Tree of Savior Forum

True Fullscreen

give us this option within the game itself

currently to set the game to true full screen you have to edit a notepad file and set the resolution settings to 0
if thats done you cant alt tab out of the game either

why should this be in the game?
it greatly reduces fps lag for slower machines, since the resolution can be set lower and it will stretch to fit the screen

the other options are borderless windowed mode and windowed mode
which will shrink the window if you set a lower resolution than your native for the game, not to mention borderless windowed mode eats up more processing power and will slow machines which cant handle it.

honestly i dont even know why this isnt implemented in the game yet, and we have to use notepad for it.

5 Likes

Surprising I haven’t heard of this until now.

yea i used it in iCBT2 when i was running a 9500 gt lol had to run the game on truee full screen + 1440 x 900 resolution

Does True fullscreen work with dual or triple monitors?

ah yeah i remember now you could force true fullscreen and get a massive fps boost this way back in icbt2 by tweaking a config file. (something along the lines of changing Resolution mode=“1” to “2” or “0” in x:\Steam\steamapps\common\TreeOfSavior\release\user.xml) problem with this however was that alt-tabbing stopped working.

Well i won’t use that then cause i switch windows like every 5 minutes when i play a game :stuck_out_tongue:

Still works. Had wondered why my refresh rate didn’t go from 120hz to 144hz.

What notepad file and where exactly is it located? :o I would like to use this method

its all in my post bro. just open the user.xml with notepad

Oh sorry lol, I went as far as reading his post and not any of the replies xD thanks,

use a 2nd screen lol

I have three screens , I meant i switch my mouse between them etc but if it’s really true full screen my mouse wont leave the game screen so ^^

the mouse will leave lol

if it doesnt you can get multi screen programs like actual multiple monitors and enable a feature called ignore deactivation

but ive never had to do that when i full screened tos

you can actually test it right now if you set your user.xml settings to go fullscreen and go into the server select screen to test

Ye I guess :slight_smile: And then I can listen to some more background music as I do :slight_smile: I’ll have a try after lunch.