Tree of Savior Forum

Trying to choose a path to go

Hi guys, i’m a new player in ToS and now wondering about a Swordsman class to play, i’ve found some builds and a thousand of questions shows up.

I love the Huge damage(Tons of Hits rolling in my screen) and some AoE for grind and stuffs like that, i’m a full PvE player, so PvP builds are not my style, now i have only 1 swordsman lv 15 full stats with 3 swordsman buffs Gun Ho, Concentrate and Pain barrier at lv 5.

My planned builds to follow are :
Sword1>Pelta1 (For the buffs)> Hop1>Cata3>Dragoon2
Sword1>Highlander3>Barb2>Doppel3
Sword1>Pelta1 (For the buffs)>Barb3>Doppel3
Swrod1>Highlander1>Barb3>Fencer or Highlander3>Barb1>Fencer
Sword1>Pelta1 (For the buffs)>Hop1>Rode3>??>Murmilo or something tanker + DPS for PvE group content.

All of that builds i’ll go to 3:2:1 STR>CON>DEX
and the fencer builds 3:2:1 DEX>CON>STR or Doppel??(?)

I’m open to another builds, but i love dmg for grind and smooth leveling, and of course i want to do end game content of course, nice gears and stuffs like that.

Sorry for bad grammar and all mistakes, not my native language.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

i read out there High3 is more usefull to WB than Barb variants that are for PvE grinding aspects.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

HighLander have a better burst, Barb has better sustain later onwards and more utilities cater to Dopple.

Demon Lords over time Barb 3 will come out at edge. Due to the fact sustain damage is more value than bursting. Where as bursting type are better on Normal WB ( that is pre 280)

Either way you will need HL3 > barb1 or HL1>barb 3
which ever way pick your poison.

If you are into Utilities fully. Just go Pelt > hl2 > barb 1

All this variant are only for Dopple 3.

If you are into Fencer builds go on to PVE fencer area via lostac. They have everything cover there even coasir variant focusing on fencer 3 circles.

Cata goon is a HIGHLY PVP Build. Sword > pelt 2/3 > rod3 >shinobi> mur are the new tank god bursting pretty much. U suffer for the first 280 levels and also the attributes pump in for this is extremely expensive.

thnx for ur help man, i’m eating the Swordsman forum for 2 days G_G

thnx for your time, and i don’t think it will be a waste of time, but thnx for that

Word of warning Swordsman Are extremely expensive regardless.

Fencer >> needs Veiner + Full crit gear.

Dragoon >> needs at least a Decent Set with gregas and various weapon if PVP >cripple else cheapest cata pike.

Dopple > need extreme investment of attributes + gear due time to R8 Skill powers going too high (Siding towards half crit attack + crit gear and High PD transcend weapon)

Mur > r8 attributes for it to be effective you need to burn at least 40m first.

i don’t care about farming or grinding to make some money, i like the Swrodsman style ^^

Great to hear then you are all set, after you pick your end route.

if i choose to be Sword1>Highlander3>Barb>Doppel3 or
Sword1>Highlander1>Barb3>Doppel3 my stats will be 3:2:1 STR>CON>DEX or have some others ways to take the max from my build?

You might want to go higher dex. For Con/HP If you are not into PVP the gear will suffix you with 30k hp if u bank on red gems.

Something like 2 : 1 Dex str or 3:1 depending on how well you are aiming to invest. Or a 3 : 1 1 or 2 : 1: 1 Dex, con str . Also depends on party play/setup.

Since dopple have no free crits and the builds you are going (cleave + 50 crit rate on use).

Crit rate is pretty important if you want big numbers at R8 since skill damage cover up the lack of damage from strength + there’s transcend to back up the lack of damage from str stat.

At the moment (you can only gain up to 270-280(cap at 350 lv 10 gems) crit rate from gears) Even with future patch of R8. There will be no more additional crit gears until IMC roll out new sissel/ring/pendant variant.

i saw one video from kTOS as doppel 3 and her build are High2>Barb2>Doppel3, and was amazing, what you guys think about it? it’s a full DEX build

3:1 dex str . It’s not a full dex. Any thing full is foolish on swordsman anyway @_@…

The only thing that pure stat works out is for INT wizards. and INT clerics @_@…

thnx for that tip, will try it

what about a armor type? Leather(Cafrisun) or Plate?

if u decide for PvE dopp u need to go highlander3>barb1
with a lot of DEX and a bit of STR. u can get some CON too

if u decide for that ill be happy to help u with it

if u like tank u can go pelt3>rode3>murmilo with CON/DEX like 2:1.
and u will be full PvE tank, loved by all parties

but swordsman is EXPENSIVE, u need A LOT OF TIME AND SILVER to make it strong enough (but it can be better than other classes once u level atributes and get gear)

thats the reason i droped mine and now i play suport cleric

for now i’m puting 2:1 DEX>STR in my build, and trying to go high2>barb2>Doppel3, i saw some videos with that build and seems nice, i’m worried about skills for highlander c2, some ppl2 would say guard and moulinet are a terrible choice, and other ppl will tell that skills is good enough

go highlander 3. high2>barb2 is the worst build

rly? i didn’'t saw that on video, and u can get a nice skills from barb skills, anyway i’m loving the answers u guys are giving, thnx u all