Tree of Savior Forum

ToS is empty? How many people play on each server?

In other games you actually know for how long they will stay, at least. For me, i have no problems if they “trivialize” stuff over time, but the way they do it often feels random in execution and timing.

It’s not even a lot of rewards…i honestly have my doubts that they spent a lot of effort or time on this.
It’s normal for some rewards to be exclusive honestly, and i see no problem in doing that with cosmetic stuff. I find it weird that you can unlock…emotes? allegedly, that is weird.

This said i still don’t get what you want.
Imagine if the game had no crown, no goddess card, no vaivora, no goddess armors, no legend cards, no rng ichors, no rng in wbr, no hard raids, no rewards (mostly cosmetic) for ladder stuff. What would you do in it?
People would simply clear the content once and close the game, at that point it would make no sense to play an MMORPG.

Removed for now.

20 characters

5 Likes

4 Likes

Calm down guys, game is ded and lost it’s soul as being an objectively fun game .

At this avenue they are still interviewing players 1-to-1 and asking about MTX. The entire direction they are taking is already a red flag. It seems like they already lost hope as well. To put it plainly, for the past 5 years or so . IMC doen’t listen and never will.

Game went from a social/community based exploration environment + unique class-combination system with hidden interactions and unlocks to simply a flex simulator. Builds are no longer unique nor interesting. You just get to pick 3 classes and swap around in a meta-dps cycle.

You no longer play with the community, but play against the community. You unlock stuff for yourself, by yourself at the expense of others. How is that fun, unless you are Narcissistic enough to pursue the game like this. The art and music has been carrying the game for years despite the flaws in the client and buggy mess.

4 Likes

Removed for now.

20 characters

Doesn’t change the fact that ToS has unique issues.
Calm down Rhoss, You are also an integral part of the reason why the game became stale because you let the devs have an impression it’s okay to do the players like this .

1 Like

I got what you said completely fine. You are entitled to your opinion. You can quit the game freely.
I’m not attacking your opinion as a whole, but your “grass is greener on the other side” argument,
on top of pretending that the things you cried about aren’t the same in most other titles in the MMO space.

Schizoposting

thats what people would think when tos is the only mmo they play probably
id say let them complain, its free anyway and its opinion
though its getting out of topic and its already suggested by someone else here to make another thread really, even though all these problems mentioned related
i see imc and tos problems, solutions, decisions, are not unique. many trashy developer whether indie developer or even famous big one did what imc did to their games, experienced what tos currently experience now, the same path alike, same decisions alike
what differentiate them just how bad it is
from what id experience they are probably among my top 3 of incompetent game publisher and manager, sorry to say imc, its my opinion, someone out there may think you are the best
again like what i said previously its about experience on playing mmos
im not saying im expert in mmo but to me this moment of tos fall, issues, solutions they took, its not something new in mmo-verse
theres really no easy going out of situation out of these because the rightest decision is gonna be costy and risky
imc just better start anew, start listen, and improve
the game reputation and imc reputation whether as developer or publisher is nowhere healthy in the game market

5 Likes

anyway it’s getting close to 400ish playerbase if anyone care
it’s almost like countdown time if you watch the chart now
so it’s not empty and you can say it’s 100ish per server
enough for having 3x 15v15 of GTW each server i guess

also seems like someone being big fan of lost ark after being free from tos lol
imo lost ark is lame, been played in jp, same kind of instance style game much like tos
If it has maggi art style or said SE HD2D i’d play longer

i won’t be surprised if smilegate take the same development path like imc since most of their games are also p2w style
only they are bigger than imc and dealing with big brand new publisher in mmo market like amazon games which financially great to support lost ark if bezos want to keep playing around in gaming market
especially when their first mmo situation, new world, is almost like tos in a way, not in playercount wise obviously, it’s falling and unable to survive the negative buzz
it’s funny new world also developed plus published by amazon games themself, like itos with imc
So i foresee lost ark will also pretty much like tos, maybe not in the near future

personally if any game deserve attention as game of the month its probably elden ring
for me its fresh compare to lost ark, and it packs actual exploration
too bad for some maybe the specs are beefy, at least it’s beefier than lost ark
but i assumed tos emigrants are into diablo style instead soul style
been there, it’s been fun killing punching bags

The big changes made in wow is per expansions, small changes is made per patch
Tos changes were made in a span of 1 episode, everything is big, since every patch you see 1-2 lines of bug fixed.
No problem if they change something, at least give the people time to cope up
They can bring new content every month, or quarter or half, I don’t mind
But change something right after some people achieve it?
Goddess Card lvl 10 hasn’t even reach a year and you already have leticia cards.
Giltine Card was hard to craft, and in just few months you already have Boruta card in Leticia cubes.

His point was, its too soon. Why play the game now when in few months it’ll be easier, why not just wait. And why should I play after that, if in few months more it will change again.

At least you can grind battle of azeroth, leave, come back after 2 years and continue, it might be easier but, its still somewhat relevant including the lore. In Tos, you grind, leave, come back after 2 years, almost everything is either free or irrelevant, just play the new contents.

Would you agree if I say almost all f2p is p2w?

I’m not gonna defend lost ark, not a fan.
There are problems and bugs, sure.
But the issue is, it works as intended, it is polished.
Tos classes don’t even know if it wants synergy, balance or what.

Im sure there are many people playing elden ring, but its not an mmo.
It’s a co-op multiplayer.

1 Like

who said its an mmo lmao

if you have time to quote you should have time to read

1 Like

I know what you said
I was specifically quoting

Because we are talking about mmos andyou suddenly shove a different genre

Well guess what Dark souls is a pretty good game

See, it’s average player even out in 2 days
Means I wasn’t really wrong for posting jptos instead itos lol
Just a little bit visionary
It’s actually itos win the race now
Race to the bottom

2 Likes

For Fedi it’s not even the case, as the 3rd guild doing GTW doesn’t have 15 people in it. Not even sure there are still 15 people in the second guild either. ToS_support guild can’t even participate…

Yesterday I logged into the game, tried to do some automatch stuff, didn’t see anyone in any queue, did one CM solo, logged out.

You know what? When I started playing ToS, having only one character full F2P the game sounded like it never had an end, since I was spending an insane amount of time clearing every map for quests, collection items, Vibora exp cards (exploration + mob kills) and there were so many maps to clear, took me a whole year to reach endgame and that was fun. Plus the content was challenging from day one. I started Losk Ark and got exactly the same feeling. But when I see the “instant level 50” button next to my character, I can’t help thinking that Lost Ark will eventually become like ToS where once the honeymoon is over and you reach endgame, the same issues will fatally appear and make the game less appealing.

Depends on the definition. If you consider “win” as “being one of the top players” then probably. As long as you can “buy” resources to make your character stronger it is p2w. If you consider “win” as “being able to complete the game”, then no. Imagine games where endgame raids would be locked behind cash shop resources, that would be true p2w. Old shareware games would do that – get the game for free, explore the first few levels and then you’re forced to pay if you wanted to go further and complete the game.

1 Like

I do get your point, p2w has been a long debate since forever, and im not gonna expand on it. It’s no longer necessary.

But you see, that’s not a free-to-play model. Old shareware games would do that, the free version is like a demo, and then you have to pay to play the rest of the game. Its either a buy-to-play or subscription model.

And anyway it’s really out of topic, so let’s not just talk about it. Thank you for replying.

Those 2 patches were judged by many wow players that they were the worst of the worst expansion ever and those features that you mentioned were key reasons.

I think most of us realized why TOS has failed (p2w , endless grinding , etc.) , but my major disappointment is toxic and unfriendly communities due to various in-game elements. combing with less than 600 peak player , I am not surprised if this game will enter maintenance mode or shut down at any time if IMC does not seriously fix this game.

i agree with this one. imagine being a new player getting shouted and abused by veterans because you don’t know mechanics or you’re too undergeared

the only remaining players left are the toxic ones

The more competitive and demanding a game is, the more likely it is to become toxic. IMC made it like this, it’s just the natural course.

7 Likes

But but… dear Kim said that TOS is a cute and casual game, it isn’t his fault if people p2w to be on top :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Meanwhile…

#RoadTo400

Damn that’s players gain
The game is reviving
Awesome