Tree of Savior Forum

The Pro's and Con's of a circle reset

Short and Simple.

NO

Well said. There are a slew of characters and classes over on KTOS and most people who like to think outside the box play with weird non ā€œoptimalā€ builds.

I can almost guarantee that every class from C8-10 will have a guide breakdown available from Korea in the first 2 weeks of that patch. We will not be in the dark at all.

1 Like

82 posts and not 1 said " ill play what i like regardless"ā€¦ sure i have moneyā€¦ sure you have moneyā€¦ sure i may not have moneyā€¦ sure you may not have moneyā€¦ those that can buy it will buy the reset, those that cant, wontā€¦ same with any tp itemā€¦ if thats the case, stat resets are unfair and need to be removedā€¦ revive scrolls should be removed, and tokens should be removed. and while im at it, those enchant scrolls are just too p2w its so unfairā€¦ casey gets levis and all i get is wranglers!.. thats a jeans jokeā€¦

nowā€¦ to every single 1 of you that argue ā€œsome kid will lvl up easy with a power lvl class then pick his ā€œdesiredā€ classā€ā€¦ sorry but there will be kids that lvl up as supports and team oriented, then when their guild disbans and their friends leave they will viceversa switch to a dps/solo class finallyā€¦ you fuckers need to learn give and takeā€¦ BRAH

not to mention the VAST majority of those kids that do what you OHH SO HATEā€¦ you wont even ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  know themā€¦ 80,000 kids per server PRE open betaā€¦ your importance in this game is self imposed. gtfo

2 Likes

Whatā€¦

/20charmeow

you make it sound like every player that logs into the game and has a shitty build will continue to play it because they are ā€œSTUCKā€ with it.

but come onā€¦ you know the realityā€¦ they will reroll or quitā€¦ both very obvious options still create the SAME outcome you said would happen if they COULD use job reset potionsā€¦ that outcome is that you wont see those bad builds late gameā€¦ You get that right?

2 Likes

Yes. that is exactly my point. Thank you for agreeing with me.

The answer is NO!!

But if everyone keep demanding it then it should have a Huge big Penaltyā€¦
such as

1. All Attributes must reset to lvl 0 (Go Fuck yourself you deserve that)
  2. All rank costume will be confiscated.
  3. The Rank Reset potion need to have potential and it can only be used when potential goes [zero] in order to bring down itā€™s potential you must find several people (not from your friend list or guild) to sign it. hahaha if you Failed to collect signature until x dayā€¦ it will expireā€¦ (signature can be done by right click the character and click sign my petition.)

letā€™s make it look like real lifeā€¦ you canā€™t just say you are not going to practice blah blah blahā€¦ you need to surrender your license.

At the end of the day the answer for this topic should be NO.

1 Like

By that logic the only things happening is the player base gets smaller and IMC losses money 2 ways.

If you think people wonā€™t leave based on what they add to the cash shop, this is either your first MMO or youā€™re a fool. This means either way they stand to lose players and money no matter which decision they make. The only question is if they want to remain true to their ideals or not.

People leave games when pay 2 win enters the cash shop. No one ever said you should be able to freely switch up your circle choice. My very first post on this topic recommended a one Circle redo if any for the soul fact that a large part of a player base is not hardcore. Mistakes will be made and a simple 5-10$ scroll boom. Switch out c3 barb for c1 Pelt and move on.

Who got hurt there? The guy that leveled as a peltasta? No he saved 10 bucks by doing his research as opposed to the other guy losing hours/ days of his life.

Ideals lol. Ever hear of business ethics?

1 Like

Im actually starting to agree with vanicā€¦ but i want to take it a step furtherā€¦

1. get rid of stat reset potions.
  2. once an item is equipped its not tradeable, its not sellable. you can only delete itā€¦
  3. anything you find is yours and noone elses.
  4. get rid of npcs buying items you findā€¦
  5. get rid of tradeā€¦ trade bothers meā€¦ this game is all about no reworksā€¦ what you find is yoursā€¦ period. what you do is yoursā€¦ periodā€¦ no take backsā€¦ no tradesā€¦
  6. get rid of 2nd 3rd 4th character slotsā€¦ why do you have more than 1 characterā€¦ 1 is all you needā€¦ varic has decided this game has no replay ability.

all of these things allow you to modify your situationsā€¦ Im exactly like varic and i see exactly like himā€¦ get rid of all this excess ā– ā– ā– ā–  in my mmorpg of choice.

2 Likes

Iā€™m all up for a better quality of life so Iā€™m down with the circle reset. The cons donā€™t really bother me that much even though Iā€™m perfectly fine with my build. One thing for sure is that they need to provide better patch notes with detailed mechanics and ffs get someone to make a legit database.

2 Likes

Welcome to what feels like a neutral ground Mike.

Itā€™s not neutral ground just because he agrees with you.

Also, everyone has different ideas of what restrictions would be fine, and what wouldnā€™t. I guarantee with the restrictions you find to be perfect, tons of people would not agree. Many would think they are too lenient, and others would think they are too harsh.

Excuse me; have you read the forumsā€¦at all? Plenty of people have said this.

What does this have to do with business ethics at all? Do you just spout out phrases you hear? You better maximize your paradigm! It does have to deal with ideals, from a player to player standpoint, which we donā€™t agree on, clearly. Iā€™m not a fan of hand-holding.

Ignoring your annoying elitist breakdown of everything I say, I still fail to see how a more than likely unabusable system (giving imc the benefit of the doubt) allowing small changes to your characters circle choice for God alone knows what reason (just because is good) changes much of anything and even less how it ruins anyone elseā€™s experience.

The points you guys keep bringing up only matter if the reset system is wildly abusable and people are just switching their whole build around. Obviously this isnā€™t intended since we have dedicated crafting classes. But what if you got to rank 7 and clicked ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  c2 swordsman by mistake? Mistake.

So we are back to my original argument for this. ā– ā– ā– ā–  happens, IMC may as well get paid for picking it up.

@Vanic my nuts, get off em.

1 Like

If you somehow select a class by ā€œmistakeā€ that makes you pretty god damn retarded. You have to select the class itself and then at the bottom hit Accept. If you somehow screw THAT up as a mistake? Hereā€™s your bed, sir.

Most circle rerolls are going to be more than ā€œsmall changesā€ as well. Even 1 circle will change how you play your character. If you add a C2 of something, it will really change how you play considering you get even more skills out of it.

Say you do change from C3 Barb to C2 Barb and C1 Pelt. You just lost 1 awful skill and 1 not so awful but still bad skill and gained 2 much better ones. Not to mention a TON of utility. That is a game changer in a lot of peopleā€™s eyes. Mine included.

And it wasnā€™t free. I meanā€¦I wouldnā€™t just keep buying them. What the ā– ā– ā– ā–  kind of budget are you working with that this is a real concern for people? All I know is ill see you end game when Iā€™m taking my arrows out of your chest. How YOU got there doesnā€™t matter in the slightest.

And as for the change from c3 barb to Pelt being a game changerā€¦ yeahā€¦ thatā€™s why you would pay the 10bucks like you would for a token cuzā€¦itā€™s a game changer, or a skill reset. Also the servers were ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  and laggy and I deleted a mage because as I was clicking to pick pyro the server stuttered (or whatever) and re highlighted my previous choice cryo and poof. Only c3 so no biggy but any laterā€¦

I had honestly forgot about that until just now.

If there is reset circle it should only reset ā€œ1 circleā€ in a 2 month to 3 month delay before being able to use it another time on the team account. And the reason is I feel it kinda remove the magic of this game which is a lot oriented on class building.

1 Like

Recommended a million times over and apparently thatā€™s just as game-breaking as any other class reset option

Oh, so you can be arrogant, but when you say stupid things that make no sense, it is ā€˜elitistā€™ to call you out on them? Thatā€™s a very convenient double standard you have going for yourself there! Besides, if I really wanted to be elitist I could just pick on you for the numerous grammatical errors you make. I donā€™t though. When youā€™re going to be pompous and say something stupid simultaneously, however, Iā€™m going to mock it.

It asks for a confirmation after you choose a class. If you accidentally click the wrong class, and then have a seizure causing you to accidentally click confirm, Iā€™m sure you could submit a ticket to IMC. Thatā€™s about the only scenario where you could accidentally choose a class though.

It makes about as much sense as everything else you say.

Once again, you choose to go with another double standard. Apparently when you reply, itā€™s being a responsible human being. When I reply, however, itā€™s ā€˜being on your nutsā€™ or whatever nonsense you wish to describe it as.