Tree of Savior Forum

There should not be monsters with ranged homing attacks!

Hello there, fellows.

I’ve been having a lot of fun with this game so far, but as a squishy mage, I must say… When my main form of defense is my positioning and building glass cannon is encouraged, it doesn’t feel like the game falls upon my skill when I deal with homing projectiles.

Maybe I’m just not understanding how to dodge them outside of RNG, but it just seems like a pointless gear check to me right now.

A challenging game allows everything to fall to the player’s skill, not to luck, so perhaps enemies with homing projectiles should be changed to be more in line with most other projectile enemies that simply shoot in a certain direction.

5 Likes

You also can’t outrun them confirmed.
I do feel you on this one, though.

Enjoy the 160+ map where the ranged mobs hit you for ■■■■■■■ 2k dmg,even with a swordman that has around 11k hp you will die like nothing… :confused:

It’s just absurd. I don’t know what I’m supposed to do about them except kill them before they kill me, but that becomes an issue when they’re spread out, but in aggro range.

Yeah. The homing feature seems retarded. Outrunning would have been a good idea. If only that were the case though.

I agree, ranged attacks shouldn’t be homing. Even if you are faster than the speed of the projectile, it hits you regardless :confused:. That should not be a thing.

Maybe IMC made projectiles homing because if they just fired in a straight line it would be too easy to dodge them. If that is the case then the projectiles should just disappear when you get outside the mob’s normal attack rage. The fact that there is no way to avoid them is kind of annoying.

if the xp reward for killing these range mobs is high i dont mind the homing feature but its not they gave little xp like any other monsters weaker than them…

a archer mob within 10 level range shouldn’t be doing around half my max hp. The mage lizardman on the next map is even worse with 2.2k

It’s also x2-3 times more hp than the other local mobs, what gives?

I’d maybe be ok with them homing if I could at least jump over them. That would add a level of quick reactions to fights and would be fun, I think.

Well, you had all the fun nuked the mobs and overpowered them, so why not they having the same fun as well.

In other note, the 100% sure to hit attacks shouldn’t be implemented on monsters, well unless you jump, move aside or run to not get hit, that’ll be more plausible but oh well, this goes to the list.

You know what we need? A proper dodge button :smiley:

You got my vote @Stormquake.

This game certainly needs more skill-based gameplay.

Yeah I’d take dodging over jumping honestly. Or just have jumping be a fun way to hop about, but dodge is the X key.

@zyzolol thanks, glad you agree~

I’m 100% with you, specially cause we need more skill-based mechanics. Less RNG damage from bosses and mobs. That homing missile is a pretty important issue for those who kite a lot.

Altough, even im not being IN FAVOUR of having the homing missiles, I may understand why IMC may have choosen to use this on the design. It can be a kind of threshold to keep low level players to just roam through the whole map to explore and quest or to check statues without having to clear the maps. Cause, lets say it, without the homing, pretty much any map can just turn in to a peaceful tour.
Sometimes I feel I’m already a piedpiper, since I have like 20 mobs following me as I explore a map for the teleport statue haha

And then you get ambushed by 3 mage enemies(auto aggro on you) that decide to cast magic missile(instant cast + homing + multi hit spell)…

I think its fine, they just need to do way less damage and melee mobs need to do way more.

Or tanker characters need a way to protect themselves from magic attacks somehow without going full SPR and wearing cloth set and maxing cloth mastery.

Or nahash forest where they hit you for 12-13k gg.