Tree of Savior Forum

Tree of Savior close when change map

Hi, people, help me, please. My ToS closes all the time I change the map. When it is not closing, it is a matter of going to another map that simply load and closes alone.
Help me please …

–BR

Ola, gente me ajuda por favor. Meu ToS fecha toda a hora que eu mudo de mapa. Quando não estiver fechando, é questão de ir pra outro mapa que simplesmente carrega e fecha sozinho.
Me ajuda por favor …

Server Name: Silute

Team Name: SonhoDeFalsa

Character Name: LoucoDeSazon

Game Control Mode (Keyboard/Joypad/Mouse) : Keyboard/Mouse

System

• CPU : Intel® Core 2 Duo 2.20Ghz
  • RAM : 2GB RAM
  • Graphics Card : NVDIA GT 430
  • Mainboard : P5VD2-MX
  • Country, Region : Brazil

Does this happen after the loading bar is at 100%? And does this happen when you change between any map or just when logging into a character?

This happens when I change maps many times. When that happens I already know why the loading screen is all black, the loading bar goes halfway, the music of the game stop an instant and back, but when it comes back, it closes. I can see that it will be wrong when I open the map using “N”. The whole map is white.

Could you send us your lastreplay file via Support Ticket please? :sad:

1 Like

How do I send the lastreplay file via ticket? I do not find the option or something.

verify your files game would help.

@SonhoDeFalsa did you ever get the game working?

Seems like a crash related to low memory or something similar. These are the minimum requirement as specified on Steam page.

MINIMUM:
Processor: Intel i3
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 200 Series or later
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 32 GB available space
Additional Notes: Keyboard, Mouse

In a forgiving scenario I’d say you could run the game on 4 GB Ram but I doubt 2 GB + old processor would give you a good time playing.

You can try reinstalling the game or verifying files but if this is the first time you’re playing and never managed to make the game work properly it’s a huge chance it’s because hardware limitation.

I’ve always been able to play Tree of Savior since the open beta. This all started after the update that improved the game’s performance. I think I’ll have to buy more RAM …

If it didn’t work recently you could try to disable optimization in the settings menu and disable almost all effects and similar things on user.xml and/or in-game settings menu.

But I’m using ToS on Linux now with wine-staging-pba and its default settings consumes too much memory for the process. It made ToS get past the 2gb limit per process and run out of memory. This caused my game to close at first time changing maps or channel or get an instant VGA after loading into a crowded area. The solution for me was changing the PBA values to something lower to use less memory, as expected ToS worked correctly when it had memory to use.

Your issue could be memory-related, especially if the crashes/ToS closing itself is similar to what I just described.

1 Like

Hm, I suppose following @Seiran’s suggestion to change some of the optimization settings and double checking your RAM would be good first steps. :sob:

1 Like