Tree of Savior Forum

Token players ability to blacklist bots

what i’m hearing you saying is you get 1 report per day, total. (if you report Jimmy on tuesday, you can’t report anyone else on tuesday.)
this makes the entire system pointless. people aren’t going to automatically all report the same bot. even if there’s only one bot in town, not everyone will report it, because “what if i see a worse bot later?” and then they see a bot out farming in the fields, “but what if i see a bot later that’s actually hacking?” and then they see a bot using distance-hacks, “but what if i see a bot doing something even worse later?” and so on. when you cripple it to a single report a day, people suddenly get very picky about what they report. they don’t want to “waste” the report, in case they find a bigger problem later. in the end, this just leads to less bots reported overall, because at the end of the day, they still haven’t used their report, and it’s time to go to bed, so they log off and file nothing.

a lot of people missing their chance to report anything, because at the end of they day, they’re tired and they aren’t

and what about the people that go into town and see multiple bots? maybe they report one… maybe they can’t be bothered with a gimpy report system, and just block them all and no report is ever sent.

anyway, bots barely last a few hours, tops. since the spammers are just using fake or stolen credit cards, they don’t care, so they’ll just scrap the accounts and make more. what’s the point of keeping a spambot running for a long time anyway? the longer they hang around, the more people have blocked them, and the less effective they are.

now sure, if you can only file one report per day, that’s pretty hard to abuse. that would make the effort to abuse the system equally pointless to the effort required to use it for its intended purpose.

just because it worked in one game (which was so “popular” it only lasted 9 months for the USA release. this also explains why the botters never bothered to get into the game.) doesn’t mean it will work in every game. just because you never saw it abused doesn’t mean it never was. maybe it really -was- never abused, but that doesn’t mean it can’t be.

hell you keep saying “no one could ever get 20-30 people together to do it” but all you really need is 1 guy with a lot of time on his hands. computers can’t tell the difference between 20 guys with 1 account each, or 1 guy with 20 accounts.

“oh but the GM’s would just fix it” … sure, eventually, probably. but how long will that be? even with only the current population, it takes GM’s a few hours to get to reports. in large mmo’s it can take days. in large korean mmo’s i’ve seen players complaining about tickets not being handled for literally years. [this is using the original meaning of “literal” – the tickets have been in the queue waiting for thousands of days.]

i’ve been playing MMO’s since ultima online came out. that’s 20 years. does that mean i win now? add to that, i was already an adult when that game came out.
the “report” function dates back long before the RMT’s were a thing. but that couldn’t possibly be because some people are just a$$holes, right?

1 Like

He’s been told about these holes in his current suggestion like 7 times already. I’m kind of surprised how you had the energy and determination to continue with someone like him. It’s obvious he can’t into critical thinking nor he accepts any suggestions how to improve this system he suggested, which makes it quite pointless to have discussion about it. And this means the whole thread becomes pointless.

You are pointless.

You are more concerned about guilds than botters and RMT. Get real here. It shows your priorities. I’ve pointed to examples, you have pointed to nothing but your fear of guilds.

I don’t know why I even bother answering you but there’s no point implementing your idea as it is because it brings new problems that are still quite severe, and likely.

And if you had actually read my posts, I’ve given slightly alternative ways to implement it to minimize these problems. And what I wanted was to encourage others to think possible solutions to these problems if they thought the general idea was worth considering and pondering about.

But go ahead, keep on insulting me and others. I’m sure it will lead people bothering to continue with your thread and suggestion :slight_smile:

You bother to answer because you’re a sore loser and can’t seem to let go that I pointed out your flawed logic.

Let me quote you again so you can see your own statement:

This is why you are an idiot. You don’t understand what it means to be blacklisted.

And apparently you still didn’t understand that part but I’ll point it out for you for one more time (this will be the third time on this matter then), not because I want to be polite with you anymore but to point out which one of us has problems with reading comprehension. Please read it carefully and not just the first line of the paragraph or every other letter etc.:

If you’re allowed to join to that blacklisted channel, like on your alternate solution, what that quoted part of the reply was about, then it would be the obvious choice for the botters to join that channel before they get banned. No one would be bothering to report them there, like I said earlier. And they would be then free to change back to other channels later because they were never banned in the first place.

So there would be no point creating another AH for them then, and without separating the AH for that channel your whole idea is even more rubbish.

Did you get it now? Just tell me which parts of that short second paragraph you didn’t understand and I’ll bother to re-write it like it is meant for person with very limited understanding of English or is mentally handicapped.

now you’re just resorting to insults, instead of coming up with any kind of coherent replies.

forget it. you’re a waste of time.

1 Like

Says the guy who thinks adding a report function is utterly useless and thinks it somehow generates more bots.

But congrats. They are putting in a report function while you will continue to cry like a baby about how it will be abused lol.

Where did anyone say something like that, other than just you? No one was against the general idea itself. It’s just you’re against any suggestions or critique how to fix your exact proposition how the idea should be implemented. Because it’s inefficient, extra vulnerable to abuse for no reason and has components that makes no sense and would just cause extra server costs (blacklist channels). But of course you didn’t realize this because we presented our ideas in too many lines of text or something?

And why we had already thought out possible problems for your suggestion? Well, thing is your idea isn’t as original as you might want to think.

Here’s two threads I’ve discussed about “your” idea before, and I’m rather sure I’ve seen it suggested multiple times before these threads too:

[Me commenting how in game report function would be nice idea in general. I don’t bother going into specifics though, as it would be off-topic to that thread.] (How we as players can destroy spamming bots!)

[Here we sort of came to conclusion that captcha + reporting function together could work to limit those problems just implementing one of them has.] ([Klaipeda server] Guy macroing/botting)

And these were only the threads I bothered to reply and were found by quickly searching from my reply history. As I said, they aren’t any way original ideas of mine, or any users on this forum, either, just tossing around the same general idea with slightly different approaches on it.