Tree of Savior Forum

There's a fatal flaw with early damage classes

It opens up the possibility of high performance low scaling class though.

For example Barbarian.

In exchange for having rather terrible scaling, their skills come with really high skill damage for the level you get them, so during that period you have much easier time leveling than others (and then people complained about it…remember all the “BARB OP NERF PLZ” threads in icbt2?)

So if what you want is to simply level fast/easily, picking/dropping these classes will be better than building based on lv cap.

See this makes me believe you have never played barbarian.

How many players in KR have Barb in their build compare to other classes?

Not that many basically only people building into fencer. The odd shinobi takes it as well. Cataphract is WAY more common lol. Your trying to base your argument on old out dated information.

Long story short every one though barb was OP then they hit lvl 200 and it dropped off like a mofo and people realized it wasn’t very good.

So exactly what I said?

1 Like

Yea so whats the issue if every class is like that? im not seeing a problem here.

I was just pointing out that by IMC intentionally opting to make classes fall off, they also open the option to make class like Barb.

You said you disagree with the approach earlier so I was simply pointing that out.

Class balance & scaling can always be changed later in game. Please keep this in mind that this is beta and there will be a whole lot of balancing changes in the future.

Just remember that full Thaum will give 1k matk to your mages. And then reconsider. It’s AT LEAST 20% more damage, if you once get to 5k matk.

So it will never fall off.

I agree that pyro 2 and 3 will fall off and need some buffs. But pyro 1 is pretty nice. It’ll definitely grant you more damage then cryo or wiz2, though wiz3 will bring more damage but takes another buff slot.

So it’s all about class compatibility. I see no problem with pyro1 but pyro2/3 can’t compete with alternatives and this is a problem.

Though game is in beta stage so it’s acceptable.

When new ranks will be released I hope they’ll rebalance old classes.

Right now we just have to calmly wait, the game is not even ready.

Yeah, attributes add 100% damage to total damage (skill+matk+modifiers).

The real problem is C2 C3 pyro power. C1 is nice but higher circles are uncompetitive with cryo/kino/linker.

But honestly pyro is far from being the weakest C2/C3 class. I hope IMC will buff all of them in future, when new ranks come out.

Maybe there will be class like Infernal Mage or so that will deal double damage on flaming enemies etc.

1 Like

Actually most players get highlander over barbarian in every single build, especially fencers.

Barb is pretty weak after all the nerfs.

Amen to Fire Linkers. That multi hitting scales really good with high INT and linking and hangknotting just makes it all so delicious.

Until you solo battle with a boss that has good fire resist. Oh my.