Tree of Savior Forum

[UI] Improve Skillbar Display

I’ve experienced a minor quality of life issue regarding the UI cooldown overlay.

I use a NumPad to play the game, and have thus bound the keys accordingly. However, in doing so it becomes difficult to read cooldowns, as seen below.

The current system is great for single-letter keybinds such as letters and numbers (and to an extent, these bindings with a ctrl, shift, or alt modifier)

However, keybinds such as “NUMPADX” and other non-single letter binds such as “MULTIPLY” obscure the icon as well as the cooldown timer. This makes it extremely difficult to read.

SOLUTIONS:
I imagine only one of the following solutions is enough to fix the issue.

• Shorten or abbreviate the binding text to something such as “N1”, “NUM1” for “NUMPAD1” or “*” for “MULTIPLY”
  • Bring the cooldown overlay to the front in priority, so that when a skill is on cooldown, it darkens both the icon and the binding text. Reading the cooldown is more important than displaying the bind key.
  • Adjust the font size for these longer binds so that they may display in a size that does not obscure the cooldown timer.
  • Allow an option to disable or edit keybinding text.
2 Likes