Tree of Savior Forum

The game is easier than it should be at lower levels

The root of these problems is IMC doesn’t have a consistent direction for the game, they just keep changing focus. And their early decision to use this ■■■■ engine is biting them hard now.

The problem is how easier leveling got since rank 8 release.

Back then, right after the exploration event ended, leveling speed wasn’t incredibly fast nor was near impossible (like CBTs). You’d take 1~2 weeks to reach max level playing regularly while doing dailies on other characters. Why was this good for the game?

Well first it encouraged questing and exploring low level maps (above lvl80ish since before you’d just grind at tenet+dg 50). Questing at level 100ish didn’t feel like a complete waste of your time. Progression for new players was intuitive and encouraged exploration of many different maps. Grinding at Alemeth/Evac/Storage/Timerys encouraged party play and, albeit sometimes toxic, introduced many players to new classes, synergies and friends/guilds. The progression of a character felt much more natural.

Second, the extremelly fast leveling speeds crashed many micro-economies in the game. Practonium prices ate 1/3rd of what they were. Potions, scrolls, dispellers and whatnot are extremelly cheap now. Cities are flooded with pardoners and squires.

At least it’s profitable for IMC (more character slots). And finally, personally, I liked leveling pre-combat changes much more.

IKR? A few days ago they gave more than 3 instance resets and some 5~6 tomes. Without counting the compensation from the DPK bug.

They give so much compensation because they expect people to share it with multiple characters, which most of the time doesn’t happens. So one character ends up with four 8x tomes and a bunch of instant vouchers and resets. That’s why we need a individual character-based mail system, so the compensation is proportional to the amount of characters in your account, and those tomes (including the 4x and 8x built with them), vouchers and resets would have team storage restriction. This would make leveling much more serious in this game.

Because leveling a character should be a breeze in 2017. Period.

I thought we are talking about difficulty? By difficulty i mean monster HP, def, mdef, atk against players. That was what i meant in my post.

Talking about next topic : Clear, multiply and tome actually are premiums, that’s what imc sell “escalator”.

Thanks to the whales that those premiums are easy to get on the market. Even if you call yourself a F2P as long as u buy those premiums provided by whales in the market, you are also a paying user. That way you provide silver to whales and whales provide $$$ to imc.

Compensations will gone but the habbit of levelling with premiums will stay. That’s a marketing strategy. After all every and each game are made with intentions to bring income to the company.

yea but clears, reset vouches, multiply tokens ect arent that avalliable to free players so they only have 2 dungeons a day so theyre not able to level in 7 hours.

I would say that in some versions of the game they are not available at all (except for event/compensation reset vouchers).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.