Tree of Savior Forum

Too much boss fights, weak bosses and boring rewards

I’ve never imagined I’d complain about the game having too much Boss fights. But in this game it doesn’t even feel like fighting a boss when there are this many of them + they are so weak it’s like fighting regular mobs.

Right now it feels like wasting unique monster sprites on 1 minute fight which you never ever encounter again.

Solution: Less but more challenging boss fights with possible repetition and unique rewards.

19 Likes

I’d say that they could tone down a bit those traps. I was fighting Muscharia yesterday and 90% of the screen was “Attack Restrain Traps”. I’d love if bosses could be a challenge, but regarding their own skills rotation; also some traps feel out of place, like a Throneweaver summoning bear traps lol. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Some of the bosses killed me MANY times. If it wasn’t for the iCoins (which I just use because they are free in beta) I would have had to go back and try quite a few times.

Some of the later bosses require constant movement, always watching their animations (little to no markers on ground), kill add-ons, etc. None of the bosses pre-30 were EXCEPTIONALLY hard, but that’s still early game. I think I’d reserve judgment til I see like level 60+ bosses.

6 Likes

I’ve watched lvl 150+ boss fights on youtube and it’s absolutely and completely the same thing only with different numbers popping.

1 Like

I personally love having boss fights as part of normal questing, since most mobs (especially when I play in a party) are target practice with occasionally cute faces. With bosses I actually have an incentive to use spells and positioning/mobility to win a fight. Unless you’re in a really small battle, you’re probably being swarmed by summons because you stay in the same place too long.

I agree with you, until level 30+ all the bosses movements could be read and evaded if you were paying attention, but bosses like the one on Temple Courtyard killed me a few times and i’m still wondering how, those invisible attacks can be very annoying and frustrating because they do a huge damage as well.

1 Like

My only concern about bosses is that they should be free and not cut scene and quests.the cut scene idea is good but not pratical, i’d rather fight a boss that randomly spawns at a map with ten other people than doing a one time quest. If they do that, the drop rate should be lowered.

i saw in one stream one asian guy repeat that boss with a shell in the mine like 3 times. how he did that? he was on a party. i think it’s possible to repeat, but only if you have a guy in your party who don’t kill him already

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

4 Likes

I actually like the bosses but I think that they suffer from both having waaaaaay too much HP for fights to be fun and most of their attacks coming out really slow, with a few exceptions. For me the best one so far was probably Bearkaras, in the 1st floor of the mines: its whirlwind and tornado attacks came out reasonably fast and somewhat complimented the ultra slow melee bashes that it does (even if the bashing COULD stand to be a bit faster or more frequent. Maybe keep it slow but have it release projectiles when it hits the floor or something.)

The worst one was the Specter Master, in turn. His attack patterns are actually cool but he has a billion hp and takes a ridiculously loooooong time to kill, especially with the level with which you arrive at the mines.

I actually love the bosses’ fights and I’m ok with the amount of them. First I was playing solo and the battles was taking just bit longer time then I expected, but it was just fine. The problem was when I was playing with a friend in a party: the bosses seem to be the same difficult when I was playing solo, same ai, same traps, same hp, same minions… The firsts bosses was way too easy and that was a bit disappointing for us. ):
If is going to happens a boss fight and the players are in a party, could be the boss’s attributes recalculated by the amount of players? Maybe the reward could change too, but the difficulty should increase if a player is in a party.
Of course, I’m just saying about the low-level bosses, 1-30 levels. I have no idea how difficult are the others and I guess they’re way more interesting. (:

1 - Somes bosses can have better mechanics explored (I saw pretty much good ones in the game… but not in all of them).

2 - These boss cards are really awesome, this is a point that can be much more explored, this TCG of boss cards. You guys can make plenty of players with this system developted well.

3 - Bosses should have the possibility to be defeated again, by a system with some arena for bosses or something like that… and this arena would have all that bosses in the game that are just made 1 time with a higher difficulty.

1 Like

the problem i have with bosses are not necessary the amount of bosses but combined with the tankiness.
if you are alone it can take you 5-10minutes for a boss and you cant group up before because you dont know there is a boss, especially in the mines. also the trap spaming is not really fun, just annyoing

Go fight Ravinepede :smiley:

I think the developer’s idea is that quest bosses are just for intro, and field bosses are the real deal, if you had chance to encounter those.

Only problem I have with bosses so far are the traps.

Honestly, it does make the fight harder, but not the “interesting” harder, they make it the “annoying” harder.
Throneweaver was the most frustrating boss battle I had in the game, it used all kinds of traps that didn’t make sense for it to have (like most bosses). I mean, bear traps? Why not webs? Why not turn it into their skill instead of generic traps? Why so many traps?

What I don’t like is the fact that the boss are made like “checkpoints” in the game, a hurdle you’d have to go through just to advance the game. But can’t complain about that I guess since that’s how they’ve made 100% of how each map works.

Boss are by no means “weak”, maybe they should create a “class” level scaling program within the game. It’s “easy” and “boring” you say? Well what about support characters like me? (I’m a Linker here) and I’ve died bajillions of times just to kill those bosses especially after level 30. The area restraint skills are alright, but some of their skills do OHKO that it’s brutal even for a moderate player(middle of casual and hardcore player) like me.

Hopefully developers pick up on this, bosses are fun, yes. But if it can OHKO you everytime then it becomes frustrating.

actually those boss are “quest” boss fight. they are not the real boss fights… the real boss fights are somewhere on some maps respown every x-mins and the fight are free for all to everyone on the map. … but still boring as hell. coz that boss will no do anything but stand while hitting the tankers. so the range are free to hit…

I really miss the ragnarok times when you meet a boss you run like your A-ss of to survive … they even run faster than anyone and you can’t outrun it unless you use flywing to teleport randomly on the map. they also switch target depending on the situation to ensure that they are not just standing there hitting the tank all the way till he die.

2 Likes

Please IMC, do something about bosses, is so boring easy :frowning: