Tree of Savior Forum

TOS and steamcharts

I’d tried to play 6 months ago… this same vga error denied my access to the game… now, i’m trying again and still with the same error. The sad part is they always ignore what i’m saying and still copy pasting things that i’ve stated before…
I’d never been in a guild and still they ask me the name of my guild… it’s a lost cause

Nope, we rewriting the entire infrastructure to C++

They don’t ever ask for guild; perhaps you’re mistaking team name for guild name? Although recently, the new guild emblems have been crashing specific guilds’ members, so they might assume that you are part of one of those guilds.

Your case is a separate issue from those in that thread (Guild UI bug).
Perhaps your system is unable to run ToS due to some conflicts. You have to do some trail and error/diagnostics yourself.

Most of the issues here are sadly solved by players themselves. No spoon feeding from IMC :frowning:

For a start you could google the exact error message and try the various solutions others have used before. Also you have to take note of your system specs as well such as OS etc. Its all trail and error

This is real. I have a friend who had some kind of lag problem with the interface and lost his Vienarizi’s mace when trying to refine it, 2 or 3 days ago. He is a carefull boy, unlocked it and then the worst happens… He was very sad, that is some 40kk~50kk thrown away. the response ticket was awfull and made things worst. Something like “we found your log but we can’t do nothing for you buddy” and “a friend’s advice don’t thrown away things” as if my friend wanted to lose his strongest weapon. It was a ui fault, IMHO he deserved his weapon back. It would be a kind move but they prefered to be arrogants. While we can’t delete kepa hats and temporary things is so easy to make a mistakes and lose important things… see, a typing confirmation to delete purple orange things should be enough. We used to play togther from beta times, now I just hope he doesn’t leave the game.

2 Likes

There was a similar incident where a player discarded his solmiki cloth robe by accident. This is a very grey area. Sadly the thread has closed. The sheer number of manhours/silver to craft that robe is no joke either. He sucked it up after IMC response and went to craft a whole new one.

you can only see the thumb nail though

1 Like

Well, expect more when the server wipe, they will respond in the same reason.

The bug was their fault not players.

1 Like

I rather hope for a new server, people that would say “ill quit if server wipe” can be avoided,

I mean, Klaipeda and Orsha can just merge, the empty server can be used to start a new fresh experience.

*Id deffinately join the new server without a second thought.

2 Likes

why is sever stability so difficult to fix?

I love playing Tree of Savior It’s so fun! :nerd_face: :star_struck:

TOS FO LIFE!

game has always been unstable since forever

@NotSoAccurateNo1
Unfortunatelly, not. They asked the Guild name. The team name is a requiriment to sent the ticket.
My problem isn’t the same, it’s a more especific but they keep mixing.
My guess is since i’ve change my S.O to W10 i can’t play and i’m not gonna change my S.O for one game since all the others that i play run smooth on w10.

@Ersakoz
I’ve tried everything i could find. Reinstall, delete xml files, tempfiles, data, change release.revision… everything. Nothing worked for me

That might affect some functions since not all programming language have the same environment.

You’re right, but the current system is held together by old bandaids. I also have yet to see ToS do something that C++ couldn’t do.

Though I didn’t say that it would be impossible to change TOS code from LUA to C++, but it would take time even with some help, I’d rather suggest studying LUA and help IMC. But then again IMC won’t notice or give a f*ck since you’re not part of their team :confused: sad but it’s kinda true.

Cause the rest of the world understands that there are many other quality options and having to 8+ months for content updates with new bugs every other patch plus an unsecure server and such since release gives people no reason to stay.

I agree with the OP but you tried to take a shot at players when this is IMC’s failure.

1 Like

If the amount of effort spent flaming could be spent on providing data for IMC diagnostics i think it would help a lot. I used to be one of the angry bunch then i realized being angry wouldnt help at all. I would rather conserve the effort in gathering data/information so they could work on it.

i mean cmon, it’s too obvious they are understaffed and low on manpower.

Exactly on point to what i mentioned.

Its true some of these issues are entirely server sided but some of them can be solved if the community pooled information together. IMC can be the one fixing those bugs but when it comes to coding/programming there is no one-way approach to the bug. If you noticed IMC is getting as much data as possible from last replay files from players.

The recent guild UI is a very good example. IMC have not resolved this bug yet.

But one thing IMC should really do is being transparent. If only they can admit what went wrong, what caused it and how they plan to resolve it. This is lacking from them.

1 Like

I’m referring to how you determine what actual players, as if people fed up with IMC’s failures this whole time are somehow impatient.

1 Like

You don’t need C++. TOS would probably run about 10 times better even if coded in Java by some decent coder. But the dev money was wasted and now that’s how it is. A broken engine, players gone and no one there to fix it. Well played!

But given the addicts they can probably bandaid another year or two until the server costs are higher than the income which forces the shutdown.

The gacha system we’re forced to do to get costumes isnt exactly attracting more costumers either, changing their marketing tactics could help alot with their funds.