Tree of Savior Forum

Tree Root Crystal

I think there could be made a new “formula” or something for this “mob”.

For example, it could give mana, hp OR stamina.

Wizzards for example doesn’t use many stamina, i got 35 at lvl 21 and even being all the day jumping and moving it hasn’t decreased less than 25~30. So it would be useful if it gives hp or mana too.

It could be something like:

1. If stamina < hp =< mana then gives stamina
  2. If hp < stamina =< mana then gives hp
  3. If mana < stamina <= hp then gives mana

So basically it gives you an amount of the thing you have least.

It would make people happier, would decrease potion waste/purchase and more sustain, which equals to less time resting.

It could even be made to give them to all players who are around when it’s killed. Or just to the one who kill it, to make more competitive game, i don’t know.

Thanks in advance ^^.

1 Like

There would no longer be any need for potions.
I think instead of giving straight HP or Mana it gives you a regen buff that gets removed if hit.
That way you don’t get a burst of healing/mana, but instead, a strategic way of regenerating for longer gameplay.

1 Like

That’s a cool idea.

I also feel like the whole Stamina-mechanic doesn’t have nearly enough use.
If what’s it currently good for is all it’s meant to be good for, then I agree, the Tree Crystals should get some other use. Improved regen, or movement speed or anything halfway worthwhile.

But I’d rather see them expand Stamina to other things.

Since many are complaining about the long delays on skills…maybe there’s an interesting way to somehow make Stamina involved in that?

Say you have cooldown timers running from skills you just spammed. If you try to use them before the timer hits 0, you get the message that you cannot use the skill yet.
What if instead, when hitting and holding the hotkey for a skill in cooldown, the cooldown runs at like 5x speed but your Stamina is being depleted?

Just a thought.

EDIT:
actually, I’m probably ignorant about several of its current uses, since apparently it’s relevant when using companions, and certain skills as well… which was another idea I had for some melee-class skills to use Stamina instead of SP, and that is already a thing for a Monk skill? MAybe expand that to some more basic skills on archer etc.

Yeah, usage for the tree could be thousands.

Let’s try to share this topic and let’s see what people thinks.

Also let’s try to make this catch Staff eyes.

Thanks!.

WE could just type @STAFF_J and ask.

Instead of stamina (or with) can the Tree Root Crystals also give us a temporary regen buff that gets removed when engaging in combat?
That way it gets more uses and cant get spammed when farming an area.

I feel the time it takes to Rest takes away from gameplay, and Bonfires do help in this regard but I feel the Tree Root Crystals could act as a temporary bonfire during regular gameplay and have bonfires shine during dungeons.

I’d rather see them remove stamina and those root crystals. Currently STA is a non-factor. I don’t pay any attention to it and I’ve never had too. Right now those roots just make it more difficult to hit the monsters I want to hit.

3 Likes

I agree. Dont see the point of the stamina system at all to be honest. O.o

Regen system could use some improvements.

Regen system sucks for wiz, and clerics have almost eternal Mana x_x

Right now, I agree the most with @Charon. I want to see more uses for stamina outside of swordies’ dash and monks’ double punch (and linkers’ physical link apparently). Only time I ever felt the need to find a crystal as a wiz was when I was exploring around all of the high level maps (I was level 50-something) where if I stopped moving I was probably dead.

Having a skill where I can convert my stamina into SP or cooldown reduction would be wonderful. Something like:

Concentrate:
Wizard innate ability
While holding (Primary attack) and (Secondary attack), consume 1 Stamina and regain 1.5% of maximum SP per second.
Cannot be used while moving. Moving cancels the effect.

Just a quick example of how they can bring Stamina use into the other base classes and make them actually care enough to use it.

Numbers based on Psychic pressure’s level 5 SP consumption of 4.5%

2 Likes