Tree of Savior Forum

Tree of Restrictions

i edited the edited edit, was an in-working post haha

and the rates were adjusted to the higher level killing only 2 monsters more than the lower level (which we know it’s not even close to that)

if you’d like to put the spawn rate in the math, you’d too need to put the fight for a spot, which then again would put a higher value to the higher level player

we could go on and on and on on this, but you know it’s not that tragedy you’re saying

and that’s all not even mentioning the impact it has on gold sellers

once again, i’m out XD

No it wouldn’t. If both players are capable of one shotting, the only way the higher lvl class has a advantage is if they took a class with large aoes. And that would be a factor of class not lvl.

or you could… jeez, i dunno, like… make a new character and actually play with them?

“hey buddy! come join this game with me!
it’s got an interesting story (but i’ll level you past it so fast you won’t even see)
and really beautiful maps (not that you’ll spend more than a couple minutes in any of them)
really creative monsters (tho all you’ll see is fragments of them exploding)
and all kind of wonderful other features you’ll blast right past!”

and we wonder why storyline and all that is going down the toilets these days.

1 Like

And not be able to lvl with them because my team bonus will make me lvl faster.

Maybe one day currently its

“Don’t touch this game, it has the typical new mmos stability issues, wait till they are worked out. They also have a ■■■■ like regime on restrictions so wait to see if they remove them before wasting your time.”

tell them to spend their TP on Exp tomes, and you don’t use them.
ding, they have a +30% exp bonus, and you have +20%. your friend would level slightly faster than you.
oh no, burn some exp cards to make sure you hit the breaks in the exp curve at the same time. if you catch up to each other at those points, you’re probably never going to be more than 1-2 levels apart at any time.

i mean suuuure, if you leveled the entire 1-280 at that 120% bonus instead of 130%, you’d only be just shy of 297 when they reach the top. that’s a hell of a lot of Exp Tomes, thought.
if your friend used no exp booster at all, they’d be about halfway between 273~274 when you hit 280. yep, a massive 6.5 level difference.

except that… this “■■■■ like regime” stopped a buttload of exploiters from profiting from their actions today, due to the 48h hold on silver in the AH.
maybe it’s not -entirely- bad?

but hey~ if you need to be angry at the game for sh*t out there to protect you, that’s up to you.

What is this thread?

You literally couldn’t trade unless you owned a Token prior to this change and now you can trade freely after your account exists past three days.

How are you complaining about this?

But omg there are things i don’t understand so it MUST BE BAD!!
cries and flails and posts on the forum where no one else knows anything either
THERE MUST BE A WIPE COMING BECAUSE NOTHING HAPPENED!

If they were paying players they would have been playing already. and free TP doesn’t get far on tomes.

Once again there are ways to kill bots without shooting through your own players.

The token was never my complaint.

Edit: also i can’t test this but there are none token players saying that nothing has changed and they still can’t trade.

Okay I read through like a word or two of your recent posts because I didn’t know who you were or what your complaint was…

Am I accurate in saying that you don’t like the change because it hurts your ability to help new players, such as your friends coming to the game and you wanting to give them free gear?

That is a large part of it yes. I also feel in general putting more restrictions on the legit players is not the best way to solve the problem.

Well yeah… i’m waiting for the day when IMC decides that if they want to prevent KS they just have to put a restriction on the maximum amount of enemies each team can kill each day :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Prior to this change, how were you going to help your new friends?

Killstealing isn’t a problem.

The mentality behind people who believe that others are stealing their mobs is the problem because they’re not their mobs.

You sir just earned a “block” cause i really don’t feel the need to talk with idiots ^^

I know where your going with this and its not going to matter. I was going to gift them packs with tokens to get them to start playing, so no that isn’t a relevant factor.

I figured I’d make the argument on the off-chance that you WEREN’T going to do that, but I’ll be honest, it hung in the back of my mind that that would be the case.

Regardless, of all the things that companies do to thwart botting, RWT, and other forms of exploitative behavior, this is one of the least intrusive for the players in my experience.

Three days is nothing and if you’re that adamant about helping them when they start, since they’re not already playing it and I don’t guess your circle of friends changes every other day, just convince them to make an account and they can wait to start playing three days after? Or they could just fend for themselves for a few days like most of us already do.

It’s not ideal, I know, but I don’t mind giving a little for the greater good of the integrity of the game.

F2P games have horrendous issues with these sorts of problems and restrictions of this nature could be a lot worse. If anything, I feel like this is a step in the right direction. They’re ultimately doing away with hiding functionality behind paywalls and finding a medium that can work for every type of player.

It’s a compromise and I’m of the opinion that it’s a worthwhile one.

I’m sure someone is impressed with your ability to spout non-sense and immediately block anyone who challenges your argument while you resort to belittling them and retreating into your bubble…

I just have a hard time finding that someone.

As a i said some of my friends aren’t paying users and wouldn’t play the early access unless it was gifted to them. As for the ones that are, some of them aren’t playing because i told them if they played the game in this state they would likely quit anyway. So they’ll stay away until i say “okay IMC finally came to their senses and started fixing ■■■■” OR i quit and tell them it was a waste.

Well since ou were the one that didn’t even undrstand what i said was a joke then… yeah you’re a legit idiot.

Damn i tought i did block you… let me try again ^^

1 Like

Well, I don’t know about your friends or your mentality when playing ToS.

But I’ve spent quite a bit of time remaking my toons trying to find the right build path so I mean, technically, I wouldn’t really need a bunch of start-up gear or EXP tomes when I first started.

Could just convince them that they get three days of trial-n-error to find something that works for them?

Trying to be optimistic about it. Lol.