Tree of Savior Forum

ToS Let's Get REAL | Great Visual | Boring Content

I read the story line I try to immerse my self. But the required interaction for a player to better appreciate what the story is about, I think is lacking. It is the same response. I mean we play the game, yes some reason is because of the story but much more is to be a part of that story. And collecting x, go to x, kill the x, over and over again is questionable to the level of immersion and entertainment the potential of this game can give.

I accept the reality of games like mmos will really be challenged on the depth of a story line specially designed like this. To answer your question, how about tweaking the behaviors of AI? Increasing the risk and the rewards. Maximizing the potential capabilities of having pots/proper equipments/proper elements/antidotes/your CC skill/your combo skill/party/requiring other’s help. I mean if the story itself can’t really be change and I accept that, how about the way the players will interact or react to the story?

I have the same weapon and armor from level 1-40-75(except the weapon). No element involve. I face tank each and every mob including the boss. I am getting rich because pots is not that needed so I save money instead of spending it. Partying on low-lowmid levels is not required because you can solo a quest/a boss. Knockbacks/knock ups are just aesthetics, it doesnt matter if I CC/1 shot/kite the mob because whatever the way I do to kill it will die surely. These kind of things are basic, this makes the game entertaining because you need to think, prepare and strategize, you won’t just go to battle to kill, you go fighting to win. And there is no sense of winning if it will be the same over and over again in terms of how a player respond and the difficulty on the things you interact to.

Yep. I am trying to exhaust the whole map. You sir, maybe have a better idea of what is ahead, because I am still currently on my journey on ToS but like what I said on my original post, the “crescendo” mechanics is lacking. Early to mid levels tend to repeat itself.

I think if they can create interesting and rewarding quest ahead, they can create it on earlier part of the game.

I appreciate the comments! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Everyone should be reading the NPC content. We’re meant to give feedback on everything, not just combat.
I read all the NPC dialogue… unfortunately. The storyline is as if a retarded child wrote ToS’s story. I’ve seen better storytelling in children’s books.

Also, they’re Goddesses, not angels. Most people should know the goddess’ names simply because the servers are named after them, so the IPF errors should’ve at least burned those names into people’s minds by now.

2 Likes

I think tweaking the behaviors of AI will do a lot. :slight_smile:

Because we will also change on how we react and fight a certain AI, thus will change our experience of the game and the linearity of the story/plot. :smiley:

Our experiences will be something like this:
“Now I will remember that BOSS killed me 3 times on one hit”
or we will see something on the forum/guide
“When that “x” boss raises its hand it will do its ultimate, run on the corner of the screen and pray it will miss”
or something like
“Use the environment, take cover on that pillar/stone/tree/whatever if it charge it attack so you’ll live”

But nothing, we just face tank every opponent.

Becuase the pattern will be changed, we need to interact differently on each AI. :smiley: unlike now, we just go “this is sparta!” and they all die. :3

Just as I said on my original post, it will be unrelated if it’s beta or not. Because im talking about the linearity and shallowness of some aspects of the game. Which I think is how it is designed. You go to x, collect x, kill x, report to x. There are a lot of ways to improve that not requiring a beta test because it should’ve been decided when the game is still in “creation” mode.

But to be fair I am not giving up hope.
BTW, I read every line, I talk to every NPC, im a super OC person IRL.
I may not know all the names of anyone, but it’s not because I am not reading it, it is because he/she is not that memorable. Though if you ask me and I’ve encountered that NPC, I can probably tell the story because I read it. I immerse myself because just like I said I would love to love this game.

And I think ill be contradicting myself here but i really hope it is just the “beta”.

BTW, I am still exploring the game. :smile:
Appreciate the comment.

I read this a few times here. but what means? I really want to hear that magnificent idea to different type of questing. Enlighten us please (maybe the devs read this and OMG)

1 Like

back read please :smile:

Only few people play MMO for story most of us are here to interact with other players and if i want to play a game for story ill play a single player jrpg. If the developer want us to read the dialogue box of the NPC’s then make the quest interesting and hard enough to finish it without reading but no all the quest are the same. Im lvl 150 atm and theres no quest that I can remember.

2 Likes

oh yeah! That is why it is acceptable if we have an “ok” story since its just one part of the game but the interactions on experiencing/finishing those stories/quest matters a lot as this is an mmorpg.

I remember when Epigraphist Schmid was killed by his curiosity :c

1 Like

Bbbb…bu…bu… but am the Hero T^T

Poor sod got squished by a boss.

And after you kill the boss, the guy’s friends who were also there, walk right back to where they were and won’t talk to you. The quest just stops.
That’s probably one of the more memorable quest events, a sidequest mind you, not a main quest and certainly not the quest itself that’s memorable, just the guy getting squashed while looking at the stone tablet.

So far, the best quest i’ve done was a sidequest that 99% of people have probably missed since it’s pretty well hidden and doesn’t have a physical NPC.
The Old Well Quest in the Cobalt Forest. Don’t even need to fight mobs, just need to look for physical objects built into the map’s terrain. It would be better without quest indicators, but meh. You literally just walk up to a mossy, overgrown well and your character spots something shiny at the bottom.
What made the quest memorable? The fact that it was different. That finding the quest was by luck and exploration. You’re not some legendary hero; you’re just a regular greedy SOB wanting that shiny thing at the bottom of an old well. And to get it, you had to pay attention to the world itself, not a monster or NPC.

2 Likes

maybe this game just isn’t for you… and from your suggestion, maybe dragon ne*t would suits u well

1 Like

i really love tos, but let me give 1 feedback:

1 Like

The problem is that many classes can solo anything right now with a little patience and IQ.

The XP curve gets harsher as you progress, but the skill cap I felt overall pretty much stay the same all the way to our current 200.

Which in a way also makes it no difference between a guy who is level 50 or level 200 sadly.

1 Like

A small note on Mobs; they are lifeless, they look good and thats about it, and considering that IMC had worked on RO, i had my expectations on mob identity.
See, back on RO, every mob has a certain, pardon my french, je ne sais quoi, that made then unique. By that, i mea to say that, mobs lack personality, here, as a very simple example, for those who didn’t play RO, just google those lovely pink balls named poring, their captivating bouncing sound, and their SPLORP death sound, even their attacks have this very unique sound that i lack a onomatopoeia to describe.
And here in ToS, a newer game, by a experienced team, everything just goes boom.

CoD generation i tell ya.

4 Likes

Guys I was browsing KCBT3 News and looking at the pictures then I saw a world map which looks like higher lvl map was explored but the lower lvl wasnt then I used google translate so I can understand it.

it says

World-leveling changes

Level settings of the previous version of the World was set up has changed. Field of the same level will be able to find a good place to play, depending on the class or the party constitution because the presence of up to three.
Others include 18 new areas and new boss monsters will be added.
** ▲ each regional level is changed. A similar level of regions can exist in many places.**

With this change they did, the game will be less linear.

1 Like

yeah we need something like that… poring familiy drops, poporing, angeling even ghostring. RO did a good job on giving monster personality, kudos to you pointing that… :smiley:

1 Like

where do you browse can you give a link. I am curious :smiley:

here http://tos.nexon.com/news/gmnews/view.aspx?n4ArticleSN=32

1 Like

Speaking about RO, mobs there has personality because each one has a unique sound effects that makes them alive. There are times that you can identify that that “specific mob” is on the area not because you can see it but because you can hear it on the background.