Tree of Savior Forum

ToS INA Developer Q&A Translated

Thanks for the post.
Among the things we already know… there’s some relevant information.

Local servers, in particular.
It’s a bit unfortunate that it’s more convenient to just throw out more servers rather than try to improve the game’s mechanics and netcoding for a better feel with higher latency for the International server.
Still, we already knew about this and it’s not unreasonable.
It’s probably not worth my time to try and jump through loopholes if IMC decide some regions are not allowed on the International servers for whatever reason. I’d have to take that as my queue to leave.

1 Like

Considering how they’ve been splitting the Ranks, I’d say they don’t consider C2 as a new class. If you look at the class builders, you get 3 possible options when getting to a new Rank, the C2/3 of your current class and 2 new classes. So I’m guessing it’s just until Rank 7 with 2 new classes per tree.

That’s how i understood too. However it’s a new rank and things might be different, since they haven’t announced Rank 6 Circle 2 yet, we cannot be 100% sure that they will stick to the current class development system.

Thanks, you’re the best :+1:

Sounds great, happy about the statements on cash shops albeit ambiguous it sounds like they are trying to lean away from abusive shops, even in the east.

The more levels sound good to, it’s not really a representation of how grindy it will be but I think the leveling part of the game is going to be fun. So I like to see it broken up like that. So you can get that feeling of progression from XP for longer or in more frequent intervals.

So they’re gonna pretend they’re not in any way affiliated with Ragnarok huh. Doesn’t matter what they say, it shows in the development and playerbase how strongly connected the two games are.

1 Like

Mmm they just want to try and remove the expectation… Since it’s like 10 years down the road and the audience has changed a bit, and so have online games. They’re likely just tired of criticism because it’s not a carbon copy. They already have the audience’s attention so why try and milk it. RO community was already circling Hakkyu Kim like hungry mosquitoes circle fat sweaty people back when project R1 was announce. But that’s no wonder. We haven’t had a sequel of delicious grindy goodness for 10 years. … When is the last time you’ve searched for a 5x5 pixel clickable piece of dungeon background during a quest. I got to do that in iCBT. And you know what… I liked it. Been 10 years and they still do the same crap. Probably coded it from memory. I guess what I mean to say is we’ill be attracted to them regardless because they still got the same style. Fat little blood sacks… They may playfully swat at us… But we’re simple minded and we’re starved we’ll keep buzzing in their ear regardless.

2 Likes

@Raspy they just want to try and remove the expectation

true and i agree with you. although the problem come from players. they want TOS to be new Ragnarok. i read in some other forum that the op want the card system as Ragnarok and even class playstyle is like Ragnarok classes. there more to that and some of those can be read in this forum

when player expectation is different from reality will create disappoint. we need put those players expectation from Ragnarok to brand new IP game.

Thanks for translating!

[quote=“Ltb_Regen, post:1, topic:39221, full:true”]Mr. Kim Hak Kyu said before that they won’t choose Pay2Win direction for this game. However, there are issues that mentioned that +40 is the maximum enhancement for a piece of equipment.
The first time we enhance an equipment, the success chance is 100%, later it will decrease concomitant with the enhancement level until 51%.[/quote]

That is gonna cost a ton of silver,
since the prices for enhancement of your equip increase exponentially.

Looking at the Indonesia events handing out 0.5m’s of silver, you can see where this is going. Oh well.

1 Like

They arent tho lol. What else you need? the creators have said they arent. Its like saying if blizzard/WoW dev team makes a new mmorpg it would NEED to be exactly like wow 2.0

My only wish is that it won’t become like this with the upgrading system. Upgrading hell.

I wouldn’t mind seeing donation packs… Path of Exile made something like half .2 mil on release with those… And another .2 mil in just one weekend when they had a second drive a year or so later and that cosmetic and storage tabs that aren’t even necessary unless you’re a pack rat. I think something like that and maybe storage space and hats. I’d give them 10 bucks for each type of sakkat they put in. And 10 bucks a month for shared storage or something along those lines.

I’m not sure how to feel about this as long as there isn’t anything sold in the cash shop to improve this I guess I wouldn’t mind that system.

Coming from maplestory where you have to spend 300 dollars on cubes to reset the stats to get 10% to all isn’t a system I’m looking forward too again.

Thank you very much for this translation, I would like to see more Q&A’s like this but they are a little hard to find.
Looking forward to the Japanese Q&A of this Upcoming Japanese CBT they have just to have some extra info considering IMC is not so good with giving us info hahahaha.

Anyway thanks ! @Ltb_Regen

I wonder if there will be cosmetics in the game.