Tree of Savior Forum

There are people now abusing channel crashing to upgrade weapons

Apparently on Orsha there are people who are crashing channels or letting the channels crash around them in specific areas to get anvil reforges on weapons. IMC, have you investigated this yet?

@STAFF_Yuri @STAFF_Ines @STAFF_Letitia @STAFF_Amy @STAFF_Ethan Have you guys began looking into this?

1 Like

Thank you @pc.wf I send the message to the team to check this out.

3 Likes

Thank you for the prompt reply.

I appreciate it. We’ve a few people that reported it. I wanted to bring it to the attention of the community. Have a good day, Yuri.

2 Likes

Ooooooo bans incoming.

“But I wasn’t the one doing the crashing”

No. But you knew someone was going to crash the channel and did an anvil upgrade with the intent of abusing the channel crashing.

No arguments.

1 Like

Got many things to do, discuss about the Companions, taking Interview with (secret), And make a contract with Necromancers to revive Guineapigs… and server checks … whew!

23 Likes

@Staff_Yuri Contract with necromancers sound fairly scary. But good on you guys for reviving the Guineapigs. : ) That is pleasantly refreshing.

I know that now, especially due to the state of things, you’re busy.

Thanks for taking on a bit more.

Oh, Yuri, while I’ve got your attention. Do you know if we’ll be receiving the King of the Tower event Korea recently had for Earth Tower as well as the exchange event?

1 Like

I think I have to ask that with our Event Managers about that.
You already saw their names with our recent Fan Art Festival :wink:

1 Like

I wasn’t sure if I could tag them into this!

But if you do get an answer, don’t forget about me. :wink:

1 Like

Sure, I’m preparing a little Interview with them too. I could ask them during that process.

1 Like

Awesome to know! I look forward to when you get it published. I wonder if this has something to do with the new Klaipeda… :sunny:

1 Like

Wasn’t this supposed to be fixed last year?

1 Like

i’m mostly unaware of stuff going around ‘w’;;; i actually have no idea what’s this dpk issue banning thing. heck, i don;t even know what dpk stands for ‘w’;;;;;;

It was supposed to be but we found a few people doing it on Orsha and saw their weapons go down to 0 before going back up 1 potential after the crash.

2 Likes

Yes, wasn’t channel crashing fixed last year? Even using hook64 to crash when the feature was available up to January would crash the channel, but the potential would be spent.

2 Likes

People abused it with PMP and as well there’s a new way to crash channels using certain skills to my understanding. I’m unsure of how or what the procedures are but we were in a channel with a certain individual and had his character viewed as he upgraded while channel crashing. We’re not quite sure how he did it but it kept crashing.

So while it was fixed, we know that issues like /pmp existed and that other methods of channel crashing may also exist and do exist hence the reason I brought it up. We reported the individuals. Quite a few people have who saw him do it. There was more than one though.

2 Likes

This game has an infinite number of exploits.

2 Likes

@benjaminlyr1994 @SMoRuCho I know where you 2 are sticking to and I know I should just use a recently burned stick instead of a post, but whatever…

Yes, the problem with people crashing channels to take advantage of something was fixed…

but like any cockroach finds new way to survive, scumbags find new ways too…

so yes, different methods can lead to the same result…

@benjaminlyr1994 is referring specifically to how the servers rolling back were fixed, meaning even if the channel was crashed the enhancement would still fail.

1 Like

Then it’s not true right now. We saw this persons weapon hit 0 and it returned to 1 after the fact.

2 Likes

Right, it could have changed. All I’m saying is that it was fixed before and that’s what @benjaminlyr1994 was referring to.

That’s pretty concerning though given how many crashes there were.

1 Like