Tree of Savior Forum

There are people now abusing channel crashing to upgrade weapons

So… I just woke up. It the whole “channel crash” thing really back or is it safe to play? I don’t want to get my account suspended again but I was hoping to level my swordie to 330 today

http://pa1.narvii.com/5712/b85da2c6765533b91b9409938f1a2919886db976_hq.gif

Good morning, btw. Do you guys want some coffee?

1 Like

They will buy it, just for less. They sell all the time, there’s definitely a market for them.

I don’t like limiting suggestions based on how likely they are to be implemented or not, a good idea is a good idea and should always be encouraged.

A mix of more difficult, and easier areas would be better. Make map difficulty mean something rather than just losing more. I’d love for there to be “infamous” maps that are more difficult and require a party to complete, similar to what we had before but even that wasn’t on the mark. As for parties, they’ve lost their need so few shout for them anymore. It’s much easier to quest and dungeon than it is to grind now, which is another problem that should be addressed.

The thing is … Doing it that way would basically mean after reach a certain fail% … It would be useless to even try because the lost over 100 enhance would be FAAAAAR greater than the Win you would have for paying Million of silver.
Also what about the market ? Trading everything Etc…
And what about the player who invest in their weapon ? How you think people would feel if they decide to invest in it to get … A worst version of their weapon.
Enhance / transcendence is a way for end game player to keep upgrading their character even if they are already max lv, it give a reason to play at least to do daily on the game. Remove that and you just loose a good amount of late game player.
If you don’t find the game fun anymore because someone is cleaning everything in front of you in a random queue… Then just make a group yourself, find player to play with that aren’t OverGear.

On another note in the party system, people try to avoid it because of how the loot system is being implemented, it’s a pain in the ass tbh the way it is now.

Other day I was farming HG for some cubes, and out of 6, 4 came to me and 2 for my friend in the party, as I noticed she got most of the crap materials from the mob there than I got. The loot was in Round Robin btw.

They need to rework that, separate by drop type (cubes, consumables, materials, etc…) so it goes 1 type to each party member in sequence, but never 2x to the same person in sequence.

Another thing I just thought here was, certain maps could have sub-maps to it, either can be solo or a party is needed depending on what it is.

An example, Tenants Farm could had a portal in one of the houses, when you enter you have to kill the monsters before the time run out (similar to Diablo 3 cursed chests/altars), if you finish before the time run out you can earn 1 of something (enchant scroll, EXP, silver, etc…).

Could be also used by some Elites taking us to some Elite monster wave (15 for solo 30 for party), there you get EXP by killing but can earn something else after the wave.

@momory32 that was the basic idea, but yeah, would be a problem after many attempts, would need a polish to make it worth, maybe instead of decrease the damage keep increasing the silver costs, need a bit more thinking to make it work.

I’ve personally never agreed with a lucked based system nor the potential system because it creates unfair advantages. More so now than before. Personally, I enjoy tiered systems. Personally I think that Solmiki/Lolopanther gear should have been BOA and free to those who clear it without having the burden of rerolls, but a more prominent and rewarding RNG system in place.

Since, as it stands, I don’t feel accomplished to have achieved any of the gear but merely glad the grind is over.

4 Likes

I saw that on shout chat too, it was some guy speaking Korean and then he linked it.

Also, IMC is not alone on games that have been exploited pretty hard. Even AAA titles get this treatment. It’s on them to respond to the exploits, which they genuinely have been trying to do, not to have a completely unexploitable game (which will never happen).

[Fedi server]
Fedimian channel 2 was crashed somewhen before 11 a.m. server time.
As the last ca. 2 days were the only ones without channel-crashes during the last ca. 2 months (i.e. you maybe finally fixed the Fedi server) and that Fedimian channel 1 wasnt crashed (it seems), this crash was most likely caused by players.

1 Like

Aside from the exploits coming into light, IMC don’t delegate powers to GM, at least not as they should have, also, I’m not sure how they are going on these cases, I heard that this guy seem to had expend $1200 in TP, so going by that, I’m afraid it turn out as “I paid thousands of dollars so I will do whatever I want” and the company simple turn a blind eye to the offender while fixing the issue.

1 Like

Saldy I agree wholeheartedly with this, grinding is tedious, not challenging. Completing a craft(s) is more of a relief than a reward. This really needs to be addressed imo

1 Like

Well, I’m not a greed person, not with the wrong stuff tho lol.

I have a ■■■■ load of good ideas to bring money into this game without causing issues, appeal to almost all of the market needs (no p2w stuff tho).

Remove the restrictions, since they are useless against bots/RMTers since the beginning.

Also, a better balance for stats as well as Gems (Blue, Red, Green and Yellow) possible creating more types of gems to apply other required stats.

Rework on some gear.

Well, the list is long and I won’t go further or we will, or better yet, we already derailed the thread.

So lets go back to the topic.

3 Likes

I think that their slow hand on this matter and the overall state of the game is the reason why financial issues occur.

1 Like

I have reason to believe this one is legitimate. He doesn’t speak English well and I don’t speak Korean, but he explained to me (roughly, I tried speaking in as simplest terms as possible and his English was good enough) that this took approximately 18-19 diamond anvils. I remember seeing it a few weeks ago and it was already quite high.

I guess no one has any reason to believe him, but given how often I’ve seen him I have no real reason not to give him the benefit of the doubt.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s hard for normal users to pin point who is right and wrong, that is the GM/Staff responsibility.

But as I stated on other post in this thread, I don’t agree allowing the enhancement pass 15. Specially now with the new changes, the weapons already got pretty strong even without +'s.

1 Like

메롱 >_< :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I don’t disagree actually, though that’s not really what this thread in particular is about.

3 Likes

It’s precisely why I refrained from saying the persons names. I have some screenshots on the matter but I will let them investigate. If the company is worth their salt, they’ll see it and do something accordingly.

1 Like

I don’t wanna be that kind of guy, but I just want to point out that if you fail an upgrade with Diamond Anvil, you still lose the item potential, the only benefit it is that you won’t lose the Upgrade Level, so even using Diamond Anvils won’t matter that much if you keep failing.

Also, if you take into account the potential left, the awakening and the two gem sockets opened (you can barely see the sockets windows on the right) it basically means he did a +30 weapon using only 8 potential: it means that on 25 upgrades (5 are safe if I’m not mistaken) he failed 8 times and succeded 25 times… that’s pretty insane. :confused:

Bug of Savior, one new bug each day.

1 Like

Succeeding 25 times and failing 8 times while rare isn’t that unheard of, though. There are people who got +25 clovers legitimately and the amount of succeeds and fails to get that with normal anvils is more than that.

It’s possible, there have been highly enhanced items even before diamond anvils. I’m somewhat skeptical of there being an exploit given it was fixed before, but with the changes have happened it could have opened again. The only “exploit” I saw was the Mystical Cube timer reset again. But since @pc.wf has screenshots it does seem possible (but I can’t personally verify them).