Tree of Savior Forum

The way kills work

I think its bs that someone higher level or has more damage can just come up kill your monster, and you get no exp or items and worst of all DOESNT COUNT TOWARDS YOUR QUEST. It should be changed to whoever hits it first gets the rewards. This one issue makes a quest that should take no more than 5 mins last up to 45 mins because of kill stealers, this game is way too over populated for this and its only going to get worse once its fully released.

1 Like

sadly it doesn’t work. Blade and Soul do it like this: whoever hits first gets the kill" and the result is that people go into an area, hit all the enemies and then just run around waiting for soeone else to kill them in order to steal kills.

The PvE in that game was one of the most painfull experiences i’ve ever had because of this, expecially if you’re not ranged.

Well at minimum you should at least get the quest point for doing so much damage to it.

Or like guild wars 2, anyone that hit it once get the count or rewards.

3 Likes

There is an opposite story: somebody leveled up in a high monster density area and ran away. You come to that area, kill mobs (that de-aggroed and healed already) but loot isnt yours because whoever damaged them with level up burst tagged all of those mobs for himself.

I can only suggest to switch channels sadly.

Why couldn’t they just set that if you don’t attack them for a while, or go away, that you have to hit them again for the reward to be yours?
I mean, you have a good idea, if you were there first and hit them, you should be the one to get it, but if you don’t keep at it and someone else shows up, it should be theirs.

Or, at the very least, whoever delt the most damage gets it.
I think these options are better than what’s there currently, no?

GW2’s method is really great, changes your perception of other players when you play.

"There's someone coming to my mob, please don't take my kill"
OR
"There's someone coming, please help"
1 Like