Tree of Savior Forum

Thoughts and Suggestions for Cryo > Linker > FF

This is all in the theory crafting phase. I played Cryo back in ICBT2 but only got to circle 2 since the cooldowns were too excrutiating. In any case, the idea is to have strong CC with cryo, support with Linker, and use links to help with FF. I know FF skills are super situational, but I think it’ll be a fun build regardless.

Suggestions for Cryo and FF skills are very much welcome. A few questions I’d like to ask are:
Are Gust’s mechanics improved? Is it worth leveling beyond level 1?
How much Ice Walls should I get? What should I sacrifice for them if I need more?
I know Subzero Shield is improved, but is it okay to skip?
Does Bone Pointing act similarly to Carve Owl? That’s the vibe the demonstration is giving me.

Cryo 3 should have snow rolling and frost pillar maxed and i like at least 10 levels in ice wall you shouldn’t need more than 10 and i wouldnt go less than 7 ir 8. gust is pretty garbage compared to the rest of cryo skills. I haven’t used subzero shield so i have no real opinion on it.

Drop linker 2 and get Runecaster for +300% damage on all of your cryomancer skills.

1 Like

Cryo isn’t going to be my main form of damage, and I don’t like the absurd CDs on Runecaster for the 10 or so seconds of glory. Again, this is meant to be more party oriented with Cryo’s main purpose being CC

Well the best support right now is probably Cryo C3 Chrono C3 but you wont have any real damage that way. With Frost pillar from Cryo and linker nothing will get away from you and freeze effect will let you use your featherfoot skills safely so the build will probably actually be of fun. However it will suck to level until C7 since you wont have any damage skills beyond maybe linking and using ice pike/ snow rolling.

How is cryo not your main form of damage? What else are you using, earthquake and energy bolt?
Yes, featherfoot does stuff, but is has higher cooldowns than your main cyro skills itself and is rank 7.
besides that, What are you getting from Linker2, over going runecaster or say, Psychokino for the PP+ice wall combo?

More links for FF skills primarily. If I really don’t want to do RC, are you suggesting that 1 rank of Psycho should be picked up for the Ice Wall combo?

I do think the pp/iw combo adds more to your build than linker2 does.
If you aren’t aware, you can get a gem that gives Joint Penalty+1, giving you 6 links with linker1.
Given that, what linker 2 gets you is:

• JP goes from 6-8
  • Hangman’s knot duration goes from 2-3
  • and you get spiritual chain, which can spread QS3’s Running shot.

I don’t like linker 2, mainly. You do you tho.