Tree of Savior Forum

Trying to find a class

Hello there
I’ve been trying to find a class for myself for a while. I’d like to hear suggestions.

I play archers and/or assassins/rogues on every game I have the option.
Sometimes I make a lancer when I can, but it’s mainly because I want a little break from my main.

On ToS I was quite happy to hear that the rogue class was on the Archer tree, because god damnit, the best of both worlds. Then… no.

To build a quite good confy build, I need Scout and Rogue c2, but I despise QS3 with all my energy.
I found out that this combination doesn’t lead anywhere.

So I thought
“well on the swordie tree there must be something similar… oh look, Shinobi”

I do like the close and personal pace, it’s more active, you need to think faster, react faster and sometimes the game is funnier. Even so:
I tried Corsair c3 - Shinobi. I’m still searching for my missing damage.
Fencer sounded like a light-warrior type. Quick and reaction-based skills, but then again, mia damage.

I’ve had a lot of fun running around like an apache on a cata3, but that’s usually what I have for my second character.

So does ToS have anything similar to what I’ve just described?

I don’t like magic classes overall.
Unless they mix stealth and magic or something like that. Kingdoms of Amalur nailed it with Shadowcaster.
ToS mix of warlock and shadowmancer should fill into that. But god I hate elementalists.
or they’re heavy debuff-curse type. A damaging Bokor-PlagueDoctor sounded right (no zombies, just the curse thing), but god, what a bad skill to cast (damage’s good tho). Perfect World’s Venomancer nailed it there.

I’m pretty boring with these things, I’m aware. But I’m having fun nonetheless =)
If someone can help me.

You said lots of things but I still don’t get what you really want.

As you played with rogue, I find it a perfect fit for for Hackapell:

https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#3111899977.4f3a75.2545.1f213349738a64.1a7a612584

Don’t ask me much about the build above, I just fit the skills in accordance to an Assassin Role.

I played Hacka a while ago, it’s a good class with rogue, but depend on good gear too, specially Crit chance stuff.

1 Like

Rogue can work with Hackapell. Maybe check it out and see if you’d like it?

2 Likes

Rogue can work with Hackapell. Maybe check it out and see if you’d like it?

As you played with rogue, I find it a perfect fit for for Hackapelle:

Hackapell loses the stealth factor because you can’t cloak while mounted and your pet doesn’t get cloaked even if you do. Essentially I turn into a ranged light-cataphract
Which isn’t bad, to be honest. But it isn’t either.

1 Like

There’s been speculation of an Archer rework, so maybe there will be some changes that could help, but until then, I’m not sure.

Wanting invisibility limits your choice a lot. I believe only Shinobi and Scout has invisibility. From what I remember, Cleric’s Fade “erases your threat”, but you’re not really invisible.

I’m still searching for my missing damage.

Any build involving Shinobi has Bunshin as a huge source of burst damage. They have 2 skills that can make them invisible, I think, but they’re not really “stealthy”.

1 Like

I’m aware. I had bushin and kunai max level. But the Corsair c3 didn’t combo well with it. I’m not really into the shield builds that the bushins replicate.
But sure, they have a attribute that after those skills are cast, they enter a stealth mode for a couple of seconds. Silly.

I think they should move Cloak to Rogue and give Scout movement bonuses. Something like that.

Anyway, does Hackapell have burst damage or more of a sustained one?
If I’m going to give up Scout, I’m willing to take Musketeer for the burst. QS3 is a no.

Retiari is a new class coming that could work well as an assassin class with shinobi, which is what I’m waiting for. You have to use spears, but the skills feels pretty assassin-like (simple fast strikes, high burst) and you have a dagger skill which even deals more damage on damaged enemies. Also works well with corsair :slight_smile:

The costume they get looks super cool too :heart_eyes:

this is a clear case of…

bad choices and taste cause QS3 is the best D:

jk, maybe…

you are trying to follow a road, when all you have to do is make one…

don’t like QS then go another class and don’t come at me with buts…

all classes are optional, you just had bad luck finding your full build that’s all…

keep the classes that you liked from the Rogue build and patch in new ones :slight_smile:

1 Like

Maybe you will like something like this:

I can only identify Shinobi there

I think his build is Sw3>Pelta>Corsair2>Shinobi>Retiari2

why on earth would you stop at corsair c2 tho

I had the Corsair c3 - Shinobi, but holymoly no damage.

I guess cuz the build doesn’t fit Corsair C3, Corsair is used mainly for CC the damage comes from retiari, in fact all other classes hes using are just for utility/cc. I guess you can take only Corsair1 and get another class of your preference.

I had a qs3 - musketeer
it was fun during bosses

but god the horror of everything else, the lack of aoe. Painful

I think swordie needs a lot of op gear till it does the dmg other trees do easier ;o and their SP recovery is pewp so you can’t do it a lot without potion spam. :frowning: Lotta sword classes also hate each other because of weapon requirements making it harder to make the build you truly want. You don’t have to worry about that in other class trees. They only rebalanced Wizards really, during this event. Swordie rebalance hardly happened.

PS Retiari looks super unappealing to me, personally. I feel like Murmillo is the only good R8 class, unless you do Dragoon 3, the other good class. And even then most people only take Murmillo C1 it seems.

The numbers look impressive though, lvl10 trident with net debuff deals 5082% damage per overheat with 50% bonus crit rate, that’s like 15000% scaling on a 20 second cooldown.

But yeah, doesn’t seem like the best class for aoe at least. I’m also thinking of trying a Murm1Reti1 character when it comes out, my swordie with the shinobi reset is ready :slight_smile: (Most of all I want the Retiari costume though lol).

From what I’ve seen on korean skill planner it has skills that require a one handed sword or rapier and a dagger, which if true limits a lot of choices, like most swordie classes do. ;[ and that net is one of the worst weapons ever invented for battle in RL history lol

reminds me of this

1 Like

Yeah that’s pretty much the second Retiari net skill in a nutshell haha.
As for weapon restriction, shouldn’t be a problem unless you want to go with 2h-weapons or don’t like 1h-spears (think you meant 1h-spear instead of 1h-sword?).

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.