Tree of Savior Forum

ToS is empty? How many people play on each server?

i think the core of the very core problem is just tos reach its endgame.

the fun adventurous journey is pretty much end already, to be continued, or probably theres only extras story and the rest of the game is just grind, and to me its the worst kind of grind genre of instance dungeon which is so boring, lacking social aspect, and tedious. isnt this game marked itself previously as open world? even though its segregated by area, it still was, but it doesnt feel like one ever since they go full dungeon on almost all feature including field boss raid. there was even just like originally 5 zaura and gang iirc?? then they cut it into 2 skia and the butterflies?? to no field massive raid action at all as they turn it into dungeon style jsr. the only big scale pve is probably guild dungeon and its not accessible easily and its still pretty much a dungeon. thats pretty sucks for massive multiplayer game for having no big scale accessible pve raid. big pve scale public raid does matters, it shows the game population, also its cool place to flex your progress.

Also have you ever watch soap operas where they just adding more characters and uneccessary story while the main story is actually end or just postponed?? its not even relevant to its title anymore. its pretty much what happened to most mmo that reach endgame including tos, like mabinogi for example you will heard the same complain in its forum that they made the game easy, theres less things to do and so on.

especially if you compared the game to lost ark, which is fresh for some, or maybe not for others, cause actually its just a fresh arena to show off how fast you reach endgame, how much you willing to pay, gain fame, and in the end you will meet the same boring grindwall.

tbh the euphoric moment of most recent new MMO is pretty short because most of them are rush game. like what happened to new world will most likely happen to lost ark as well. its just lost ark definitely has more contents to offer since its been existed 2-3 years already and if any bad decision was happened in the past, in another server, they couldve at least prevent it on this one and most definitely provide better experience.

but at the very core, its the same. at one point you will eventually get bored and move on. if you arent, majority will.

imc should get a clue, either they build that tos mobile and make it right, or at least better than beginning of tos pc, or just develop tos 3 and start fresh, keeping all the goodies, players favorites, and most definitely better game management.

3 Likes

Spot on Mister

That is the weakness of mmorpg in general. Because it is role-playing of a character in a story.

The story always has to end somewhere.

And that is a problem when incorporating a story in an online game. Devs will always need to keep it fresh. By extending it further and further, the story loses its value, not unless it is directed to a certain goal or conclusion.

Like for example, one piece goal is to find the one piece, naruto’s story is about the journey of the boy naruto, bleach story is about uhhh… (that is some weeb example)

Anyway you get the idea. But that is why they invented something like the “episodes” and “expansions” (or dlc if you like). The thing is, episodes are more like the continuation of the story because it is usually very short and less content, while expansion is like a new story with massive content. Most free to play games adopt this “episode” method (it is cheaper/low cost).

And yep, in today’s mmos end game is what matters, its like the waiting area to the next patch. People are so thirsty for content that they finish the game in less than a week.

That is why they put a lot of restrictions in their game, e.g. fatigue system (in tos case: tickets/vouchers) RNG, number of entries, more gears and etc. Because you can’t just add 10 more levels every time a player reaches the max.

The era of level up with low rate is over. It is not only time consuming, most people nowadays like to see their progress. So they divide the time needed to level up by one, to the time needed to farm 4-10 pieces of equipment. It does look rush, in an rpg perspective. Because the story is tied to the level not to the gear, and to a players perspective, new story = new content, new content = new gears.

The thing with Lost Ark is, it was made using unreal engine 3. It is pretty much hype everytime unreal engine releases its update, because of their graphics overload. When it was developed, there are tons of people who anticipated it, and now, they are finally able to play it.

Yep, graphics my friend, just like aesthetics in tos is very much personal preference. It does not make the game any better than any other.

The level of technology to make an open world or segragated zones in an mmo is quite high, you must have a high capacity server, to load all that details by mere seconds. Otherwise the server will be overloaded, resulting in lag. Just like how it lags when ram is consumed by high memory applications. You see, the budget on the game wasn’t that big, but it is decent, and then they used nexon as publisher, feels like a scam. But thanks to that, it got the publicity it needed.

And its also true, it defeats the meaning of the acronym MMO, when the game activities revolves around instanced dungeons. Then they lower the number of participants in GTW and limit the number in guild raids for stability. When the focus of an mmo should be social interaction, how does it feel to play with the same 4 people for the rest of the game. You join a guild and they still play with each other.

Indeed
Giltine could’ve been dead in latest episode
Just kill giltine along with her nerd servant, done
The game goin soap opera way for sure
No need avataras, baubas or even the wine blonde
Their impact in story, their story building, is so lacking anyway
I don’t get the feel how powerful they are, how respectable villain they are, all except their cool teleport animation. Nothing else.
Even gesti introduction much better than these two demon god
If giltine was not meant to be killed yet to begin with, just keep her for later
To me this drop the hype of killing the ultimate final boss, especially when you kill it on daily basis in raid

I think the fatigue system is the thing that drive Whale away from ToS. I know bunch of whale and every new patch 2 or 3 of them left after some weeks. Because while IMC put up huge restriction, they also sell pack with hundreds of voucher at the same time. NOT a month later BUT right when patch hit. So whale bought them get to max equip in 1 week and burnt out/bored and quit.

Meanwhile the restriction is insane enough that normal people couldn’t even participate or see the light when they gonna get the stuff and just gave up and leave. Like with the legend raid stone debacle a casual player would have 5 party snake from the patch till they remove the legend stone. And now I only have 2 party run per week with 5 chars + buy all voucher.

So the progression/fatigue alone is a problem IMC keep screwing up and result in diminishing playerbase. The other is their attempt on balancing classes and war against bot both A. take away time and effort to make more content, B. ultimately do nothing but screw up normal player (people still bot in auto snake, probably can bot in new HG, and class balance is yeah)

Yeah, well that is kind of true.

The problem isn’t the fatigue system itself. Almost all mmorpg have fatigue systems implemented (specially korean mmo). Fatigue system was initially implemented to combat video game addiction, specially to minors, and raise productivity. It is more of an eastern problem, when streaming wasn’t a thing.

But then, if anyone wants to no life the game, well…

The main reason why companies choose the free to play model, is because it offers the highest new players count out of all the other models (buy to play, subscriptions, etc.)
And high population constitutes a healthy mmo. Unfortunately the free to play model provides inconsistent revenue to companies. They won’t really get anything from their customers unless they buy something.

The rest is true, although some of it were implemented to combat rmt and funneling, it was a reckless decision. Botting and rmt is like the cancer of mmorpgs, no game has ever permanently cured this problem. Some, accepted rmt as part of the gaming community, even though it hurts the devs because it does not really help them in any way.

The healthiest way to combat botting, is to have players actively reporting them and for some staff/program to monitor the game and reports all the time, which is a really tedious task.

Also, imc keeps releasing content, however, it does end fast, and it gets old quite fast too. Imagine creating a hard coded raid/dungeon/content, only for it to be cleared in under 10 minutes right after release. Almost all content can be finished in the same manner. (Even faster)

Removed for now.

20 characters

35 Likes

Long story short, players finally got sick and tired of IMC always taking one step forward and three steps back. Game had too much fat it didn’t want to cut down and is slowly grinding to a halt and IMC shows no indication of doing anything to change.

1 Like

Good job and thank you for your hard work for the past 3 years. Long post, and mostly accurate . Last paragraph was lol

IMC remains incompetent and shows lack of respect to players. Maybe the nexon thingy shouldnt have happened. Sigh

2 Likes

Just say ToS now SVCK
why must type long paragraph lel

4 Likes

You should’ve make a thread yourself you know
Like a proper goodbye one, the casual “I’m leaving and very disappointed”
Having to know known player who invested time or money so much yet they disappointed is a sign that the development went wrong

2 Likes

You’re right, it’s not really relevant in this case, so I removed it.

It wasn’t planned to be so long, and I think it’s a bit too dramatic for every single player to be making their own “goodbye” thread and stating their own gripes with the game. Besides, I already stopped playing since the beginning of the Vasilisa raid patch.

2 Likes

It’s never were dramatic.
Those who think it’s dramatic probably just white knights or imc overzealous fans.
It’s a good reflection material if Imc ever read it.
On why someone disappointed.
Like the very last feedback the game deserve.
Also I’m not asking every single players, nor every single player did it. Just you.

1 Like

Since there’s a screenshot of current Klaipeda town population, here’s a screenshot of the same thing when TOS was saved by covid boost, merely less than 2 years ago.

Untitled

Too bad IMC took it wrongly and just doubled down on every bad decisions since Ep 12.

thats the whole point.
even if the game miraculously raided by thousand of newcomers again, imc wont be ready for it. the game wont be ready for it.
as publisher their incompetency in managing the game is on another level, as developer the development is slow and rambling, each iterations gives nothing to rejuvenate the gaming experience, just enough contents so they can further milk p2w with more vouchers, in game item and cute costumes.
keeping tos this way will just further tarnish imc reputation, even when external influence involved like nexon who invested to imc

2 Likes

To me the patch around when covid hit was also pretty good. The Skiaclipse era was pretty easy to get into, and all the convoluted crap weren’t in the game yet. Enhance, Tran, Ichors and you’re good. People can comeback and enjoy it instantly and the grind to finish the whole thing wasn’t too long either, which is good.

After that however, it took a freefall. New system after new system after new system when old stuffs also need to be upgraded with a huge amount of resources. Nobody wants to comeback to all this.

I bounced off after Ark Stone was introduced because I knew what was gonna happen next. and I was right. This game doesn’t respect my time, whatsoever. So, I invited myself out.

Removed for now.

20 characters

10 Likes

please let’s go back to the days when raids were like Lepidoptera Junction ;_;

4 Likes

This is getting oot
Funny people keep bringing up lost ark like it’s fresh when it actually isn’t
Also for anyone here who playing lost ark, lost ark is still developed by koreans, they will reflect their development path for kr market first, like tos.
In the next 2-3 years lost ark forums will probably have a thread like this, same issues like this where the fun part discontinued, things obsoletes, past contents made easy, irrelevant, and veterans effort disrespected which are symptoms of mmo that coming to an end.

Now back to topic
We hit officially hit 4xx already hours ago
That’s 100+ players lost since the last time I posted here 9 days ago
That’s like casting tos with that one oracle skill
Too bad it doesn’t heal overtime in this case

The difference is that Lost Ark has sustained over 800,000 concurrent users for more than week. Tons of people tried it, but then, they kept playing. Tree couldn’t maintain their playerbase at the launch, nor after any update. Regardless of the quality of the game, or what the gameplay is like, it’s clearly working.

Also, you’re looking at the Japanese version steam chart.

3 Likes

ooh
My bad

Not too worry, it’s almost like a race

Probably it will even out in a day

3 Likes