Tree of Savior Forum

The reroll secret

Well I loved my char until lvl 250+, were it started to be obsolete because non meta.
And I started to feel so weak, that I just did not like my char anymore.
So in retrospective, was this char not for me, I guess, but I still think this should occur way earlier

I guess you are also right on that one, evey mmo I played I made friends, or I played with a friend.
But this one I played solo, maybe if I had a friend start over with me I could have coped with rerolling.

I can understand how you feel. I played an archer to level 190 and right now I’m leveling a Cleric … the questing in this game is horrible linear and I often feel like “Oh god! Not this map again.” Sometimes I’m not sure why I still play this game. I guess I have a bit of a love-and-hate-relationship with it.

Other games (like WoW or GW2) offer more zone variety or you can level completely trough PvP or dungeons. I once leveled a character in WoW completely through the Pet Batlle system … it was kind of a breath of fresh air (and actually not that bad).

I hope TOS will evolve as it gets older and the leveling will get more interesting with more variation. Like having more dungeons choices, more (viable) missions, more maps with quests (without feeling the need to play them all, because that’s how it feels now) and more viable grind spots.

They could actually do 3 easy stuff:
For the people who like to grind, enhance mob density in all maps and respawn
For the quest, well add more quest especially since questing stops at 232
And also they could withdraw the dungeon entry limit

The real problem is, since there is next to no end game, if they make leveling faster, they will face a huge crowd of people complaining the game has nothing to offer, and is too short blablabla.
IMO if leveling was smoother I would actually consider reroll

serious question tho …
whats the point leveling up atm ?
are we just cracking keppa head 24/7 ? right now i see no benefit rather just get better item and see huge damage to monster … its boring againts stupid monster …
ya ya try ET or smt, but what they do is just put ton of mob and ton of damage …
so, unless battle arena or PVP implement, i see no point to leveling up atm …

1 Like

How does this silver making alt works when you can’t transfer silver?

Well you kinda have to level up… that is like one of the aspect of the game^^
I do understand were you come from tho. But some people just like pve, I agree for pvp player the end game is salt.
Well for pve player also… kinda. If I didn’t quit my objectives were to get the best gear, and to level up my attributes (wish would take a freaking long time 80M per attribute ma dude).

Reroll? When i played RO i knew that i can farm anywhere i want if i have a proper gear and when player reached 95+ level he could easily kill mobs by thousands without any problems, could grind cards and loot and get exp, not only one of this. Here reroll means nothing but do 1000 quests again, and in the end there is no difference between 50 and 250 player level, because 50 lvl monster have 2k HP and 250 - 150k HP so players damage is just scaled, even equipment in ToS means nothing, you get no advantage at all, you can easily get 280 with kafrisun and arde. Im not even speaking about bots and fked respawn rate, i mean how can someone grind when there are 100 monsters at whole map.

Buy gear you want on your crafting character and transfer through the team storage to other characters. You just have to remember you cant trade mats and consumables you’ve bought from the AH through your team storage only gear. So if you bought some mats and already had the recipe on your non crafter you would have to transfer the recipe through team storage and then craft the item on the crafter and then swap back again.

It’s tedious and a bit ridiculous but what in ToS isn’t

1 Like

No secrets, just time.

Well I don’t want to compare tos to Ro, they are different game, and different time.
But I agree with you on the gear process. Very few gear in tos have an impact. In fact most of the gear in the game just adds more states.
I would like to see way more ignition and aias, gear with value in it.

I guess yeah , maybe if I was unemployed, I would have rerolled out of boredom…
But a part of me says, “no” I mean why reroll when I can play another game. I mean yes I loved the game but between doing it again out of frustration once more, or just playing something else… I would go with something else…
So maybe the secret is time + nothing better to do, or time + so in love with the game other games do not matter….

I know that i shouldnt compare ToS to RO. But after RO, LA and others MMORPG i can say that ToS is a game about limitations, you are forced by developers to do scripts like a bot, nothing more.

A good way to rationalize and motivate yourself to make several characters is to first realize there’s a meta for different aspects of the game.

There are certain classes that do better than others when it comes to Earth Tower, World Bosses, 1-on-1 PvP, Large scale PvP, Farming for money, etc.
This may be tough to accept especially if you come from a gaming history where it’s a 1 class fits all. But truth is, that’s not how it works in ToS.
You’re not going to make an Alchemist and clear Earth Tower with it.
You’re not going to make a Musketeer and grind for money in Dina Bee Farm as painless as say a Sorc or Necro.

Look at your character and see how it can fit a role in ToS society. There’s always something you can salvage from any character.

Identify your weakness and realize what characters you need to progress in the game.
If you realize you don’t have a character that fits the meta of Earth Tower, should make one. If you don’t have a PvP character like a Kino, make that. Basically be goal oriented. Once you have a goal, the game is fun again. “My goal is to jump into a guild battle and CC like 20 people.” “My goal is to win world bosses.”

But an employed person that hasn’t settled down yet has more time than a student. :smirk:

True that re-rolling is frustrating especially when you think of the effort you have to make to reach the end game. But what’s more frustrating for me is that whenever I think ‘I should have been 280 by now, but with the games current content, it’s not exactly rewarding for the max levels anyway’.

But in all seriousness I’m not the type of guy who would settle for a broken game, I just don’t know the reason why I can’t seem to leave this game. Honestly I tried playing other games but ToS is like a void that just keeps sucking me. lol

OR maybe I’m just buried in the idea that this could be the true and potential successor of Ragnarok.

1 Like

Let me see, i have played 2x Rank 7, 1x Rank 5 and 4x Rank 4 in 2 servers. Rerolling aren’t as bad as it seems but the first step is to make something interesting that you enjoy.
Pardoner buffs, Team levels, better gears, knowing the quest paths & when to save/eat cards will ease the leveling.

eg. My Archer have an Arde waiting for him to use so i rush to 75 and now i have a Manamana waiting for him so i will be more motivated to level up.

I wonder though. If you find all these things tedious, why are you playing the game? I’m not playing the game to reach 280, I’m playing it because I enjoy playing it.

I actually totally agree with you.
I think every char can fit a role, and you can always recycle a char in a roll.
The problem is more about liking that role. I wanted a damage dealer I end up with a farm char.
I guess I could use it too farm and stuff a reroll… but then again gear has very few impact on leveling in this game. So in the end I do not get that much benefit.
But I agree on the fot a role in tos society.
But it does not help in motivating to do another one, maybe a little I guess…

Well I am not playing anymore^^. The moment I realized I had to reroll my char I stopped.
As I said before, I enjoyed the game, I did not mind doing all this stuff, what I actually don’t want to do is do it again^^.
I enjoyed my run, but the game is not so amazing I could do it over and over.

I get where you come from, and I agree that gear + experience of the game + team level, makes the game more reroll friendly. As in I will level faster.
The problem is more that making it faster does not make it interesting again.
Plus faster is a big word.