Tree of Savior Forum

Trying to compliment a Tank-CC Swordsman build (Pelt-Reti-xxx)

I am trying to complete a party-centric build around Peltasta and Retiarius, but I am not sure which to pick between Hoplite for better boss fighting or Templar for support and extra CC/tankiness. Any input between those two choices or even another class is really appreciated, thank you!

Hey,

In my point of view, Pelt and Reiti do not have a good sinergy. Since Pelt is a Shield Class and Reiti a Spear+Dagger Class. Maybe (but really maybe) you can give a shoot for those options:

[1] Peltasta - Dragoon - Hoplite/Templar (or)
[2] Reitiarus - Dragoon - Hoplite/Templar

From Lance Classes, Dragoon is the more adaptive among them, it fits with 2h Spear Classes, as well with 1h Spear + Dagger or Shield Classes. Just to clarify a thing about the second option, Hoplite is for a more offensive build, when Templar goes for a supportive build, since it can give shield to you and allies, boost their Critical Rate (beside lowering Critical Resistance from enemies) and boosting your allies damage and movement speed with its auras.

So, you must see what is your style: if Offensive, go for Reiti + Hoplite; if Defensive, go for Peltasta + Templar; or, if Supportive (buff + CC), go for Reiti + Templar.

Thank you for your feedback regarding the synergy! I was thinking since auto weapon swap is available I can readily switch between Shield and Dagger if the situation calls for using the dagger skills, although one of Peltasta’s skill does get cancelled if you swap so I see your point.

The rest of your input really helps with my decision though, as I can now ask my party members if they need more of a offensive, supportive or defensive build. I appreciate your input for Dragoon as a filler class to balance the build as well, it does come up a lot for all kinds of spear builds.

templar for more support
rodelero+glacia shield for cc
i myself love my pelt-templar-rodelero build
dragoon will make you be more flexible for solo content as it add some dps but make your build kinda out of focus