Tree of Savior Forum

[Theorycraft] šŸ”Ø HELP! Need feedback on my physical, mostly-PVE Cleric build

[details=Click this for some backstory]Apparently, the only reason thatā€™s able to force me in re-installing this game is that I have a close friend who recently picked up this game again and is ā€œenjoyingā€ it (he just reached R7 days ago after more than a month of leveling without a token).

I did warn him about what the future awaits (Transcendence, RNG Pract, 315 mats farming, etc.) but maybe because heā€™s going PD2 heā€™ll be fine :smiley: and he seems to not have anything else interesting to play at the moment, and that goes for me as well.

So, Iā€™ve decided Iā€™ll roll a Cleric as well since Iā€™ve never really had one before that went pass lv.100 (had a Diev but deleted him for Archer #2 slot). This time, I wonā€™t stress out about completing Saalus, 290 and ET runs on all my toons nor farm silver and sh~t since Iā€™ve long realized how much that killed the fun and made logging in a chore. Dailies shouldnā€™t be the main reason why you log in to play but this game unfortunately ā€œforcesā€ you to do so in order to be competitive as well as progress all throughout.

I will try to enjoy whatever is left enjoyable in this game - at least having someone to regularly play with again will do that.[/details]

I will be playing this mostly (or maybe JUST) for PVE. I understand DoT builds are really strong in this game but I thought Iā€™d take a different approach.

This will be a mostly-DEX build (with some STR and CON of course) centered around synergies between the classes Iā€™ve picked (Diev + Druid) and skill interactions (Double Punch debuff + Strike skills).

[details=Click this for explanation of rank picks]###Cleric C2
The default C2 build. Monstrance from Priest1 is nice for DEX builds but the fixed 20s duration and thinking how Iā€™ll have to recast it often just doesnā€™t seem fit for my playstyle.

###Diev C1
The core reason for picking this is the following class attribute which I suppose would synergize well with Druidā€™s Chortasmata:

Zemyna and Laima statues would help in managing SP consumption as well as makes for a faster skill rotation.

###Priest C1
Monstrance for DEX boost. Resu for support. Aspe and Blessing are bonus.

###Monk C1
Picked primarily for Double Punch debuff plus 2 other strike skills. Hand Knifeā€™s Armor Break seems good on paper. I heard you can use these skills with Wheel to spread debuff faster. Iron Skin is a bonus.

###Druid C2
As mentioned earlier, Chortasmata is the core reason for this pick to go along with Dievā€™s class attribute for 20% more damage against plant types.

C2 is for Sterea Trofh, 100% Chortasmata uptime, and Transform (Animal-type and Large/small-type specialties).

###Inqui C1
God Smash and Pear for strike damage. Breaking Wheel for situational use. Malleus for extra burst and 10s INT+SPR debuff + silence.[/details]

I still havenā€™t decided on gear yet since Iā€™ll probably just use hand-me-downs from my other toons (Virtov set, 315 purple shield, pAtk headgears, Max peta, Glass Bracelets).

So, will this work? Which part should I reconsider? What changes would you suggest?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: It seems this build has already been tried-and-tested to be working well. See details here:

I suggest ditch paladin1, take priest1. Priest1 monstrance level1 will give you a quick dex boost buff. +30% dex, and then +10 flat dex additionally.

30% is a lot for you & party members.

Buff is short duration and short cooldown so you will have to spam it a lot. Get free ressurect with priest1 too.

Is no longer theorycraft, @b4nj0 has this build on his character.

I remember this guide for your build:

1 Like

Ah, thanks grey! That clears a lot of doubts for me.

@b4nj0 do you have videos on this build in action? I kinda want to see how the gameplay / skill rotation happens.

You may want to switch double punch and iron skinā€™s level.

The spell is pretty clunky, you reflect only melee physical attacks and you canā€™t move, itā€™s basically a worse safety zone, youā€™ll find yourself not using it often, maybe not at all.

You could also try to level carnivory a little, the skill still deals a surprising amount of damage.

You should increase pear of anguish by 1 and decrease wheel by 1. I think you get more damage with PoA than the wheel, youā€™re just looking for the aoe attack.

I just noticed for paladin that you have some points left, ideal on paladin 1 would be like you did but with restoration 3 and turn undead 1, since youā€™re physical the heals arenā€™t much and restoration 3 gives you access to the enhance attributes and it kinda makes a difference (going from 1500 heals to 2000+ depending on target) and turn undead is still pretty neat to one-shot devil-type and mutant.

Iā€™m currently doing cleric 2, diev 2, paladin 3 and finishing with inquisitor.
Not thinking about tryharding too much with it, but I think with a five hammer, if you donā€™t consider the char as your main one, you can without a problem play hybrid builds, mixing matk and patk. (property attack ftw)

1 Like

@Aotsuke thanks! Iā€™m updating my build. Would this Priest C1 allocation be fine?

ā€¦or should I max Resu and leave Blessing off since I can get that from shops anyways?

You donā€™t need monstrance at 5, you want the spell only for the buff, it doesnā€™t change between level 1 or 5, so only level 1.

You can then spend these points in resurrection and blessing.

1 Like

How is Smite? Is there a huge difference by endgame in terms of damage output between lv.5 and lv.15?

This is best:
-monstrance 1 (higher level does not provide more buff value, higher level = longer skill animation)
-resurrection 5 (fastest cast)
Other points free for you however you must keep monstrance at level 1.

Diev skill set is optimal.
Cleric skill set optimal for physical build.
Druid. You could take chortas 9, and carnivory 10. Optional. Chortasmata duration 4/10 +++ attribute bonus is already very long.

Inquis, malleus debuff is nice. Enemy will receive bonus damage from all sources. Bonus damage equal to [enemy magic attack]. Itā€™s strong vs mage types and at PvP. Up to you whether you like the duration at level 1 or not.

1 Like

^ Pretty much this.
You can also get 1 level in carve attack for a correct fast multi hit 3 overheat pierce attack.

The difference is huge. Smite 5 is nowhere near than 15, already because of the base damage being 1771 (I think) at level 15, but with conviction I get 150% more damage, making the skill hit 3 times. Itā€™s still a correct spell, but you wonā€™t use it that much because of double punch, and it has a rather noticeable after-cast delay.

1 Like

@greyhiem @Aotsuke thanks!

1 Like

I used to run this build and if I remember correctly, b4nj0 even got the idea from one of my posts on reddit. I resetted out since I really wanted to try Bokor 3 and was too lazy to level up another character and also because of the changes to Laima and Kugheri Zeuni.

I would change the skill build to this:

https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#41172955g.1a21395565.11243545.15213445.11253445.2a31455569.45657184

Also, I suggest just going full DEX or with some CON. Just skip STR

1 Like

That was also the last build I played before going on a looong hiatus. Works pretty well in all aroun PvE and PvP. Itā€™s a cleric after all.

By the way, has IMC already fixed the ā€œstuck on hitā€ bug? That was one of the main things which made me stop playing the char and eventually going on a hiatusā€¦

1 Like

Yes, this has been fixed.

This is silverwolfā€™s druid.

1 Like

Thatā€™s some great news for transform builds. Thanks for the fast reply and update!

1 Like

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeey, itā€™s a monqui. So are you leveling this from scratch? Hunting grounds is pretty amazing gearwise for people coming (back) up.

@Tk_Magnus was cool enough to provide us with this google doc for drops.

I recommend the eastern leather set (not really a set). The primary stats suck but the sub stats are really good. Hereā€™s what you get:

• 37 DEX
  • 14 crit rate
  • 474 HP
  • 1 move speed
  • other stuff I donā€™t care about (you can look em up in the google doc)
  • TWO (2) gem slots per pcs

The gem slots are a gamble with the appraiser npc but itā€™s something to do.

If you have phada recipes from before itā€™s real easy to craft now.

1 Like

Oh thanks man! That really helps.

You got me at 37 DEX, +1 movespeed and 2 slots/pc. :smiley:

Yes, I think I do. :smiley: