Tree of Savior Forum

TP compensation is fair. Here's why

More people will complain it’s too late already for that idea

I like it though :slight_smile:

Actually, as they’ve made me notice in another thread, you’re wrong.
The price would be even lower than half, as there would have been more than double the tokens in the market.
You’ve got to consider that a 380 TP pack gives a single token with a 198 TP price (as even with free TP you end up with 183 TP after buying one, not enough for a second even with other free TP).
But with a 99 TP price you can instead get up to four tokens by using free TP properly (385-99=286 – +5 -> 291-99=192 – +5 —> 197-99=98 – +5 --> 103-99=4).
So people are right when they say it isn’t fair…the ones who bought those tokens from the market are still at a loss even with this compensation, after all. :innocent:

1 Like

This everything and because you sold token that she bought gained silver and still or to gain more tp? Want more nothing not doesn’t type a personage upado until the 280?

Another solution for crying people who sold their token for silver before announcement - JUST BUY with this silver that token from auction back and 7 juny you will get compensation too.

6 Likes

Everyones complaining about jealous crybabies. And Im sure some are.

No one wants to bring up the whole part about silver buyers clearly reaping even more benefits here compared to genuine players?

They should only give this benefit to those who broght token through with TP. My token is brought from the market so i say its fair for me not to recieve the benefit. But if i do recieve it then it’s great. If i don’t I’m still cool with it. I just dont want those who hoarded all those tokens when they were 300k to get so much free TP.

My only regret is not no-lifing the game early on so I had enough silver to buy every single token on the market and have enough TP to last the entire lifetime of this game.

I know there are people that did this and I’m envious of that.

They were able to hoard tokens at 300k because there were people willing to sell tokens at 300k. Sure, if they wanted to sell them, they had to put those prices…because the market dictated them. There was an high supply and a low demand, essentially. If people were able to take advantage of that situation…well, good work. I’ve got only 2 tokens from the market. That’s still something, anyway.
They’re giving a compensation because they’re changing the costs, and it makes no difference whether you got a token from the market or from the npc by using your own points - in the first case you paid silvers for a price shaped upon those 198 TP, in the other you spent those 198 TP yourself. Either way, you’ve been impacted by the change. Thus it is indeed fair to get compensated.

Whereas it makes no difference for people that got tokens and sold them…cause they got them for 198 TP, sure, but they also sold them at a price shaped by that same cost.

That’s incorrect. Tokens were not sold at those prices due to their TP cost, but were actually capped at minimum prices, with tokens selling as demand increased, rather then prices were lowered.

1 Like

Funny :slight_smile: if it started at 99TP at the beginning it will still be 600k because it didn’t started at 198TP hahaha :joy: do you even have sense of reality or time?

Right now the price on token on market is definitely be affected by the announcement… but sooner it will be forgotten and will be back purely depends on law of supply and demand.

anyone who think they should be compensated after what happen is like… whining about compensation on oil prices today.

if you whine like that in the world of finance, stock market and commodity. you will soon be separated with your money and become a beggar.

1 Like

nobody force ppl to sell Token in Market…

1 Like

Actually I am just unsatisfied with only Veteran Pack with the 30-days token receive the benefit from this compensation. Now the Veteran Pack basically include free 99TP while Beginner Pack does not get any. If I knew this coming I would just buy Veteran Pack instead of Beginner Pack. I really hope that that 15-days Token from Beginner Pack can receive either 50TP or even just extend for another 15-days to make it doubled so that its fair. =/ too bad I dont think IMC see this problem at all.

I don’t see how anyone in their right mind can think that people who hoarded like 50 tokens deserve thousands of TP in compensation… there really needs to a cap.

1 Like

IMC should still have a week or so if am not wrong…

It doesn’t matter how much you’re selling the tokens for, the only thing matters is that you sold your tokens at a price you thought was fair and justified whatever real money you spent on it. Nobody forced anyone to sell tokens. You sold them because you valued silver over your tokens.

It makes no sense for anyone to get compensated for something they’ve already sold to another that’s now worth half as much to buy.

That’s not a problem at all honestly. You’re already getting a bunch of extra stuff with beginners pack. If you use ur event token you get 7 days extension. You also have 190 tp to spend which gets you another token + whatever else you want. The value of those packs are worth the price.

unless you live in the us, in which case its still pretty pricy.

Agreed. So there’s no need for TP compensation, is there?

I can’t say I would be for a cap myself, on principle.
That said, I don’t get it either. For someone that put the game down untill IMC gets their act together, a poorly thought out decision like this doesn’t really inspire hope in the game’s future.

They say they want to give compensation to those that spend their TP…okay, fair enough. But then give a compensation that rewards those that bought tokens with silver…and does nothing for those that spend their TP.

Makes no sense.

[quote=“showatt0016, post:25, topic:280347, full:true”].

It makes no sense for anyone to get compensated for something they’ve already sold to another that’s now worth half as much to buy.
[/quote]

It makes no sense either that you comment, even tho I gave an argument that’s pretty important; which you ignored.

Tokens dont instantly have half the value they did before, in fact currently the token prices are higher then they ever were, as a result of the announcement.

Tokens were previously price capped. Supply was already far exceeding the demand, and with the price limit in place it was impossible for it to drop below that limit. So if tokens had been 99 TP before they still would of sold for the same exact amount of silver.

And it makes even less sense for someone to get compensated for something that didnt even affect them. Why should anyone that bought a token with silver receive compensation? They did not spend their reallife cash on them. And they would of payed exactly the same amount of silver regardless.

That would be like:
SA server has latency issues, server crashes.
EU server gets compensation as a result, SA server gets nothing.

I think it’s unfair for me. I bought 2 founder packs, I used my 30 day token that ended yesterday, I won’t get any compensation for it, I had to use my 60-day token today to get my bonuses, I won’t get any compensation for it because it’s an event token.

I spent around 100€ in packs mostly because of the token and the TP of course, and I didn’t get more than around 600TP that I used in costumes and enchanting scrolls, and saved a bit to get a token and sell it in case I needed the money really bad.

Now, the token is around 550k-600k. For a high lvl player that’s like half a day of grinding, without counting the lucky drops, everyone knows that getting silver in this game is not hard, so I actually think it’s cheaper than it should be.

Now a person that most likely joined the game no more than a few weeks ago and never paid for any TP to the company is getting TP just for playing, and not only that, a lot of TP, since people is easily buying big lots of tokens.

I feel fooled, since I wouldn’t have bought a second pack or even not the first one either if I have known that it was that easy to get TP in game and a token too. I could have gotten the same stuff I got just for doing what I’m already doing, like everyone and without sacrificing real money.

So yeah I think that if you were in my shoes and other TP buyers shoes you would feel fooled too.

TLDR: You paid real money for TP, but now OH surprise you didn’t need to because you could have waited to get free TP in-game.

Last salty comment: Now in some weeks everyone will be around in their fancy costumes and they won’t be costumes anymore, but uniforms since everyone will look the same.

Thanks for fooling real money spenders IMC!

Tokens were previously price capped. Supply was already far exceeding
the demand, and with the price limit in place it was impossible for it
to drop below that limit. So if tokens had been 99 TP before they still
would of sold for the same exact amount of silver.

Irrelevant. no one forced you to sell those token at 300k. If you decide to do it, you have only your shortsightedness to blame.

And it makes even less sense for someone to get compensated for
something that didnt even affect them. Why should anyone that bought a
token with silver receive compensation? They did not spend their
reallife cash on them. And they would of payed exactly the same amount
of silver regardless.

Real life currency lol I’m sorry but you’re living in the digital age. People put value on fictional currencies. Bitcon, steam money, ingame cash, rare objects… That’s why gold selling is a thing. That’s why party hat from runescape is worth hundreds of dollars on playteractuion. People take times into farming silver. Time = money.

Regardless of real or fictional, when you sold your token you thought the ‘fictional’ money was worth the value of your “real” currency. Just because one is ingame money and one is real money doesn’t make this less of a monetary transaction.

It’s very childish to think your 'real life money" is worth somehow more when you’re the one who pretty much traded real life money for fictional currency.

Now the token that you sold is worth half as much, but it somehow makes sense for you to get compensated rather than the person who paid you twice you should’ve gotten in silver? Lol nope.

And they would of payed exactly the same amount of silver regardless.

Assumptions that holds no water. Cheaper token = more supplies, which means the value goes down. economy 101.

That would be like:
SA server has latency issues, server crashes.
EU server gets compensation as a result, SA server gets nothing.

Completely bozo analogy.

Firstly SA server lagging has zero correlation to EU server.

Following this logic, it would be like token price drops to half, but everyone who didn’t buy or own a token get compensated, which isn’t what happened.

There was a transaction that took place between the players who bought token with cash, and the players who bought them with silver.

Completely different things.

Player bought with cash traded their token for enough silver they thought was worth their value in dollars. They are no longer token owners, even if they did buy them with real money.

They thought their ‘real money’ was worth 1m or 2m in silver, so they traded them away.

therefore it makes zero sense to compensate them.

Token Prices now have gone higher than before. I’ve seen people buying for 550k. Actually sold Token on Market before the announcement for only 450k. Prices of Token will be higher because players will have few/no TP left on their account since IMC won’t sell TPs only. The only source of TP now is the Beginner’s Pack which only gives about 160 TPs (not sure). With the price getting lower in TP, you can only buy 1 Token on that Beginner’s Pack. With that thing in mind, sellers will sell Tokens at a much bigger price since it will be rare now. The only thing TPs will rise (again) is because of the compensation. If IMC implements their plan, all people who used Tokens that time including those who bought it from market will have 97 TP plus 5 Free TP which means they will be able to buy 1 each and sold it for 550k which is 100k bigger from the price of Token before. The only solution i’m eyeing for this is that IMC should’ve just extended the Token and not distribute TPs and people who bought Tokens through TPs won’t whine anymore. That, would be a win-win situation for both parties.