Tree of Savior Forum

The game is easier than it should be at lower levels

After rework, today was the first day that I decided to start a new character. I have other 9 chars +300.

Before the rework it always felt good to start a new char and test a new build. Even though the classes weren`t balanced, you could feel the progression of your build, try combos and etc. Sometimes you were required to link at the right time, cc enemies, heal.

But now everything is gone, buy blessing(+1600 dmg) and hitkill any monster, including monster and boss outside or inside a DG(which should be more difficult).

3 Likes

Its pretty much a shame yeah. Pardoner buffs are out of line with the rest of the game in general. That said even with just cafrisun armor and no buffs I can go to like level 100 without ever having to use a single skill and just one shot everything with autos (cept bosses, but 3 hits for a boss aint bad). No excitement in getting skills cause you dont need them, can go through four circles before you might want to fire off a skill.

2 Likes

This game is only half way and yes, they want you to get ready before R9 coming. Btw I will get all 330 30/30 before that.

i think it being easy at early levels is a good thing. this game encourages you to make alts so going through the same early maps and having them be hard whenever you need to make an alt wouldnt be good. Also, if you dont want early game to be easy then you could always just save money and not buy the pardoner buffs, the game will be harder without pardoner buffs, im leveling a level 200 charater now and i can barely solo without the pardoner buffs.

This is one of TOS biggest faults. You have two starting towns which are basically the same BUT you can breeze past through it by buying pardoner buffs. There is literally no point doing quests at low levels. IMC should rework the whole map by making it partly linear but still retain some open world aspect. Orsha is connected to Klaipedia, Klapedia is connected to Fedimian. Basically all major quests from Orsha to Fedimian is linear. Surrounding areas near the major cities are for optional quests. It’s really not that hard to do because you are just reassigning portals to the next map. Knowing IMC’s track record it may take them a month to this though.

1 Like

Then refrain from buying anything that will help your character kill faster (even if only for an X number of attacks).

But then again, weapon damage has increased significantly so you’ll still hit a lot harder than a low level character from CBT.

The game has 330 levels currently, it’ll likely go up more once R9 arrives (which they’ve stated is the way we’re going). People are expected to spend less and less time in the lower level areas, hence the extreme ease you’re experiencing in them.

[True] first timers, especially those that don’t really go on an information deep-dive wouldn’t be aware (right away, anyway) that they can purchase Blessing and Sacrament from Pardoner shops to ease their early progression… not that they could afford it right away or consistently anyway. Same goes for the Cafrisun set in the earlier stages.

It’s fine that early-game is almost non-existent for people playing their third (3rd) or so character already.

PS: I have twelve Lv330s as well (2 pets), 8 out of 10 playable characters were born pre-compensation spam era so I kinda get where you’re coming from, but at this point in the game, they want people to reach the 300s range quickly because it’s only going to up from there.

3 Likes

It has to be like this. Level cap is at 330, the game is pretty boring itself, imagine going back to that time when u have to grind at early levels or even do the same boring quests over and over again.

The concept of too many levels in a game is never a good thing anyway, too many useless maps that nobody goes at all, reworked monsters changing colors and putting them at higher levels.

When level cap reachs 600, how long do u think we should need to get at it?

ToS is still a big open beta, things change all the time, we can’t afford to lose too many days to level up characters, at least i cant.

Other problem is that you can choose to not buy any buffs but other players will buy, then you will watch everyone killing monsters without giving you a chance to hit it. You will see it in every DG, grind party, HG…

but his threat is talking about low levels, nobody really grins or anything at those levels anyway and in dungeons you will be in a party anyway. and people kill stealing hasent been a problem to me since release because everyone is spread out rather tahn in the same level and map range. so not using pardoner buffs is a completely viable option :slight_smile:

Even better. Buy a 5~7k bless and clear dungeon rooms in 50-80 dungeons with lvlUPs.

Levelling and progression feels significantly better than before the Combat Update. It is unbalanced, but in general it’s a major improvement to what we had.

IMC said this in the ITOS version of the recent interview:

HOD: There was some lack of foresight from our dev team when creating the big combat changes earlier this year, in that we didn’t consider all the possible ways in which Pardoner buffs could be affected. This led to certain shop buffs becoming powerful enough to visibly affect the game. Overall, we wanted to adjust the balance of Pardoner shop buffs in a way that doesn’t make them vastly superior to Priest buffs, but without taking too much from the convenience or performance of general Pardoner buffs. We’re still considering other changes to Pardoner shop buffs, but we’ll announce more details after we have something more concrete.

In KTOS they did mention more concrete information in the form of removing the Priest attributes from affecting the Pardoner buffs, overall it was a large nerf to the shops which help address the balance problems. I’d want to see ALL elemental damage scale with level as a way of balancing personally. Anyway, the game may not be perfectly balanced yet, as 1500 Blessing is still very powerful in the earliest portions of the game, but it demonstrates something more important, that IMC is continuing the rebalance the game.

HOD: After the big combat changes, PvE difficulty was reduced by a lot. It’s hard to tell where the next patches will take this aspect of the game, since our goal is to follow whatever needs are felt at the moment, whether that implies a more difficult or an easier gameplay. What I can tell you is that we did consider the connection to future new regions and contents when applying the big changes, so we don’t predict anything too drastic.

We haven’t reached all our balancing goals yet, of course, even considering the next couple of updates we have in store. We have a summon behavior improvement patch that’s already been developed and is now awaiting review. We are also working on a series of other aspects of the game, including more class-specific issues. One thing I want to say is that we hope players don’t think we’re done with a class after it’s been patched one or two times. We’re always looking to improve class balance.

The game is still changing and in general it’s moving in a positive direction, especially since it appears IMC is ruling nothing out when it comes to rebalancing.

To confirm, I definitely agree with you that the game is too easy at early levels, and in most PVE Field Content all the way up to 330.

Running out of the thread context a littIe, i really think that they should create a mail system for each character (so each character could gain equal compensations, and not concentrate it on only one char) and put limitations on the Instant Clear Vouches, Instance Reset and 8x~4x tomes. This would make people take a decent time to reach 330. Right now, there’s tons of people that can reach 330 in one day or one week if they don’t have much time to play. At least for me, this is a big issue, since the actual end content of the game should be archived with a minimum of one week if you hardcore rush everything and 3 weeks~1 month for a average leveling. I know that new content is coming and they want to go 600 lv cap, but still…

@TacioDaito but i want to Lvl up fast to Max lvl because i want many different builds … with higher “Max lvl reach time” i would Simply quit playing … opinions everywhere opinions :mask:

In this case, the correct would make the rank system and skills resetable for free, permanently. Rerolling isn’t a good choice of rank reset to implement in a game. IMC should know this, to tell the truth, they should have already implement a free (with cooldown) rank reset npc.

It’s really ridiculous that a lot of people can reach lv cap with 1~7 days easily in a PvE based- game…

1 Like

Now that you brought up levelling @TacioDaito I agree it’s too easy. The best place to start is with compensation being too high. EXP based compensation should be reduced. The levelling process should also be made more difficult again, but more rewarding. It can be a great source of content, but right now it’s something to rush through. Streamlining quests, providing better rewards through actual loot, ( inclusion of Quest Cubes you can roll would help), and a focus on obtaining long term rewards at any stage of the game should be a priority.

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind the game being harder but I disagree about people getting to much EXP based stuff. If it’s too tedious to level up nobody’s going to bother trying to get to max level. Sooner or later the game’s max level will be 600 IIRC. Besides, the main attraction for many people is being able to experience a variety of classes and skills, and you can’t do that if it takes forever to max alts. So the two reasons basically add up. I think levelling atm is perfect, except bosses should be more mentally stimulating (i.e. I don’t mean just making them hit harder, but giving them more enjoyable abilities and mechanics. It would be fun to see Zelda-style bosses in TOS, where each boss’s physiology / magical abilities affect how the fight goes).

1 Like

It’s low level, obviously it will be easy getting support from lv 300 priest buff.

Remember the game is not at end game content yet, we still have upcoming rank 9 and maybe rank 10. So the game will have to scale the difficulty from easy to hard.

I remember being one hit killed by a green flak in tehvrin when i was at level 300, wearing +7 elkosh set with 6 star yellow gems, +7 didel shield and 100 con is not fun.

If you want challenge, wait the upcoming WB update.

I dislike the high compensation because you can skip large parts of content with it. I’d like EXP to be increased from questing (like they’re beginning to to on KTOS), kill counts, field mobs, maybe make WB’s interesting with EXP. That will allow variety levelling, while still ensuring it happens at a reasonable rate. The x2 Multiplier, x8 Tome, event EXP, 15min Dungeon run isn’t fulfilling when it can happen so frequently.

2 Likes

I think one of the issue with Blessing, dungeon clear vouchers, and the ability to skyrocket the levels (although I do agree it’d be bad if it was all too tedious) is that people don’t have the time to understand how the game works.
They don’t know the mechanics, what is their class role and how to effectively play it, or even how to work with other classes, as a party.
With the new rate, you get people in 290 dungeon who don’t know anything about combos, their classes, or other classes. But being 290-300 and not knowing really basic things is a bit extreme.
Also they’re so used to simply rushing everything, to the fact they just need to kill everything (easily), if there’s a little mechanic or if the bosses hit tougher/move more, they’re overwhelmed and mess up.
But it makes sense: until now you could easily face-tank any bosses, you didn’t even need HP pots, why would you suddenly buy some or be more careful ? Until now the dungeons were just about killing every mobs and destroying everything, how would you suddenly guess you need to destroy the right orb ?
Obviously part of the issue is them not saying it’s their first time there, but TOS fighting system is pretty linear (and easy), why would they suspect it to be different in some areas ?

Whenever I do high level dungeons on a non-Cleric and we have no cleric, I’m amazed how most people don’t have any potions. I’m amazed how so many wizards just face-tank all the mobs. The mobs will hit hard, they’ll poison or something, the player has no HP pots, no Antidotes, but he/she still face tanks either way.
I’m sure some of the players who do that are simply just bad, but I saw how some suddenly run away, realizing that everything isn’t always that easy, and they’ll learn with time. I just feel like 290+ to learn that feels a bit late…

Although ultimately, when R10 will be out 300 will only be mid-game, which then doesn’t make it so late to learn about how it can sometimes be tricky.

with r9 and r10 coming, so is the 3-stars dg clear and maybe a double multiply token. prolly a ET clear and 315 dg clear. could even see a x16 exp time incoming lul.

i really hated how fast one can level now. i remember doing alemeth, storage timerys etc just to level. was fun coz u can meet new people and grind with them for hours.

but now its just… DG>use clear if possible/multiply token>mission>reset voucher>REPEAT till 330. done it one time and made a 330 char in like what, 7hrs. it was a fencer and i dont even know how to properly play it, yet i reached the max level just like that. it wasnt fun anymore so… shrugs

2 Likes