Tree of Savior Forum

ToS haircuts cost more than real world haircuts

I didn’t even know Walmart did haircuts, damn. Ontop of letting you buy food and video games and get fitted for Eyeglasses, they should rename themselves to Chimera Corp.

I’m getting tired of paying for haircuts, gonna just teach myself how to do it.

I’m more worried about the usefulness of the Token. It’s not even worth $10 in its current form unless you’re an Auction House addict.

1 Like

They are cosmetic, yes. But they are expensive? Yes.

I’m worried about all, I want buy cosmetics too, but not at that price.

1 Like

I agree, and even so it costs 17 bucks. I’d buy those tokens for the 2 attributes and +3 movement speed buff.

Indeed, $17 is enough to buy you entire games and more than some the full subscriptions of some AAA title games. I hope people aren’t silly enough to endorse these prices and support the game over there. Also it doesn’t matter if you can or cannot afford it - it is simply a waste of money for what it gives.

3 Likes

Ye. I like the fact that there’s cosmetics, but its not even permanent.

Somehow I feel as though this has Nexon written all over it, but it’s not even slightly worth to have.
Perhaps it were like ~$10 USD and Permanent it would actually have some nice value, but who’d realistically only pay that much for? Plus, it’s only hair. Imagine custom outfits suddenly costing like $40 in their incomes. I do not know the Korean Infrastructure, but that’s straight gross in pricing.

It’s like if they thought: “Lets raise the price, and if a fraction of people still pay for it, we’ll still make a profit!”, because that discourages people from not only buying it first, but repetitively.

$30 is just for a hairstyle
Can’t imagine the price for this game if turns to b2p like gw2 =o
My haircut here is $4 lol

1 Like

[quote=“Sixaxis, post:35, topic:126196, full:true”]
Translate the Korean text. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)[/quote]
That Korean text translated

Forgive me Chill-chan.

But yeah, I expect the Costumes to get at least a 50% increase in price over the Hairstyles if they stay the same. Over there, that is. I’m more surprised that people aren’t discussing the bare minimum of things to buy in the Cash Shop; there’s nothing in it. It looks so… anorexic.

D: That is what I get for not expecting dank memes.

But still. $30 seems a tad…high. I’d settle for half of it honestly.

Hah, nice troll on the korean text.

But to clarify for those that didn’t get it, there’s nothing that indicates that the styles are not permanent. They also, unlike what you might expect, don’t directly affect your character, but instead act as items in your inventory, and there’s now an equipment slot where you can equip hairstyles. That means different styles you have can be swapped in and out at any time.

So these are basically wigs!? how do these interact with your hair color?

A. if its too expensive for you don’t pay any money.
B. so people complain about cosmetic items nowadays? first people complain about stat raising items, but now ppl complain about cosmetic items…ugh, people just want to complain about anything

By default it will take your base hair color (I think), and if you’ve unlocked hair colors with achievements, you can just hit the hair color you want in the character sheet and it will change.

Edit: I found a random play to demonstrate the hairstyle slot. Forgive me, random player!

1 Like

I can see why people are complaining because if you got 30 dollar haircuts as more things get added to the shop it will continue to be priced too high for it to be worth it for people to buy things. It will scare away the people who on average spend 10 or 20 dollars on the game. Which means the only people that the game depends on is the whale spenders people with thousands of dollars and drop money on the game like crazy. That is only about a 1% -10% of total game population. Which means the game won’t have a future. But you can look at any of the examples of recent games Blade and Soul which had no future in korea because people didn’t want to cash shop. If korean’s who spend much more on micro-transactions then American players are complaining about it the game isn’t gonna make it here and if it does it won’t stay up very long. Archeage for example defiantly had some things that where stupid from release and did a lot of stupid things but they’ve actually done a pretty good job in the last few months making it more possible for people who are free to play to get free shop items and such. If they would have done it much sooner they wouldn’t be losing population like they are. But TOS is doing all the wrong things from the start. After successful beta’s they throw the game away. Who wants to spend 20 dollars to use the auction then 2 dollars per item listed. And your telling me the problem is people exploiting currency and trading it. You could just bind gold to a player and allow people to trade like normal but really they could have just fixed all the money exploits and stuff instead :wink:

1 Like

I know right. Last few games I played sold guaranteed item upgrades and box’s that can drop best gear in the game and people are saying “gg game is dead” because some stupid hair costs too much lool

1 Like

Yeah only whale will play because why would anyone play a game where they can’t afford the Pay2Win hairstyle… ohh wait…

Not sure you know what whale means. Ask my friend who payed $7,000 in archage to get good gear and tell me about how some cosmetic items will ruin this game lol

1 Like

Well… for my hungarian wallet… … …(nobody cares XD)… it is too much even if it’s permanent. The “best” would be 10$ for me…15$ would be acceptable but…I would think it twice… Above that I think I just won’t buy it but whatever… …or maybe I will wait for that 1 special haristyle that worth my money…for the rest of my life… XD

I don’t care that much btw. I’m more concerned about the token but we will see how it will be here.

Btw Mabinogi is a game published by Nexon too and it has a quite nice cash shop imo… I mean in prices…Except reforges…X) I can afford nice pets in that game if I want.

Its so people can be special snowflakes.

I’m sure a fair ammount of poeple aroing to buy the haircuts, but if they cut the price by about 1/3 or even 2/5 of the current one it would look more appealing to the general market. 1/2 would certainly cause a lot more people go into it, but it may not be the best movement considering it would cause easy backslash of people going ‘‘lol they admited it was way too expesive’’ while 1/3 or 2/5 would be noticeable but not as much.

I have a question though, people has been mentioning the Token being more expensive than suscriptions to P2P games, but I really would like to know the price of the suscription of those games in Korea.

U welcome :smile:

/20characters

Trolling Detected.

Initiate Anti-Troll Protocol!

7 Likes