Tree of Savior Forum

Tree of Savior is in a bad state, so let's fix it

Well game can’t just be based by someone effort. Tos is good example of it, the game lies so hard on legacy of hakkyu kim, while we could see that light of hope pretty early on that tos being true successor of ro, it failed to grasp a good start and start crumbling in rambling path as early as probably 2017. It’s a perfect example that ro was team effort not just kim and imc team couldn’t bring the greatness of ro even in scope of game planning.

More realistically, what they totally need is investor, and they had it, one of it unfortunately is nexon, who well known for turning game into p2w dirt. And with imc situation I doubt more are willing to throw in any money and being angel investor. Outside of tos they didn’t really doing great in game development neither they publish any game but just the ge and tos which were doing good early on.

Say, name any game dev, big company, let their analyst learn tos situation, I absolutely doubt they willing to fix tos, they might even just do what Imc currently do, try to milk it last spurt of life and instead make another fresh game

Sure you can always theoriticaly formulate a fix, it’s free to hypothesize, it’s free to fantasize, but the reality is even they can barely hold into the cheapest fix they attempt right now, and now imagine with this so much things they actually had to fix, things they ignored, and even more sophisticated ideas planned, in a situation where players, those p2w leaves, it’s totally beyond imc capability

I’d say just refer to some meme above.

When the game was released, it should have used its “5 minutes of hype” and filled social networks with advertising. Use more twich, reward content creators and things like that. Now the game is lost in the unknown.

3 Likes

i love this game. but with current situation i think i just remember everything related to nexon will end up die and gone (especially mobile game)

nexon is a mistake
gud games have killed by this evil thing

In all fairness, there was no way to know. It’s only recently that companies have really started to understand just how make-or-break it is to have good content creators in your community, and to start rewarding them / giving them the tools to do it.

It’s interesting to see how far things have come actually… It feels like just yesterday that games companies couldn’t even decide whether to destroy YT/TTV streams with copyright strikes :sweat_smile:

1 Like

waiting room for kokwhynoob to say “uncap relic 20 will fix game”

7 Likes

All of this if only this game wasn’t released too early. Whatever content this game has if there is an optimization issues at the very beginning it will bound to fail. Even now after 5+ years we are still experiencing fps drop to high end pc.

But its already in the past. How about a re release or re master of this game? But fix everything first.

3 Likes

Fix everything first, or as I said build a better core game that doesn’t have to forego intense rebalance would be the most crucial

But then another re release will just be another seasonal server for people to rush to endgame

If the game was rejuvenated, the experience offered through the journey shall be refreshed and even enhanced

You wouldn’t want to forego that journey where you basically one shot everything even what supposed to be epic boss fight awaits.then also ignores every gear progressing on the go cause you gonna rely on endgame gear in the end anyway. It’s gonna be another ridiculous journey all over again and the game end up rely on its endgame and endless rng contents. And cute costumes.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.