Tree of Savior Forum

This game ridicules Lithuanian religion and religious content

That’s the choice to make if you want 38 stat points or to let the world burn.

IS this a SJW thread?

I agree with this.

Some elements in TOS are a direct improvement of what RO had.
RO didn’t even have hp bars on monsters (this is before, i don’t know now), including bosses. Imagine how hard it is to estimate the bosses hp considering that some of them can even heal.

If TOS isn’t newbie friendly, wait til you get instantly destroyed by monsters and even bosses summoned thru dead branch and bloody branch at the maps adjacent to towns aka newbie maps.

I could go on and on, but maybe some other time.

As for the topic, i’ll say again that most games have ridiculous stories and have many plotholes. RO is no exception.

Do keep in mind that many things in RO are Catholic themed - from the churches to the many of the classes’ skills. The catch is that, if you think about it, there really shouldn’t be anything Christian-related in this pagan Norse mythology themed game.

It was also ironic that the Royal Guards, the next progression for the crusader class, also a user of ‘holy’ skills, were actually a bunch of people loyal to a king who succumbed to darkness.

The ‘expansion’ maps are somewhat erratic as well. These maps are commonly the travel-by-sea part of RO and are modeled from real-life locations on Earth. i could only vouch for some. An example is Port Malaya. It was fashioned after Philippines. The setting is Hispanic-slash-tribal, which does go well. The part that doesn’t fit in is the jeepneys - 4-wheeled vehicles common in the country. And this vehicles only appeared waaaaaaaaay long after the Hispanic period.

This is a common faulty game logic, but i still went on, and enjoyed whatever quests and features it had.

Do note that i do not intend on flaming or discrediting or completely disagreeing, just wanted to share some experiences.

i find this thread very entertaining and informative as well.