Tree of Savior Forum

This Game is Nothing New and Not Much Good

Long story short, this game is reminiscent of Ragnarok Online. The very Nostalgia of what Ragnarok Online was, is enough to keep this game going, once it releases on steam world wide, it’s going to be one of the biggest games on steam for a long time, whether people like it or not.

That being said, it was a well thought out post, and yes, this game could use some changes here and there, but for the most part as I stated, the game reminds me so much of Ragnarok Online, and what it “used” to be, that, the game as it stands now, is just fine. Many other RO fans out there (the hundreds of thousands) would probably agree as well.

But good feedback nonetheless. (even though your theory about the game dying, is dead wrong).

1 Like

I really really dislike the linear questing, linear map routes and whatnot, especially considering this is a game people will want to have several characters in, and they will ALWAYS follow the exact same route with every single character. The small little quests that are completed within 2 minutes each manage to bore me even more than any grinding would. I really dislike the whole map level marking, the whole thing of only having one or two zones available to level in for your level range.

This game innovated in so many great ways, it’s a bit unfortunate they decided to implement the exact same boring system of endless questing and linear map progression from late MMOs. I really wish there was more of a reason to explore, this game has so many maps, but in the end you kind of know that in your 400 levels of questing you will end up being guided through almost every single one of them anyway, so there is very little reason to wander off to where quest arrows don’t tell you to.

1 Like

Just like RO2, right?

This game plays nothing like Ragnarok Online, especially when it comes to the linear map/quest progression. The only reason this game is currently popular is because it’s beta and people are hoping they will still fix the various issues it has. RO nostalgia can’t keep a game popular for long.

1 Like

If you honestly think this game plays anything like Ragnarok Online and not an MMO version of Diablo II, then I doubt you’ve even played this game. The only three things that reminded me of Ragnarok Online were: The 2D head sprites and rotation of sitting, the stylization attempt of 2D and 3D (despite character models being 3D, they look very 2D-ish) and soundTEMPs OST.
Other than that, I can’t point out a single thing that screams anything other than “HI, I’M DIABLO II!”

You and a hundred thousand of people have bad taste and would accept any game being garbage just because it makes you feel nostalgic?
Good to know, truly the devs should listen to you.
PS: Ragnarok Online never “used” to be or even was a linear quest driven MMO with a lacking emphasis on community efforts and gameplay.

1 Like

This is its owne game not ro not ro 2.if you are here for ro2 you beter leave and go play ro.there people loving the game the way it is.if there will not be good number of people and the game will close so be it.yes it need some more things like end game and good dungeons.

But then, how would you know if you are in the right place? Just a suggestion in addition to removing the indicators, put a compass around the minimap and just give players clues in the dialogue, maybe that’s better? like: “It is located north east of here”, And maybe give players a reason to read npc messages not just skim through them.

I’m merely stating this has nothing to do with RO to someone who apparently plays this for RO nostalgia. Either way, I’m merely posting my opinion like everyone else and it’s no any less valid for comparing it to RO in some ways.

if there will not be good number of people and the game will close so be it

Well, maybe for you, but not the players nor the company want this to be just flavor of the month. This is a feedback forum and its purpose is to, well, give them feedback.

Ohh i am in no way what so ever whant this as well.but i dont want it to be grind fast like ro was.
Having no map as some people want will not work in here.its not an open world sandbox.
I want the game to be in the midel really not oldel school grind but not modern over the top easy.sadly didnt find a game like this so far.
The problem for a game like this be it hard or esy way to the end game is the end game.there will need 2 be good pvp and pve there.if they fail this then the game will fail.adding it after release will be really bad.

in RO you can open the party menu and spam heal as long as you have sp to low hp members. the heal is high enough to recover almost half of your hp. pots in RO are spammable so long as you have stocks.

in ToS there is a cooldown on heal and only heal 10% of your hp + raw heal. pots have cooldown which are higher than the time it takes to recover.

having a certain amount of item being sold in fixed interval will just make bots dominate or horde it and sell it at a higher price (2-10x the price) so no that is not good for the game but if the npc can only sell like 10 per character then its a good suggestion but still not a good one for others since pots in ToS have cooldown and only recover a small portion (unless you have low hp then its ok)

thats a good thing but lets point the bad side of it, Power leveling can be used as a service in sites or even in black market forums. Power level to xx for only $9.99 cheap and fast!

they can just find someone of their level and chat with each other. be surprised that the class of your party is awesome when mixed together in grinding and in dungeon (had a party that was surprised that linker is so good in a party and we talked for 5-10 mins about linkers and its skills)

well we could just transform that power leveling into master apprentice system
you can take up to 2 apprentice and they will only get exp while you get points which can be exchange for pots (lower cooldown than the original but the same recovery) and other stuff.

if an apprentice left the master, the master won’t be able to recruit another apprentice for 1 week (to prevent from abusing it i guess?) and the apprentice can’t get a master for a week also and can only have 2 master at a time.

having only the master and his 2 apprentice in a party will yield 50% additional exp (to encourage using it)

[quote=“Kenshiki, post:30, topic:110900”]
in ToS…
[/quote]The pots thing wasn’t specifically meant to apply to ToS as the game exists today. I was merely visualizing an extension of the economic character classes we have here. I’d probably also make crafting into a minigame of some sort. Perhaps it could exist as a mobile app that you signed into.
'course, that’s basically what WoW Garrisons were, and we all know how that went.

I have to admit, I have never seen nor heard of a powerleveling service that involved real money and wasn’t a total scam.

i know of one site that offers that kind of service and a lot of people who offer those service in other games (in SEA) either for in-game currency or real money.

in asian countries, power leveling for real money or in-game currency is not that rare. well there are also cases where when someone hires someone for boosting, there are chances that the service provider will get some gold which aren’t much noticable so its kind of scamming without the person knowing it

League of legends boosting nuff said.

Also are you aware changing core desings when they are clearly pushing for release is not going to work? I get your nostalgia but suggest small changes that enhance the experience and not rework of the whole system that won’t happen.

1 Like

I think this game should be perfect if the ToS team took some providences.
What causes most of the MMORPG just one more, in a sea of ​​MMORPGs. It’s the fact that you don’t feel progress through the game. The items, dungeons, monsters, resources should be more iconic on ToS and not to adapt things to player’s lvl. For example, I do not remember the name of 90% of the items that I used or 90% of the monsters that I killed, all that stuff is just things in a dungeon in front of the next SAME dungeon, with different grhapics. There is a somewhat popular game called Tibia, which makes it very well. It is a game that has many many faults, but this game allows the player to feel in control, to choose what to hunt, where they will hunt and which items are best for their strategy on that place, and venture into the most powerful places to get a higher profit, but more waste and too much danger to hunt, just for chance do up faster and maybe drop something rare. I remember every creature from the game by name, I know how much life each has, I know the attacks and how to avoid them, even though I never sought this information on websites, just playing I learned thing about the tibia’s world. I remember which sets used in each cycle lvl and remember the first time I killed a dragon or a demon. Also I remember the first time I died. Dying is horrible, the players lose so much in the game, which takes so long to get that many people reported feeling the heart beating fast, facing a risk of death, PK, difficult quests… Now the Tibia became a terrible game, trying to fit the rest of the games. But I think the ToS team could get some of those things that can make all the difference in the game. I’m not saying that Tibia or ToS is a better game, just that this iconic elements make the game memorable.

I don’t speak inglish very well, but I wish I could explain myself.

1 Like

Pushing for release? I don’t know about you, but if anyone thinks this is going to be ready in the next two years they’re insane.

If people can make actual money off of powerleveling shouldn’t you have it in to give players a reason to keep playing?

1 Like

Korea’s version goes into OBT next month, according to that one banner from GSTAR. I just hope “Open Beta” isn’t synonymous with “Release” for this game.

1 Like

This is just another “It’s not RO!!1” whine. Maybe one day u guys will understand that this game is not “RO with graphics” and doesn’t have to be. And there are a lot of fresh things such as deep class system and interesting battle mechanics. And if u hate quests u can just grind all day.

1 Like

Hi, first i wanna congratulate your efforts to make this a better game and pointing out so many valid arguments. I am pretty sure many of us had high hopes for this and are a little let down at it’s current state. But we musn’t forget that this is just the closed beta. I just wish developers read and listen to their future players and find this game’s full potential. I sincerely think the title of the topic and the first paragraph are a tad aggresive and have no relation with the well put arguments you have further on, i mean this is some really positive criticizm to be taken as complaining from a 11 year old.

Yeah. It’s not RO1 alright. It’s like every other MMORPGs out there except RO1. =D

2 Likes

That would be a better way to do it. Better to give clues and let the players work it out rather than give too much information on how to do everything. It gives the players a sense of accomplishment if they finish even the easiest of quests. This would also make the game more challenging and exciting.