Tree of Savior Forum

Understanding effect of stats on auto attacks vs skills

Hi all!

I’ve been doing quite a bit of reading on these forums, however am not comfortable I understand the relationship between Str, Dex, and damage (auto attacks and skills).

For reference I am building a Fencer, however would like to focus less on tanking and more on dealing damage. Most of the guide I have seen recommend going full Dex for Fencer, whilst noting that DPS fencers are also possible (without noting how to allocate stats).

Does Str affect both auto attacks and skill damage? I understand Fencer is predominantly skill damage - is the reason people go full Dex because skill damage scales poorly with Str?

Thanks!

Anyone have any idea? Would be greatly appreciated!

There is only High DEX, not Full DEX. Every build adds STR, including Fencer.

STR increases your Physical Attack, which adds damage to both your auto-attacks and skills, and it is affected by modifiers such as Armor type, Critical Hit, etc.

You can add as much STR as you want to your Fencer, you would be losing Evasion on the process if that is a trade you would like to take.

Overall if you don’t care about Evasion, then you only need DEX to land Critical Hits and add the rest into STR (which would be similar to a 3 STR : 1 DEX ratio).

Otherwise if you are interested in Evasion, then you are going to need a comfortable level of it before investing more into STR. Usually a 3 DEX : 1 STR serves as a good guideline as to what ratios to use, but it is better to notice once you are playing whether or not you will need more or less DEX in your build, so it is adjusted as the build keeps on gaining levels.

Thanks Cathexis! Thats exactly what I was looking for - was just afraid Str was not beneficial for fencer :slight_smile:

since you appear to be some kind of “Ancient Sage” level genius on the matter of Swordies and their descendants… (awesome guides btw) how would you rate say… 1:1 str/dex build, for a hoplite/fencer mix ? …yea i know it’s weird, but the costumes are just too cute. lalalala. priorities, amirite?

or would it be sacrificing too much of one, and not gaining enough of the other?