Tree of Savior Forum

Theory Crafting + Build Compendium

… Come to the dark side?

NEVERRRR! In a serious note: I’ve taken your comment in consideration, Thanks!

1 Like

It’s technically possible to carve 3 or even more statues

2 Likes

WOW WTF, A STRAIGHT 75S REDUCE BUFF, HOLY COW
Now that’s some game changing buff

Alright, thanks. I will update my post to reflect this! :smile:

A build i’d like to test out using Thaumaturge as the focus point.
Physical Battlemage

Let’s start with Tomato because that’s the main focus, note that from the selected skills, only Left Arm, Transpose, Reversi and Swell Brain are ranked at what i want. I actually do not value defence that much in a game that seems to allow to avoid everything, but then again, better safe than sorry thus why right arm is maxed.
The reason Tomato was chosen is because of everything i mentioned before minus reversi that is just a more than welcome addition.
If you look closely you’ll notice wizard and linker are pretty much void of any damage skills, the reason being i’d like to use swords (at least i see them being useable by wizard so i assume it’s doable) and auto attacks as the main source of damage thanks to transpose turning my int into str on top of providing allies with damage buff skills (and defence with right arm). Shrink and Swell Body don’t really matter, i guess they can be used to increase damage for party members that needs a specific size.

Wizard is kinda useless to be honest but i don’t feel Cryo or Pyro would bring much either (outside of freeze and ice wall maybe), might aswell rank up wiz for Sleep and Lethargy, Surespell can have some use, earthquake could serve as a random CC and reflect shield is free damage if i ■■■■ up, i also think it provides additional def with a passive so why not.

Linker is the big question as i am not sure enemy connected share the debuffs like Lethargy or all get affected by sleep if i only hit one of them, same thing for Swell or Shrink Body.
It would still provide aoe damage against linked enemies, a CC that gather mobs in one spot and party damage share.
I could go Psyco for teleport or position swap which would ultimately allow me to go in and out of melee for a more selfish playstyle.
I don’t feel Wiz 3 offers more than what both of those would offer.

Note that you could say, why increase int instead of strengh and dump transpose point somewhere else but the thing is, because of swell brain i’m convinced it might simply be better to go full int. I also see wands in the item database that seems to be physical damage based instead of magical (and give int, which mean strengh anyway) meaning this build could potentialy offer melee and ranged auto attacks at will.

If all i hope is true:
Pros:

• Ranged and melee damage when needed making it a flexible character
  • Party damage and defence buffs/skills
  • A few debuffs/cc/control skills
  • Mobility if Psyco is chosen

Cons:

• Mostly relies on a single buff, if it fails or get dispelled somehow the cooldown is huge (2 minutes+) and the build do not offer any skill on a decent cd to do damage, you are mostly stuck with ranged single target auto attacks until you can transpose again.
  • Transpose isn’t 100% duration until level 9 according to databases making it a slow blooming build.
  • Probably do not offer monstruous damage. Utility must make up for it.
  • Due to the physical focus, the 2 last rank must offer classes that do not rely on int but rather, on utility (potentially Plague Doctor) or/and have some int/phys attack increase buff.

To me, Trot looks so broken. Like, that’s insanely fast, lol.

1 Like

I think it’s a bit hard to make a good build since we didnt got tons of information for each spell (dmg / skill lvl etc etc)
I guess there will be many changes especially on the amount of skill points awarded for each skill… !

Wizard - Cryomancer - Cryomancer - Elementalist - Elementalist - Elementalist:

(The build is team oriented gameplay)

• Popularity : Don’t know since the game isnt released haha
  • PvP Effectiveness : sucks hard on common PvP BUT if we got some WOE type GvG it will probably be really really efficient !
  • PvE Effectiveness : High efficiency on PvE Team. The build got heavy AOE dmg and if you need to lock down someone for your afety or wathever you got ice blast (can combo with Subzero Shield), some good CC with the wall / sleep / stone curse
    btw i think that ice wall + Prominence can be really good even if it seem to be a bit rng based
  • Flexibility : probably hard to play this build solo since he is team game oriented anyway, but you can kite easily with the wall / cc if you wanna mob train a bit ! (dont know if you can even do that on ToS… !)
    But after all in RO wizard isnt that good on solo PvE not the worst but…
  • Originality : Not original at all i guess haha.

Archer - Ranger - Ranger - Ranger - Fletcher - Fletcher

(The build is team oriented gameplay tho)

• Popularity : Don’t know since the game isnt released²
  • PvP Effectiveness : sucks on common PvP i think… need to try it BUT if we got some WOE type GvG it can be deadly on corridors (cf Sniper SS on RO)
  • PvE Effectiveness : High efficiency on PvE Team. The build got heavy AOE dmg (in a line) with crit boost, dmg and range increased, armor piercing effect. I think this build will be really awsm on boss fight + if the boss spawn some trash you can clean it easily
  • Flexibility : don’t really know since i didnt try ToS but not that much flexible imo. Usually ranger are easy class on PvE… even if the build isnt that solo play oriented but it isn’t made for it
  • Originality : not that much creative, it remind’s me Dragon Nest Sniper class a bit

These two build aren’t hard to understand, difficult to play imo. Put your brain on the floor and make tonsof damage !

1 Like

Ah, theorycrafting…such fun stuff. :smile:

http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/4ihofpgy1e/ - Two-Handed Sword “Berserker” build. Mostly focused on buffs for pure DPS goodness.

http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/umv8qf213m/ - This was supposed to be my build when I was playing the 2nd Korean CBT, but I only managed to reach Rank 4. :sob: It focused on Psychokino’s ability to combo well with Pyromancer, utilizing Fireball with Psychic Pressure or Telekinesis (both combos are very effective). Then I chose Alchemist because I really wanted to play one.

http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/48qup5zl9c/ - I made this build based on the fact that spells like Fireball, Fire Pillar, Hail, and Prominence are still active even after you cast them. Basically, I would cast these spells to cause complete mayhem while being able to freely move around after casting them all. Depending on how Prominence performs, I may sacrifice points from Electrocute or Stone Curse.

http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/3pwmur22ra/ - This build focuses on freezing enemies, pretty much. Not much else to say here. :smile:

http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/29717uuc4d/ - One possible Pardoner build I may use. Hopefully Simony and Spell Shop works with the Paladin skills I chose.

http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/phjsnztnw6/ - Another Pardoner build based on Priest skills.

That skill is also in our database (Click) but it wasn’t part of the skill tree so it’s not available in the skill simulator. It also seems like that skill is unfinshed. There are actually quite a few skills that seem to be work on progress but we try to avoid adding those because it also seems that some skills got dropped and won’t be added to the actual game anymore so we only show those skills that were available in the game.

Ah, thank you. It seems unfinished in tosgame’s wiki too, as it’s listed as rank 0. It’ll be way easier to clear everything up in the IBT.

Updated the OP!

If you haven’t given your build a title, I made up a temporary one for it. Please give your build a title :smile:

Reading through all these builds has changed what I want to be for sure. I’m not even sure if I should stay a paladin :sweat_smile:

I’m curious to know if a Sadhu doesn’t learn Prakriti to go back to the body - spirit form forever until body’s death? lol

It has a limit of how far it can get from the body

Yeah I know, I mean if you don’t learn Prakriti to go back to the body, you’ll [tecnically] be stuck in spirit form. I don’t know if there’s some sort of limited time in this form.

Prakriti pulls the body towards the Spirit, the normal skill is the other way around

1 Like

Pretty sure it runs out after 15 secs (extendable with more skill levels maybe?)

1 Like

Hmm I think it doesn’t make sense to separate your spirit from the body and be stuck because you didn’t learn Prakriti. lol

There must be a timelimit or something.

Thank you both. <3

What does “SP” mean? :open_mouth:

spell points, or you could name them also as mana, used for spells