Tree of Savior Forum

The Spiritual Monk Guide (PVE- Solo/Party) *Let me fail for you all*

I disagree with spending points in CON because you can compensate with HP bonuses by gearing toward those bonuses.

For example, let’s take your calculation and add a few things to point out my case.

7700 base HP + 1805 from Mastery = 9505
Now let’s take the Grynas Set as an example. The set give you 1020 HP + 430x 2 from boots and gauntlets. That’s a total of 11385 total hp. Take in consideration this set is not end game and we are not considering gems to boost HP further.

In regards to blessing, I mentioned this guide is not meant for optimal leveling. Those three points you spend in Blessing are better spend somewhere else. Regardless, thanks for your opinion!

I don’t think you understand. End-game bosses deal 10k a hit and thats a huge aoe around them aswell. At that point it will be do I come close, hit two times and die or do I just stay back and kamehame? But how often Can you kamehame? Do you get what I’m saying?

Unless you will have scout 3 in a party which is very rare by itself you will be forced into a support role which we both know you don’t want.

I might be wrong, that’s just my prediction. Not a prediction when it comes to the damage though.

1 Like

I get what you are saying, but how often that 10k aoe happens? Also, that 10k damage can be mitigated somewhat with SPR (magic defence) assuming is based on magic damage. Also, there is a point where is better to increase our physical/magical defense rather than keep increasing your HP. If that AoE happens not so often, then a possible strategy would be to cast revive to negate dying. My end game experience is lacking and my argument is mainly based on a theory. I do think, however , it is still viable.

SPR is usually weak… but can you go chaplain and get the bonus with monk moves? aspergillum multihit energy blast…?

You could, but I am focusing on MNK C3

Just watch this.

1 Like

Okey that’s brutal, but please tell me how 9k+ extra hp would make a difference there? One extra hit “maybe”? Also, if I am not mistaken, 16 level difference between the boss and the player make it so you get hit harder. Btw, what kind of damage is that, magic? Is every AoE considered magic?

Looks like magic to me, though I haven’t done it so I can’t confirm.

I don’t know how 9k extra hp would make a difference by itself, but if you combine it with barrier, and maybe pardoner’s increasing magic defence - or even both on the same character making it a very strong anti-magic buffer - maybe with that the additional hp would be enough to last some hits and do some damage in return.

Or you could spend points in SPR making your magic defense more relevant. I guess my point is there’s many ways to go aboutthe problem. What I am interested in is how viable is magic/physical defense in this game? I don’t know the formula and I have no clue. One thing I find interesting is that end game gear/sets include magic defense and their numbers are not as high as you might think. This might mean that spending points in SPR might be very beneficial, if not more when compared to CON endgame. I might be wrong, but I do want test it out :smiley:

1 Like

Awesome!! I will definitely check it out and update the guide as needed :smiley:

Not to sound like a prick but I don’t think you should be making guides on theory, make one after you make the character, and include your experiences and then gained wisdom.

I have the character, I am leveling it up. Based on your rationale, we all should go the same build based on one endgame dungeon, Earth Tower. Also, I did mention in the beginning that I am not level 280. In fact, most guides here have a lot of theory because is impossible to predict where the game is going with just one end game dungeon. Anyway, like always, thanks for your input.

1 Like

Good luck on the levelling!

1 Like

Without con ull die grinding in level 200+ map specially in storage(level262) some mobs there are range and magical and hit like a truck

Magic resist works like defense in TOS. Its a flat reduction. So if you have 100 MD a 10K magic attack will hit for 9,900. Its why stacking defense doesn’t work in this game. Its a design flaw that doesn’t seem to be changing anytime soon.

You’ll notice the RANGED classes shoot for around 20K as they are the classes who only take those random aoe attacks. The melee in TOS have to be in close. Your just in harms way from more dangers with less chance to react.

I don’t wanna be a doomsayer. Do what you wanna do. Go forth into battle with your head high. Just don’t get upset when you start dropping to random attacks or spots of FPS lag. At that point you’ll be in the mid 100s and the levels will be slow going and a long painful period to try and level up your CON to where it’s suppose to be.

There is a whole cycle of new players reading and ignoring advise from players who have seen the end game. Then coming around and being upset that they have to reroll or their build is weak when they were warned ahead of time repeatedly.

1 Like

I understand your point and is more than valid. I am expecting to reset my attributions, that’s why I will risk it. I tried to point out that this is not optimal for leveling, maybe I should make it more clear for those new to the game. Thanks!

1 Like

The guide has been updated based on the discussion.

If you have a stat reset potion, I’d love to see how far this go.

2 Likes

I do have! I will be updating the guide with my findings as I go. Stay tuned :smiley: