Tree of Savior Forum

[Theorycraft] Pyro

Like explain before
Wiz3 won’t work well with pyro + agni because the +50% of QC is additive over agni buff

Soo if fireball is boosted to 360% (I think)
It will become 360 + 50 = 410%… That not much for 2 rank also magic missil whitout linker don’t really worth much to dps and finaly surespell + hellbreath is probably the most interesting about it.

And trust me… right now Pyro is far for behing the best dps even with QC soo either the other were really bad dps by themself or maybe he had some cheated item or hack or whatever because yeah that a possiblity right now… Like a +25 sup corona rod with transcend 2-3 ? I don’t know just saying because i can’t see a pure pyro out dps a eleme at rank 7 right now or … Fletcher if there was one.

We have to stop taking korean videos as proof of anything, they must have godlikes equipment and attributes D=

That would work I think. Linker3 works well in this build since as a Necro you’ll rely on the links a lot, so those additional hit counts will come in handy. The downside is since you don’t have a lot of AoEs you’ll struggle in places where link doesn’t work, like what @momory32 said.

theres a work around for that, in my case just drop a fireball and cast link on her, then link will proc normaly

Why be a wiz3pyro3warlock2 when you can be a wizpyro3linker3sage?
or wizpyro3chrono3sage.
Both will do more dps than a wiz3pyro3warlock can even dream of.

1 Like

soo …
I might start with the most visible but…

Ok enchant fire doing what … 40 bonus damage (if maxed and trust me it not worth it when you can get 3 time this bonus just from squire lv 15 weapon buff)
The attribut … Maybe still low anyway worth 1 point in it for a few sec of a few bonus damage. Here take this magic potion, it does the same.

Flameground Tick 1/3 the speed of what FC does. Also less base damage from it soo the difference is pretty much visible.

Firepillar got big cd (Still an amazing spell + great cc)

Fireball hum yeah not bad as long you can put it directly on whatever you whant to dps and that not get screw by the multiple way to do it.

Firewall. gona in a few tick because XL monster use 4 tick / hit
(4AoE Defense)

Wait that would be a shame if … A Eleme would cast … Rain o-o
Fireball Flameground Firewall All gone… (That one way pyro dps can be destroye and don’t forgot some boss can just make your magic circle go poof)

Hellbreath (As long you aren’t affected by any kind of cc or die from staying close of whatever you dpsing with it, this melee immunity buff is nice for that)

Anyway… That gona change once agni is there and
Wiz3 won’t be usefull for this build
anyway because like said previously.
It will be a low damage increase
compare to something more usefull for this build.
Pyro dps is lacking and agni might be a good solution, might be even a bit too strong, but let see how it goes.

1 Like

I have a Pyro3-kino-alch
PP + 2 fireballs hits Siauliai mission bosses for roughly 15k per tick, fireball attribute 45% with around 500 Matk (and 0 M.amp). Probably higher on Mole as it is ice element.
40 in CON, rest INT, currently level 182.

It’s already been mentioned but it seems like people have more or less skimmed over it, so I’ll mention it again.

In regards to Agni necklace modifier and Quick Cast, I think it’s important to remember that future ranks may or may not have fire element skills.

Thus, if you’re not planning on taking offensive ranks other than pyro, then you may not have as great of a need for quickcast as other wizards would.

However, if you go warlock after pyro, your warlock skills would be losing out without quick cast, although dark theurge would still be quite strong.

If they do introduce ranks at rank 9 and 10 that have fire skills, there’s no guarantee the modifier given by Agni necklace (a separate modifier is given for each fire skill currently) will be significant for these skills either. In that case, Quick Cast would still be helpful, even more so if these skills happen to be a charging skill (and surespell if it still takes a while to charge, or is a channeling skill).

So the decision to go wiz3 or not ultimately is going to depend on what you want to achieve with your build. The way I see it, when you compare wiz3 with linker, wiz3 would be a bit faster for soloing lone bosses, whilst linker would excel at mobbing and taking down two bosses at the same time (because bosses do like to move).

Of course, since nobody knows what r9 and r10 will bring, there’s no definite answer. There’s also always the chance they either nerf or buff Agni necklace again, or just change values for each skill in wild directions. As demonstrated yet again, IMC can make classes/combinations way more viable overnight.

Nonetheless, here’s a video of an iToS wiz3pyro3warlock. No idea on gear or attribute % but I can imagine they’re above average at the very least.

(Also, is there any actual evidence yet that is accessible to say that the Agni necklace modifier is the same tier as Quick Cast or vice versa? I backtracked some threads but still can’t find any tests with quick cast.)

Agree with what you said, except for this,

With the current state of linker, a linker c2 or 3 will be able to solo bosses as well, if not better than a wiz3 because fireballs can be linked and knocked to the boss for a huge burst of damage.

Is that not the same as a boss being on top of a fireball or fireballs? I was under the impression that hangman was just handy to stop fireballs being knocked away by melee party members but didn’t change how the fireballs would tick.

No it is not the same, but it could be changed(nerfed) in the future. For linking fireballs, as of now the linked damage will be multiplied by the number of targets you have in the link. In this case, it is due to fireballs acting as multiple targets and they’ll proc each other until either the hit count of joint penalty or fireball is reached.

Right now I’m considering Wiz3-Pyro2-Linker1-Warlock2 or Wiz3-Pyro3-Linker2.

Sage’s duplicate is useless right now (duplicated fireballs are lvl 1), so you’re literally only going to get Missile Hole from going Sage.

Ah, so fireballs are contributing to JP damage multiplication. I see. I’m still quite surprised they haven’t re-nerfed that considering we went the longest time with a super nerfed JP that I’m not sure ever really hit kToS in it’s entirety (but it’s not like I can read korean to find out if the korean players complained damage wasn’t getting multiplied like before).

As it stands then, I can see linker being stronger just because of fireball, but I’m not very optimistic they’ll keep JP this way for too long. Still a godsend in mobbing though, even nerfed.

1 Like

The nerf is already there, it’s the hit count limit. Let’s take level 5 JP for example. 50 hit counts. A simple 2x Fireball + JP against 1 boss consumes 6 hit counts per ticks. Your link will break before your Fireball can even unload 10 ticks. In non-solo scenarios (especially in world bosses) your link won’t even last 2 seconds.

This is why I keep stressing how important it is to get at least Linker2 for a PyroLinker build. JP is a great damage booster for pretty much all your Pyro skills, not only Fireball, and you’ll need those hit counts if you want the link to last more than a couple seconds.

I haven’t forgotten about the hit count limit entirely, but I did forget that it makes sense dmg multiplication would contribute to hit limit, so thanks for reminding me. Kind of odd how hit count becomes more of an issue if dmg multiplication is re-enabled, but I guess it explains why I see lv5 JP disappear after 5 seconds in missions instead of maybe the 9 seconds it would’ve been beforehand.

What do you think about - Wiz 1 - Pyro 3 - Linker 2 - Warlock 1/ Linker 3 - Sage 1??

Thats the build im working on. Im just undecided about rank 7. I will either do linker 3 or kino for utility.

Im just not sure how much linker 3 will actually help vs linker 2 in the new content… with kino i can swap bosses into the fire pillar if they move or 5 stray mobs into the fire pillar, swap fireballs, fireball combo. Hard to decide. If the stun attribute on PP was in circle 1 i would def pick kino, but its not.

this is the build i plan to make in the future. for me i prefer to choose warlock over linker 3. reason is because if i take linker 3, yes u get extra hit+link with JP but when i think on how many mob u can gather in a single scoop i dont think it’ll be a lot, so that many link wont be worth it. while going warlock will give me extra dps.

u can take kino too for a filler, but as some people saying PP+fireball combo doesnt hit flying mobs, so imo it’s better to skip kino. but then again it’s up 2 u since it’s your build and you are the one who play it

1 Like

For full out Pyro I would do the Kino thing.

Wiz 1 -> Pyro 3 -> Linker 2 -> Kino -> Sage.

Warlock damage is bad and Invocation is only good for grinding low level mobs / powerleveling service. Kino actually boots Fire Pillar and triggers Fireballs which is far more worthy if you want to play a Pyromancer.

1 Like

Sad no one mentions CryoPyro. :<