Tree of Savior Forum

Understanding Alchemists

Hello everyone. As the title suggest i want to be an alchemist (Currently at rank 5, almost there o_O), i had read many of the post about Alchemist skills, but still, i have some questions about Alchemists in the present (not ICBT). I’d like to open this Topic in order to understand better all of the skills and their uses for me and the rest of people who needs it as well. i would be thankful if anyone who already got to alchemist or played as one in KTOS comments :3

ITEM AWAKENING:

Makes a portal, where you fight tons of monster in order to awaken the items selected for that. The awakening is not random, is a different buff depending the weapon, also you can’t get experience from this, and the difficulty and waves of monsters increses related to the level and stars of the item respectively. Also you can enter with the party so don’t need to make it alone.

TINCTURING:

Make potions; HP, spirit, stamina, critical, magic amplification, block rate. Depending on the level of the skill the potions will be better. (I’ve also read about how there were so many potion sellers in KTOS that the prices got even lower than the ones in NPCs, which is important to consider i guess).

BRINQUETTING:

Combine two of the same item to increase or decrease (randomly) their ATK or MATK (depending of the weapon), is 5% at level 1 and 9,5% at level 10 if i remember correctly. I’ve read is not worth taking, since is so random. Plus i think you can’t just get 2 of the super-awesome wepon you wanted and risk that way D:

GEM ROASTING:

Through the use of a Calcite you can roast a gem to reduce the penalty of it. So if a gem gives +2 atk and -1 defense with roasting it can give +2 atk and no penalties, yaay. very clear, also you can open a shop to sell your service.

This are the skills where i have many doubts:

DIG:

Dig up the ground using a shovel which you can buy, and depending on the terrain you get different things, like grass, in grass and rock, in ground. the Skill level affects the number of items you get. This items are used to make Alchemis## t things.

Questions:

1.- Are the grass or stones you get useful for something?, or only other items you may get from the same source, like special flowers or minerals.

2.- Is it worth taking more than 1 point on this? in case you need special minerals from the ground, it increases their chance?, since you get more items.

3.- Is dig useful for other skill than Tincturing (Potion making)?

COMBUSTION:

Make explode an item you dropped from the ground by using DIG, Deals fire damage. The only damaging skill in the Alchemists arsenal. I have also read that this skill is not worth, and i thought it too, but with the attribute “Combustion: Using silver”, which uses 200 silver ir order to use the skill without an item on the ground, maaaaybe is it worthwhile now, not sure. (Note: You can’t drop items to the ground).

Questions:

1.- Imagining i have so much money i literally want to burn it off, is the damage of the skill good? average? bad?

MAGNUS OPUS:

Combine different items to make new ones by using a 3x3 (at level 1) thingy (Like the Horadric cube fron Diablo II). The skill level increses the size up to 7x7. I’ve found absolutely no commens about what you can make with this, almost nobody knows.

Question:

1.- Are there actually recipes for this? (I mean more than a couple).

2.- For anyone knows how to make something, may you tell us how?, in order to understand more or less how it works at least. Like, for example, do i need to put the items in a perfect order (A on top of B and C at the side) or they just have to be there?

I will update the questions, by adding the response, if they get answered. Also adding questions if new ones pops out in the comments.

Hope, even if no one answers, for this to be useful for people who doesn’t know much of the Class, since there wasn’t many posts about it recently :3

:kissing_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Recipes are all hidden… you will need to TRY it out.

^^

Or scourge for info.

Yeah, I’m willing to get Magmum Opus to 5 and try stuff out