Tree of Savior Forum

Trying to play again but i got some questions

Hello, i stoped playing after release, later i came back and stoped again cus game was 100% not balanced (wizards used to be pretty much the only viable class) and transcendence system used to be something that any regular player would never really achiev.

I got like 730h in steam before quitting almost 4 years ago, so i really want to like this game.

Now i started playing again 3 days ago and i see that A LOT of stuff got fixed (performance and class balance got A LOT better). And i was really excited to play again, find guilds and stuff.

But ive come acros some stuff that is making me worry, so id like to know what u guys think of these topics, i might be missing some huge information so i apologize if i say something super wrong.

1 - Everything but CMs are super easy. U can pretty much skip 80% of the maps and just go to the highest map u can get to and quest there. (Still level 300, i know end game raids are hard, i’m talking about monsters in the world).
Buuuuuut i can deal with this, bcuz if u level quick u get to end game quick and can do harder content.

2 - This is my biggest problem so far: Looks like the progression is event based. U need to wait for events to get attributes, u need to wait for events to get transcendence scrolls and even high level gear.
This is the reason i’m almost quitting again after like 3 days.

I found out i “missed” an event that gave everybody transcended and upgraded high level gear and transcendence scrolls. And ill have to wait some months for another one if i want to get these stuff too. Bcuz i need like thousands of transcendence shards to get the gear upgraded.

So i dont see the point in playing now, just bcuz ill have to wait till the next event anyway or just grind for hundreds of hours.

Thats it, what u guys think about it?
If i’m missing something please tell me =)

in terms of Attribute points progression
there are several ways to get it.
-Event rewards as you mentioned
-get attribute points thru Silver
-daily logins (not all the time)
-attendace (not all the time)
-weekly Guild Raid
-Letecia’s Cube

and in terms of Transcendence Scroll, you can join in GemFeud which u can exchange rewards for Goddess Blessed Gems which can be used to upgrade equipments.
also there’s Saluus Convent.

u can get Legendary set of armors by farming Planiums

we didn’t got where we are overnight bcuz of some event, it helped. but we didn’t relied on those too much.

2 Likes

I was looking at your 2016 posts and your main concern was the P2W stuff aka Leticia Cubes being implemented on TOS. So, to sum it up, the game is P2W, whether be it 50% HP Potions (1 or 30 days) or CM vouchers from events to get more $$.

I would answer the rest, but if you hate the “P2W” stuff, i’d just waste my time answering your other points.

um…where is the second question?
And what you really want to ask?

This? Then sure, pls stay away from this game until freebie event come.

you can also get Attribute points from Saalus, Uphill and i think HG bosses aswell

1 Like

Go try Legend Skiaclipse. Or Misrus. Then we’ll talk again…

And be blocked at level 380 grinding mobs stupidly because you didn’t get all the juicy exp from all the yellow quests…

And fail miserably because you never learn the mechanisms for that content… What’s the point of playing if it’s just a sprintthrough playing brainless meme build?

Pretty much agreed here. Some events are purely cosmetic, some will give a huge disadvantage to players that can’t attend. Recently we got huge AP pool, +11 t8 savinose up the wazoo, CM scrolls to make a truckload of silver…

The thing is… if you don’t rush the game, you now have access to items that will make you level your character much easier. For example, at level 315, you will have access to “Kedorian” unique level 315 weaponry which is nothing else than the old level 315 unique items that required a rare recipe, 2 practoniums and some hard to get mats to craft. You want a Regard Horn Staff or Emengard Shield without spending a month or more crafting it? You get it for free! Then the Pajauta quest for free level 380 stuff… I even see people doing benchmark CMs with those free level 380 items, and they’re doing good. So until you catch up, no need to worry. Even more considering what’s coming soon on the korean server (easier ichoring, even more powerful items…).

Well when we get this again, the items will probably be obsolete. If you wait, you’ll be able to farm the new more powerful items, and be glad to have spared all your ressources that others will have invested in now weaker stuff.

No, you will play to reach level 420/class level 45 with your character(s) and be ready for Episode 12 and the new level cap/new items. And perfect your build(s).

You’re missing the essential: enjoying the game. I wouldn’t play a game that I don’t enjoy.

Only if you’re THAT desperate (or filthy rich)… :haha:
With 1 attribute point per 1k silver, you should NEVER buy points. Until they rethink that absurd convertion rate anyway…

Exactly. Saalus is 500 AP per day (and per char), Uphill is 4000 AP per week and HG boss is 5000 AP per week (unless you get Mystic Pages which are also good). Which means 12k+ AP per week without any event or spending any money.

Join a guild, do weekly missions and you get another 8k AP per week. Join GTW with your guild, take a Challenger map spot and that’s another batch of AP. Join TBL and you’ll earn even more. There are also free coupons every month on some days, you just have to click on a button for that.

1 Like

Just play the fcking game. You like it? stay, dont like it? Quit

lel,
“like freebie” not the actuale game itself.

thanks for giving helpfull information and not saying something like “use money” or
“Just play the fcking game. You like it? stay, dont like it? Quit”

=)

1 Like

nah i’m fine with the “p2w” stuff, if theres a cap to gear and u can get there without spending money its fine for me. (i usualy spend money just not thousands)
its not that much of p2w really

back in 2016 i was a lot more worried about transcendence system and balance than p2w.

balance looks like they fixed most of it, performance is a lot better, but this event thing with scrolls and stuff hit me when i heard so i had to ask here for what ppl think and if i was missing information

so u think u cant play if u dont spend a lot every month?

its not like i dont enjoy the game, but i did the same 4 years ago and died at end game bcuz progression sucked. i just want to understand what to expect if i keep playing. i think i got a lot of good answers and theres a big chance ill keep playing

i said i got 730h on it back in 2015-2016, i also played the beta and spent some money. so i enjoy it

just a question, when should i do uphil defenses (level, with a group or solo) and what is HG boss?

tx for ur answer =)

Progression is a lot different now but there’s a very sharp uptick in difficulty of endgame raids compared to what you’ve been seeing on field maps, which I think is jarring.

The events were very elegant solutions to catch people up, but even without events there are many ways to do so, through cheap to obtain legendary equipment. It’s also much easier to obtain blessed gems to transcend gear, and much cheaper to do so.

I wouldn’t say the game is p2w, but there are people who believe that spending thousands gets them anywhere… I guess that’s going to be true of any game with gacha. You don’t need to spend money if you don’t want to.

I would wait to do Uphill and do it in a group. HG is Hunting Grounds. The two higher level HGs each have a solo boss in them that you can do 5 times per week to get useful items like blessed gems and magic stones.

1 Like

thanks =)
someoen said about a quest for level 380 gear u know where do i find it? or it will pop once i hit that level?

at Fediman, i forgot her name, Pajuitas i think. i think it will be available when u hit 380

EDITED:
her name is Pajauta

Thing is, don’t be afraid to lost 100m in a 2 3 min of anvil and other game rng.

whales detected.

just to prevent making a new post for this question, but im returning to the game for the new update and im tryna see do they plan on adding the skin tones to iTos? i see they have it already on Ktos.

1 Like

if its on ktos, then most likely its coming to itos.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.