Tree of Savior Forum

Translation Feedback

I am going to be blunt here; crowd-sourcing the translation was a very bad idea. 80% of the dialogue contains an error of some sort, and even when it’s grammatically correct, it reads so stiffly and awkwardly that it still needs to be rewritten. There’s also the issue of mistranslations, which I can’t personally verify but almost certainly exist. Granted, there are many people who won’t care about the story or dialogue, but some people like me do, and there are others who will make snap judgments about the game based on the quality of the text in screenshots and such. The Black Desert CM made a point of mentioning how important the localization was, how they were working to polish it, and how they wanted to avoid the “bad impression left by other Korean game companies.” I am not saying this to bash the game; on the contrary, I really enjoyed it and can see the development team poured their heart and soul into it. That’s why I want to see it succeed, and why I’m taking the time to say this. Please, consider hiring a professional translator and editor to do a proper job of localizing the game. It will be money well spent.

Thank you very much for reading, and best wishes! I look forward to playing the live game someday (=^-^=)

1 Like