Tree of Savior Forum

[Theorycraft] Wizzard builds after rebalance

Kino3 is needed for uninterrupted PP unfortunately so you would need to drop RC is this build, also RC likes quickcast

With cryo, you could just freeze the mobs with the huge ass range ice pike.

Hello everyone! I have two questions that I know you can help. And, in advance, thank you.

1 - Would anyone know if, with these changes, the IMC intends to give rank resets or, some event so that we can, if appropriate, start a new character?
2 - I want a build containing Wiz 2 - Pyro 2 - Kino 2 - Elem 3, in view of this, attributes to be assigned points? INT and a little CON? SPR, INT and a little bit of CON or, SPR and a bit of CON?

Some of my analysis and worry about KTest Wizard Rebalance, the main highlight is that a lot of buff % is introduced, and now these buff % is multiplicative.
As well as 100% mdef reduction = 100% Damage Efficiency is introduced with Link2+RC combo.

As from the table calculation, this 100% mdef reduction is roughly equals 200% final damage buff on world boss level (normal content would 30%+ depend monster mdef), which also ultimately reduced the requirement to hit 777,777 damage, at 8k of Matk, you will likely only need 9000% damage factor per hit to hit cap damage on World Boss (at 8k matk).

1 of the best example build is Wiz2-Link3-RC-FF1-Shadow2
Link3-RC provide 30% matk buff with 100% mdef reduction OR 200% damage buff, and ff1 provide curse for 50% dark damage, which ShadowThorn single hit already 3000% SFR not included attribute yet, 3000x1.3x3x1.5=17550% this combo easily hit damage cap of 777,777 damage without much Matk investment. Not to mention the bugged Shadow Conjuration attribute.

Warlock C3 / FF3 also packed itself with lot of damage amplifier that can be standalone 777,777 hitter without really need the support of link3/rc/thaum3, while Elem C3 as well with meteor and flameground scroll. Elem3-Warlock3 is enough put other AoE classes Pyro3/Cryo3/Kino3 into shame, but itself remain as #1 meta build. As much peoples discussing about pyro/cryo/kino, i would just like to warn about the potential disappointment in higher end content.

And Wiz2-Link3-Thaum3-RC can be very OP with all Matk players in the party.

Sorcerer/Necro will be more obsoleted when CM stage 4+ and higher content, due to the content scale up with more def/mdef, and Summoner’s attack rely on weapon/SPR only pretty limited its log-ratio-damage-efficiency%. While Thaum buff is only adding 10% but not raw attack value doesn’t help.
(For this, i think Sorcerer need to aim INT/SPR gears instead of highest SPR only, since 1INT=5Atk/Matk which might help a little)

At this point i really hope IMC know what they are doing, these changes will causes more imbalance issue.

And as to said, the rest of builds are only good for general contents up to hg340 farming with good gears, and meta is still exist for coming new ET / CM Stage 4+ / TBL / GvG.

5 Likes

could you pls work out some possible builds on your current patch and pls put a note this is only temporary and can change if nerfs will be applied…

and what possible stats to consider… thanks

Something that others may find easier to digest (and apply to their own characters) would be a chart based on the atk/def ratio.

So if your attack is, say, 5k and you’re up against the WB (5461 mdef), your Atk/Def ratio is 91.5%. You can expect to be doing just a little less than 30% of your damage for every 100%. Under this example, that’s about 1500. If it’s 8k as provided by the poster above me, then it’s a ratio of 1.46. Close to 1.5, that’s about 38.75% of your damage value per 100%, or 3100. If someone’s build is such that they have 3k atk (maybe it’s a full SPR build but the gear isn’t that good), then the ratio is 0.55 and they’ll be doing about 20% of their damage for every 100%, or just a measly 600. (Yikes!)

PoA 15 will do 496.6% per hit post-rebalance. That’s 20 hits over the entire duration of 6.6 seconds. 5k matk would do 7449/hit (about 150k total). 8k matk would do 15.4k/hit instead (308k total). 3k matk, a terrible 3k/hit (60k total). DPS provided is 22.7k (5k matk), 46.7k (8k matk), and 9.1k (3k matk).

For Pyro, Fire Pillar will do 157.4% at LV5, and 200.4% at LV10. Does 18 hits over entire duration of 12 seconds. 5k matk would do 2.4k / 3k per hit (42.5k / 54.1k total). 8k matk, 4.9k / 6.2k per hit (88.2k / 111.8k total). For 3k matk, it’ll just do 950 or 1.2k per hit (17.1k / 21.6k total). The DPS provided by Level 5 Fire Pillar will be 3.5k, 7.4k, and 1.4k for 5k, 8k, and 3k matk respectively. That looks very disappointing in comparison.

Sorcerer/Necro will be more obsoleted when CM stage 4+ and higher content, due to the content scale up with more def/mdef, and Summoner’s attack rely on weapon/SPR only pretty limited its log-ratio-damage-efficiency%. While Thaum buff is only adding 10% but not raw attack value doesn’t help.
(For this, i think Sorcerer need to aim INT/SPR gears instead of highest SPR only, since 1INT=5Atk/Matk which might help a little)

The DPS from a pure SPR Sorc/Necro will depend on how much atk / matk their minions will have, doesn’t it? It’s a bit problematic given that the summon base atk/matk formula still isn’t clear. You’ve done tests on it before (I think it’s this post here). If it’s still applicable, then each point of SPR adds a 0.31% multiplier on the base damage, which is applied prior to the summons’ SFR. Meanwhile, the summoner’s INT, the Card Level, and the level of Summoning affect the base damage. I don’t know where attributes for Shoggoth and the Skel summons kick in.

Given a full SPR build with around 700 total SPR (+217% damage), if the summon has something like 8k base attack, then against 5461 def, it’ll do 38.2% damage or 3056 per hit before the SPR multiplier, and 9.7k after it. With Marnox (basic attack: 296% SFR, 2 hits), the sorc will end up doing 57.4k damage per 1.66 seconds (35k dps). Templeshooter, being at 308%, will do 59.8k damage per 2.25s (26.6k dps). If the base attack is much less, like 5k, then the base damage is gonna be around 1.4k before SPR and 4.5k after SPR. In that case, the summons would perform worse: 26.6k per 1.66 seconds for Marnox (16k dps), and 27.7k per 2.25 seconds for Templeshooter (12.3k dps). I’ve seen full SPR builds on Youtube with 1000 total SPR (+300% damage), but I’m not sure how achievable those are for the vast majority.

A hybrid build with about +150% summon damage from SPR will perform worse, obviously. High base attack of 8k will do 7.64k after SPR bonus. The lower base attack of 5k does 3.55k after SPR. With the lower base atk, Marnox’s basic attack will deal a total of 21k damage (12.66k dps) while Templeshooter will do 21.9k (9.7k dps). With the higher base atk, Marnox’s basic will deal 45.3k (27.3k dps) and Templeshooter’s basic will deal 47k (20.9k dps).

In both cases I did not account for the riding attribute, the skills from the Boss summon, the potential DPS from other minions, or the summoner’s own skills. As I main a summoner, I’m really concerned about IMC introducing more endgame content with higher and higher DEF/MDEF stats in the future, especially when the fact the base atk/matk of my summons is dependent on my INT and my weapon matk makes it very difficult to keep up. I’m not sure how I would be able to even get something like 8k base atk/matk on my Boss summon without transcendence, an expensive, high-leveled 16 orange Lv350 weapon, and other god-level stuff that’s way out of my reach. That’s assuming a base atk/matk that high is even possible with the current equipment available in the iTOS database.

3 Likes

Indeed, you are catching right what i’m trying to describe.

Using the damage calculation and monster data to theorycrafting will provide more in-depth views of how viable of some builds in different level of content.
What we are mostly seeing now are videos with DG300 solo, those are not a good examples compare to real experience. And if you ever saw my video of sorc2-warlock3 to destroy them with 6k matk easily, or shadow just 1 hit conjuration to kill them, those are easy targets.

For Sorcerer, as part of this, Magic Attack type summon becoming more important as with Link2/3-RC to destroy target mdef for higher summon’s damage, or using sleep for property-less x2 magic damage. among this category only Frostlord is viable at the moment. Or RoD the boss and using marnox skill is still good.
But not forget that RC rune of destruction and Link’s Mental Shock -50% mdef buff is AoE limited/Single Target, so probably not that good in dense content like coming CM stage 6-7, even stage 4-5 now is quite struggling.

That’s why i also mentioned that this game have a steep wall of grinding boring saalus to be relevant and many newcomers will stopped there, and this is a bottleneck for newbies’ progression. They need to rework on this progression asap.

My advise is that, you still can choose pyro/kino/cryo as part of semi-support(frozen/slow/immobilize/etc) or cards-status-infliction support, but at the end you still need to choose those powerhouse (warlock/link-ff/shadow2/elem3/sage2) at the ending rank if you want to stay relevant as dpser.

1 Like

I updated the compiled builds with the best ones I found till now, check on the first post, if I miss some good build let me know

1 Like

imo, I don’t list farmer as easily at least link2-thaum2-xx are viable now.
Stats not important, remember full INT is about 1000 extra matk at lv360 with 400stats, when you have T6 weapon it doesn’t that importnat.
But full SPR is always preferable for summoner since it add lot of attacks with every point of SPR compare with INT, but for gears wise always aim dual stats of SPR and INT. (of course more CON is bonus)

Here is my list:

Tier S (WB / CM Stage >5 / TBL)
DPS:

1. Wizard3-Elementalist3-Warlock3 (Pure AoE DPS, and can be good CC with Mineloader/Frostlord) cards.

Support:

1. Wizard2-Link3-Thaum3-RC (Matk Party Support, swell brina/lefrarm +2500 Matk and amplify it with 30% Spiritual chain?, then mental shock with boss and use runeofdestruction for 0 mdef?, and rune of protection with spiritual link for party pain barrier, just say yes to this new support)

Hybrid:

1. Wizard2-Link3-RC-FF1/WL1-Shadow2 (Matk Support and semi DPS)
  2. Wizard2-Link3-RC-FF3 (Matk Support and DPS)
  3. Wizard3-Elementalist3-Chrono3 (non-stop nuker)
  4. Wizard2-Link3-RC-Warlock3 (Matk Support and DPS, and Mastema-RoJ combo)

*Wizard2-Link3-RC is replacing Wizard2-Link2-Thaum3 as golden foundation, but the latter is still the best for farming build.
*Cryo2/Pyro2 not that important because cards function can do CC as well as with elem’s wide range of multihit skills.

Tier A: (Unique Raid/CM)
DPS:

1. Anything with Warlock3 (Linker3Warlock3,Thauma3Warlock3, Sorc2Warlock3 etc)
  2. Anything with Elem3 (Chrono3-Elem3,Cryo3Elem3,Pyro3Elem3,Sorc3Elem3)
  3. Anything with link2-FF3
  4. Anything with link2-Shadowmancer2

Support:

1. Wizard1-Pyro1-Psycho3-Chrono3-Sage1/RC/Pyro2 (use frostlord+mineloader card x3, use PP fireballs to trigger cards cc)
  2. Wizard1-xx-Chrono3-Enchanter2
    (they are still relevant but harder life, no cryo3 grouping so dropped from S rank, can be cryo3, pyro2/3 but use frosterlord cards to apply freezing to allow physical class bonus damage.

Hybrid (semi dps + semi support/cc):

1. Wiz1-Cryo3-Psycho3-Enchanter2 (why hybrid? they are good for cc, but damage wise not optimistic at high level by theorycrafting even with frozen+lightning combo)
  2. Wiz1-Pyro3-Psycho3-Sage2 (the sister build of above)

Summoner:

1. Wizard1-Pyro3-Sorc3-Thaum2 (Pyrego/Cerberus)
  2. Wizard1-Cryo3-Sorc3-RC-Thaum1 (Nuodai/Frostlord?)
  3. Wizard2/3-Link2/Thaum1-Sorc2-Necro3 (Templeshooter)
  4. Wizard3-Thaum2/3-Sorcerer3/2 (Marnox rider)
  5. Wizard2-Link3-Thaum1-RC-Sorcerer2 (Frostlord matk debuffer or Marnox D skill)
  6. Wizard1-Pyro2-Thaum1/2-Sorc2/1-Necro3

*Summon not at S rank due to def/mdef scaling content and lack of atk progression as 8-Ball mentioned. Necro is better for Thaum2 defend buff, but Sorc is good for Thaum1 attack buff only.

Tier B: Lot of possibles

*I didn’t play Sage C2 enough, but I think they are not good DPS compare to FF/Warlock/Shadow/Elem due to low OH and high CD, neither good support compare to Link3/RC/Thaum3/Chrono3. Nevertheless, they can use with Wiz3-Link3-RC-Sage2 or Wiz2-Link2-Thaum3-Sage2 for farming. Sleep is good for property-less buff but low threshold, and hardly applicable in non-solo content and not applicable on boss.

*Linker3 with high SPR also very strong with Mental Shock in single target, or adding JP to become AoE skill.

3 Likes

Does Spirit Shock debuff can be spread by Pandemic?

thank you… with your results… maybe ill consider my sorce for the bottle neck options…
and for my dps couz im putting int on this… Wiz3kino3sag2RC1 I’ll use this as my main and get primus gear for it… As much as i love and main sorce at the moment… True playing this game pass the 300 dun videos is harder… and needs a high enough dps… thanks for the info and showing us what is really going on… I’ll maintain my sorce but their roles will change, and was just waiting for this revamp of skills for my dimension witch to really shine now… if you ask why I did not pick linker… I’m a role player… all my characters have been base on a certain character outside the game… I’m just looking for build wise is ok with my themes.

Stats not important, remember full INT is about 1000 extra matk at lv360 with 400stats, when you have T6 weapon it doesn’t that importnat.
But full SPR is always preferable for summoner since it add lot of attacks with every point of SPR compare with INT, but for gears wise always aim dual stats of SPR and INT. (of course more CON is bonus)

Isn’t that extra 1000 matk also important? That’s an extra 0.18 in the atk/def ratio of World Bosses, 0.26 in Unique Raid, and 0.38 in HG340. Maybe it’s not so important for pure summoners who can rely on their minions (Sorc-Necro), but what about Sorc/FF, Sorc/Elem, and other caster-summoner hybrids?

1 Like

Sorry for the lack of explanation @.@

Yes, it is important for beginner who at the early stage of gears progression.
Probably can say that for PvE non-summoner, it is ideally to go full INT, and the random gears can easily buy int/con from market now.

But for classes like GvG/TBL or heavy SP consumption class like Shadowmancer/Sage, it is more important to invest some SPR/CON.

And, when you reaching +16 T10 Orange 2H-Staff, you already have 7-8k matk, and +1k matk is still noticeable improve but not that important if you have other things to consider like survive/sp consumption.
And, also as analyzed with lot of buff % multiplicative support, you can easily hit 777,777 damage with some ending rank powerhouse, and lower down from 9k to 8k you could still at the damage cap. Hence optimizing some INT for CON is good to consider at this point. Also, the atk/def ratio getting slower when passing 7k of atk/matk, so buff % becoming more of focus.

3 Likes

I hate stat optimization. It’s such a headache, and I don’t want to spend real money on a stat reset potion. :sad:

:rofl: Sorry for complicating things, let’s back to simple for casual players.

I think it is simple to say that just go full INT for caster build, especially cryo3/pyro3/kino3 really important for them to without high SFR skills like powerhouses.

Except for Shadowmancer/Sage build to invest 100-150 point into SPR and full SPR for summoner build.

GvG/Guild Content/TBL is not concern until we see more coming revamps.

2 Likes

Urgh, I don’t want to let go of my hybrid stat allocation. :tired: I’m fine doing 20% to 25% less dps with my summons relative to a full SPR build. But man, the SFRs for Pyro just can’t compare to WL or FF after the rebalance, even with attributes. Just makes it pointless to go hybrid if my SFRs can’t reach that high. Will going Elem3 make a difference at all?

1 Like

how much is a +16 primus 350 staff with 2 to 3 stats with 5 or 6 potential left?? any stat… ghad i cant get pass +14… i ask any stat couz i can just re identify it until i get a stat i want…

So many good explanations about it. They took away most of my doubts. And I thank everyone who contributed. However, the question remains: how will the builds already made? Can we rebuild the characters or do we have to start over?

@game8bravo

Not sure your server, but it can definitely around 60-100m.

@cartamagna
Like in ktest server doing, everybody with Wizard have 2 weeks for daily reroll per team.

The formula chart as well as explain why Archer/Swordsman need heavy investment to be viable.

1 Like

telsiai… hmmm i need to budget ill make do with bertas on my alta for now to get money… XD thanks