Tree of Savior Forum

Unbind the Rest Key from Insert

As of right now, all 3 keyboard control options have rest bound to the insert key. For those who are playing on a smaller keyboard, or mac (via bootcamp), this is impossible without editing the registry to change the function of certain keys. Hopefully you’ll allow us to create custom bindings, but as of right now, rest should be changed to work with compact keyboards (no numpad).

3 Likes

Fully customizable keymap is the ONLY way to go. I haven’t been following the streams, but I wonder if IMCGames has thought of non-QWERTY layout users (German, French). For example, on a German keyboard, Z and Y are swapped, so the default of Z being basic attack and jump being on X is rather inconvenient…

Word. This should really be a feature.

Apparently, it is customizable by modifying hotkeys.xml manually.
I approve it should be an ingame integrated feature.

2 Likes

Thanks for this. I didn’t know you could do this. :+1:

1 Like

Don’t forget to check for overlaps.

So you don’t have one key doing 3 things. That usually ends up with you getting nothing.

The problem is that while it’s customizable, it doesn’t accept any non-english keys.
For example, mapping ‘Ö’ (which is at the same key as ; on the English kb) results in the client displaying it, but pressing the key doesn’t trigger any action…

1 Like

as a noob here, how do u modify it on a window 8.1 bootcamp?

Go to your TreeOfSavior folder inside your steam folder (By default, C:/Program Files(x86)/Steam/common/steamapps/TreeOfSavior/release), you’ll find your hotkeys.xml there.

You can change your rest key from in-game in the options menu.

No need to tweak anything, I played on a laptop with smaller keyboard and I just changed the key mapping inside the game option menu with no problem at all.

This forum post is very old and it was probably fixed between CTB and early access.