Tree of Savior Forum

*THEORY* End Game Optimal Auto Attack Wizards: PVP/PVE Builds!

Hey everyone, I am Selkies of Klaipeda~
here to talk about the validity of an auto attack wizard. I will also mention optimal combinations and why some skills may or may not work! just my thoughts…

IMPORTANT PLAYERS:

-Converts all magic attack into 2x physical. This means 1int=2physical damage. This is a more simplified concept because I am not factoring in the scaling as you reach higher stats of INT
(“I’ve been told that Demon Lord Marnox, a level 285 world boss, Drops the recipe to power staff.”)

Luckily, our staffs use strike attacks. With total attributes, this will add 100% damage (max lvl.5) AND is a w1 skill. A great and subtle attribute.

This will increase DPS by an incredible amount and it is (MOST LIKELY) necessary for this build.

Free dex at NO cost of precious stat points

increases magic AND physical, a flat damage buff, but can scale well from passives.

TOTAL: 300% damage, +858 damage (swell right arm+staff), +25% crit rate, and above avg AT. SPD

Recommended stat builds:
-NO STR
1 str=1 damage and +1 crit attack. Better options
-SOME DEX
for acc and increased critical rate
-SOME CON
hp
-THE REST: INT
1 int=2 physical attack. the bulk of the damage!

BEST POSSIBLE BUILDS CONSIST OF…

-THAUMA C1-C3
EDIT:
After EVEN MORE THOUGHTS, there are perfectly good reasons to stop at any point of the thauma class:
C1: you want chronomancer C3, or any other exclusive classes.
C2: you wish to get more damage, +25% accuracy buff from Swell Right Arm. and Reversi is a great pvp tool.
c3. you want +145 int (with possibility of even more due to swell brain gem), more damage from buffs, and perhaps you are banking that you will run into a chronomancer for buffs :stuck_out_tongue:

However keep in mind that as you rise the ranks of thauma, you will encounter increasing opportunity costs: unable to max out chronomancer for example.

-What about WIZ C3?
IF you choose to go through this route, do not end up with chrono C3. Utilize the quick cast for classes that need shorter cast times like Rune Caster:
CONFIRMED: QUICK CAST DOES NOT IMPORVE STAFF DAMAGE
You will become a psuedo caster/auto attacker. trading auto attack dps for some caster skills.

Pyro?
-Only reason to get pyro is for ease of soloing bosses, AND enchant fire. It will add additional damage to your Auto attacks by doing an extra source of damage:

CHRONOMANCER C3
Maximum attack speed is potentially the route to the maximum auto attack dps you can do. Will make you great for parties as it will improve everyones dps.

Builds:

This is the standard build for for the fastest leveling…you can’t go wrong with this build with fire ATT and mobbing…

HUGE amounts of utility: freeze, telekinesis, and + increased mobility can make this a very pvp oriented…

Subzero armor can possibly help you against pesky melee characters, and added damage can be great utility while cc’ing

sacrifices 356 damage, cc (and possible tank build?) for more magic attacks(will work because we are stacking int) and another AOE CC. will work great with cyroc2 as well. What i like about prominence is that while it is random, you dont have to channel which can easily make up for a thauma buff.

contender to max attack DPS with the +50% m.attack permanently added, we will still have plenty of CC from chronoc3, linker and wiz.

GEM PRIORITY:
Crit attack rate
M. attack
Acc
crit attack damage
Utilize cleric’s buff/offensive scrolls

ALTERNATE AUTO-ATTACK BUILDS;

Mace+Property attack dagger, +one additional attack item/buff:

Stacking attributes will make the hammer proc more. It deals 2000 damage per explosion.
You will have to stack STR/DEX with this build, but with an additional attack, it will be 5 hits per explosion.

/end
If anyone can find any good armor sets that can help with this build please post them!
and please, if you have any thoughts on the AAer wizard, please feel free to share with all of us! Thanks!

Selkies

2 Likes

Magic attack can not crit, so…

Hi zhang not too sure on how the process is when calculating damage but if i am correct:

1.power staff converts magic attack into physical by 200%
2.+other buffs
3.crit rate triggers

auto attack or pressing “c” is the auto attack i am talking about. not the “z” magical attack

I’m going to do almost the same build. wiz+pyro+linker+thaur+thaur+chrono+chrono.
But where can you drop that recipe?

if it’s just auto-attack why not just go with chaplin

nice build bro
but its totally late game and it depends a especific item
AAer wiz sounds possible with this build, gl

Simply because wizard have access to attack speed.

If anything Cleric skills can be utilized by wizard through scrolls. It will be harder to work this inversely for clerics.

@icaroalencar19

Thanks man…it is definitely late game but hoping it will be useful at that level…

Hi, i think this build is better with Full CON stat, with “Animus” as accessory, cause this is melee attack right?

Hey @B4-AZ

I’m not sure how the formula works with AMP damage…It can work like in either two ways:

1.Since auto attack is physical, AMP will not be taken into account in the formula.
2.Amp converts into M.ATTACK before the attack which would be GREAT

However, I am theorizing that option one will possibly be the case
on the toswiki, AMP is defined as:
“Increases the maximum damage of your magic spells.”

I don’t think Magic Amp would even get into the equation.

I also don’t think Quick Cast with help with the melee attacks since Quick Cast only boosts magic damage and the melee attacks are still going to be physical despite having it’s damage boosted by MAtk through the Power Staff.

This is all speculation, until someone tests this out no one is really sure.

We don’t really now how power staff works. if its calculation is applied AFTER magic amp and quickcast attributes then both would be very good for this class, if they’re not it’s useless.

I hope it does work, feels like the right weapon for a Wiz 3 > x > Chrono 3

I don’t know why you have psychino in all those builds. Yeah it’ll be nice vs bosses, but it won’t scale well with your build. The icewall combo CD is extremely high, dependent on your positioning, and lv 5 wall breaks quickly. your channel will be constantly canceled later on (and it’s going to get nerfed in pvp soon) and you’re losing out on an entire circle for one ability that will become useless. Psy 2 gives you a stun on Psy Pressure - that’s the only time you’ll get full use out of that ability. Pyro fireballs and flame ground will allow you to melt bosses almost just as fast early on. Then enchant fire would scale with this build a lot harder.

This is because Enchant Fire gives you an additional prop attack.
Combo this with caifusun set and Sac buff, you will be hitting 4 times each auto attack + quicken +thau buffs. That would maximize your DPS. Especially with blessing.

Also, these builds are way too single target oriented. You need AoE. You need real utility for teammates in dungeons. Telekinisis is great in pvp duels only. In Dungeons, it’s a self CC which hardly does damage to the one target you use it on. In PVP it does 0 damage. Only use is to stop those pesky archer mobs from attacking you. It’s only one target though, and the damage is crap, even at C3. I love it in duels, but in 5 v 5, it’s suicidal unless their entire team but 1 is dead.

Linker would help you a lot more. It’s a God send to dungeon parties, and will allow this build to aoe clear much quicker while soloing. JT surprisingly has a short CD, especially by time you rebuff your thau skills, quicken, and auto down a mob.

Especially since you’re using physical to attack over ranged matk. Thus hangman will allow you to aoe hit more mobs, doing more damage - doubled ontop of the link.

This build depends on elemental property damage btw. You need 3 headgear pieces all with elemental property. You have no Dex, you will miss most mobs at high level, so arde+rod ranged attack is the best combo for sustained dps. Your prop damage will do your heavy dps. You could be hitting 1s with your autos, but the blessing and prop damage will be hitting 800s 3 times.

Can anyone explain a build that may work with staff C attack? I’m assuming Linker/Thaum/Chrono may help with this?

Thank you in advance for any advice.

This guide is dedicated for the auto attack “c” button, not the magic “z” auto attack XD

I’m thinking something like Wiz > pyro > wiz > wiz > chrono 3.
The reason I think pyro would overshadow linker is literally the extra line on your c attack from enchant fire - this way you’ll atleast always be relevant against bosses. For mobbing you’d mostly likely use sleep since it tends to gather mobs up reasonably well (they all run into the same cloud area). The real downside to an AA build is the hell that comes with obtaining a power staff tbh.

(deleted original post)

I’m aware of that, but what I don’t see is a lot of talk regarding a staff…other than that “Power Staff” that is level 220. What staves would be viable up until that point? Any? I don’t really want to play with Rod/Off Hand…

Would this be a viable build to use with a staff?

That is a great PvE build!! I might suggest put maybe 1 into baskmasking :stuck_out_tongue:

as for staves…I do not think it’s worth going any other staff for physical damage optimization :frowning: was looking through all of them and did not see any noteworthy supplements until power staff becomes available

However, if you still want to go AA wiz, but with different gear, you may have to change up your stat build; mostly to STR/DEX with con. It would be best suited with a mace+dagger build to go for multiple attack properties which is a legitamate build! one item that is note worthy for AA…

any attribute dagger would be best as an offhand…i understand you do not want an offhand, but you will be adding extra attribute damage which is very valuable for this kind of build…

some shields give attack property as well

Alright, I’m starting to realize why off hand dagger is so useful. For lower levels should I just use Mace / Shield?

Any idea as to how much STR/DEX/CON would be viable? I intend on stat resetting, figured INT would be useful until Linker/Thaum. I guess I can just use Rod/Shield until I stat reset.

Also, would Rod/Dagger be more viable? If I can’t use staff I guess I should use the most optimal “dual wield” combination I guess. That way I could just dump CON and use transpose.

just my opinion:
Mace+shield/dagger would be better utilized with STR
-maces also give additional magic attack, a good supplement to INT.
-you can always do an int build as well to increase pyro skills.

Rod/dagger would be better utilized with INT
-str would not work well with some of the early daggers, so you could see a negligible increase in phy attack until better daggers are out there…
-you can’t do phy attacks with a rod+shield but “z” attacks worth the same and calculate your INT

However stacking attribute damage is extremely good as blessing+sac will increase the damage for EACH attribute. (two fire attack attributes will just add them together however)

there are rods/maces that offer extra attack attributes… which can be a legitament build until around 200…any bracelet/weapon/shield/armor/necklace that offers additional attack atributes…those items are considered “king” in lower levels…

Some examples (im sure you know them but for the sake of others reading)

Earth property ATT and easy to get

poison

fire AND ice damage. boss found in miners dungeon

arde gives fire AND if awakened…holy property damage.

So with sac+blessing and 5 attribute damages, you will do an additional 550 damage +physical attack(bless+sac)

As for stats, you do not need too much dex: at least 20-40. You can also get a good ACC glove.
If you are planning to use rod…just go all int and no dex

Hope that helps where to distribute your stats