds duration if you took Wizard3’s Quick Cast) and can be interrupted easily, also by the time you finish casting your Rune of Destruction, that group of fat mobs might be long dead. Aaaaand you spend a rune (500 silver each) for every spell you cast successfully.

P.S. Runecaster’s mantle is magestic AF and even after becoming a Featherfoot, I kept it. It flows in the air so elegantly!

2 Likes