Tree of Savior Forum

The RNG on "endgame" cubes is abysmal

Who doesn’t know that feeling:

You clear the raid dungeon or kill a Demon Lord after investing some time & items on it, get a cube, see other open it and get cool stuff and then you open it and get trash.

You think “yeah RNG, next time will be better” but that next time doesn’t come.
After endless iterations of cubes you give up because this cube RNG is a freaking waste of time if you only get worthless trash drops from it.

It’s not fair that other players can get 5 practoniums in a row while you always get spirit crystal fragments.

How is this encouraging the players to participate in your content?
Why can’t you add more stuff like Earth Tower where you get your items eventually?

These cubes are at least rewarding (and already were it before) since you can trade in the contents for the items you want.

Meanwhile, you can’t trade those Sierra Powders or Spirit Crystal Fragments for anything else that’s in the cubes.
While the Raid dungeon is less frustrating (though you lose blessed shards & other materials to craft them and only get the recipes by luck from challenge mode cubes, so you’ve got to overcome another RNG at least 4 times before you can try this RNG one time), killing a Demon Lord over 1-2 hours for nothing, that’s just not rewarding [not to forget that only the top 5 parties get a cube] and discouraging your players to play the game;

If all they can do at max level is wait for Demon Lords to spawn & farm challenge mode with several characters a day to get the portal stone recipes and end up with nothing at all, just to repeat and repeat and repeat again, that is not going to keep your players playing the game.

Rather, you are punished for playing the game. In that time you sacrificed on a cube of nothingness, you could’ve learned something, read some book pages, watched anime or done something else.

In short: your Demon Lord cubes and Raid cubes are not worth our time.

You discourage the playerbase with cube RNGs that create a lot of frustration for the majority just to have a minority benefit from them. And it gets worse if you see others alongside you benefiting multiple times instead of you. That’s why I stopped raiding and Demon Lord hunting for good.

I won’t let you punish me anymore with your cubes of nothingness for playing your game.
I will only do things that have definite results.

3 Likes

You think I give two cahoots about some stupid world boss cubes?
I just bought 70 purple albums and spawned them all among 100s of other albums from guildies.

Not one Marnox.
:tired:
He’s a bloody myth that’s earned all my salt.

2 Likes

I have opened around 100 WB cubes now (both the old and new versions), the best I have gotten is a prac… I have also received NOTHING other than powders in 50+ raids run, where all my teammates have received various types of recipes.

I agree wholeheartedly that the game punishes certain players so hard with layers and layers and layers of rng… I honestly hope the new raid is more of the ET format but less of a rng ■■■■ you format

I might be wrong, but Marnox is superior world boss so its from black album, not red? Same case with blue album cant summon Nuaele?

Would be nice if someone confirms about this.

Judging by the fact that I’ve obtained a Rexipher, Mirtis and a few others with standard albums of their respective colors, I’d say they still show up. It’s purple for Marnox by the way.

Now whether the black album makes it more likely for him to show up? I’d love to know.

Even if those layers of rng is driving away people + velcopter to come that is even worse, it can be “worth”.
For players that did hundreds of time the raid, it’s worth in the long run, I got almost EVERY possible masinios recipe weapons and I traded them because it would be a waste to split these resources on my alts when main players customers need them.

It was a big waste of time / money for that result, lot of masinions weapons I crafted shared the same fate and were not sold, traded, etc (yet?)

Ah yes, i have seen Mirtis from a normal color album before.

got 2 marnox cards from purple albums. opened a lot with a guild tho. it’s rare but it’s possible to get.

1 Like