Tree of Savior Forum

To trash or not to trash?

Evening to all who read this, I had a quick question about this build and was just wondering if I should trash this char and make a new one or just stick with it.

Build currently is Wizard 3 -> Linker 2. I was wondering if for ranks 6 7 8 there were anything I could go that would compliment the build and make it decent or if I should just trash it due to a bad build. Thanks to all who respond (all opinions and reasonings welcome!)

Could go for Ele3, or just reach lv.240 and make it a Saalus slave unless you’re not in the mood for buying new char slot.

you could go necro3 for afk farming(i think its allowed again)

or alchemist3 for potion making, awakening service and gem roasting shop

1 Like

Wiz3-link2-thau3 works. Wiz3 has enough combos to deliver the damage thau provides.
[sleep][energy bolt] + [joint penalty]
[lethargy][earthquake] + joint penalty: earth
any wiz3 damage spell + swell left arm: shrink size specialty

Your actions are heavily gated by [joint penalty] cd though.

I forgot about Necro3. Wiz3 Link2 is one of its popular variants. Alche3 good too.

Hm, you can still do builds but it wont be as effective than in the past.

You can go Wiz3>link2>?>Featherfoot2. or necro.

Linker used to be one of my favorite classes, but after they nerfed it to the ground it’s not really all that usefull anymore for anything other than the meme FF-farmerbuilds.

It more that the other build become viable and can do dps whitout linker.
Also linker 3 become really strong vs high hp pool monster (Solomik)
Lifeline is way better with the new statt and new scaling on buff too.

Wiz3-Link2-RC-Warlock2, JP+Mastema can melt anything that can be linked.

1 Like

Exactly what @nightrain_scy said

Wiz3-Link2-RC-Warlock2 has pretty strong single hit skills that synergizes very well with the current nerfed joint penalty.

Warlock 1 very good alone so it’s possible for you to pick either Sage or Enchanter at R8 if desired.

1 Like

So, I see a lot of differentiation which is awesome! Is there any of the builds listed above that are just really good? (I don’t really know much about mages. So, I don’t know which of the builds above would be strong or which would be weak)

EDIT: Since it would be a lot of reading, which of these builds would be best?

Wizard 3 -> Linker 2 -> Rune Caster -> Warlock 2
Wizard 3 -> Linker 3 -> Thaum 2
Wizard 3 -> Linker 2 -> Necro 3
Wizard 3 -> Linker 2 -> Ele 3

For DPS purposes, I’d say the first one. Mastema is one of the strongest skills in wizard tree, and you can combo Rune of Justice + Mastema for extra damage.

But be aware the Rune Caster quest is a pain, I’m a Rune Caster myself and love the class, but that quest is diabolic.

link3 ff2 is a really strong build too

1st and 4th build can work, 2nd build is just a farming build. 3rd build is okay and i guess a character that is fun.

you could make wiz 3 link 2 alch c3 if you want.

Necro is the only option. :snail:

I agree with everyone saying Wiz3>Link>Thaum>FF (or other DPS) for farming purposes. Mostly for farming the practonium weapon mats.

1 Like

For Wizard 3 -> Linker 2 -> Runecaster -> Warlock 2, What skills do I max for Runecaster?

Well you have no use for rune of ice…Probably max Destruction, and justice while putting in the rest of the points how you wish (more points into rune of giants for longer time of fast moving, but you decide for yourself if you need to run around that long).

For Warlock 2, which skills do I want to max?