Tree of Savior Forum

The FAQ of 20characters for iCBT2

Recently the forum has been flooded with questions already answered 1000 times… So here is a FAQ for all you people that have a hard time reading an announcement, understanding simple answers already given by IMC or you’re new to the ToS forum and are looking for some quick answers in one post . By the way, most of the answers are direct quotes from the announcements.

1 - How can I register ?

The limit (date after which you CANNOT apply anymore) for registration was:

1. Registration and Deadline

Monday, October 19, 2015, 01:00 AM

2 - Where do I get my beta key ?

To the e-mail you registered with, go check your facebook account if you don’t know it. You can also check it on the main page of ToS after you login.

Beta Keys will be distributed to your email addresses and you will also be able to check your Beta Keys on TOS homepage.

3 - HELPS, NO BETA KEYZ AND I REGISTORD !?

Look at your calendar, is today the date between the following ? If so, calm the ■■■■ down and wait.

1. Beta-Keys Distribution Schedule

Wednesday, October 21, 2015 ~ Friday, October 23, 2015

4 - I didn’t get a key after that period, what do I do?
Did you check your spam/junk mail ? Are you sure the e-mail you registered facebook with is the same one you are currently using ? Are you able to see the key button on the ToS main webpage ? If you checked everything and still don’t have a key, you ■■■■■■ up, find a fansite or a streamer after the distribution period, IMC isn’t giving out anymore keys.

5 - What ? A fansite ? How do I find these things ?
Google or go in the fansite portion on the forum. The main english fansites are:

You can find other ones in the appropriate forum section. For streamers, go on twitch and search “Tree of Savior” or “ToS”, once the game is playable (see quesiton 9).

6 - I have the key, but don’t know how to install !
Open Steam. If you don’t have Steam, you have to install it in order to play it ( http://store.steampowered.com/about/ ). Top left of the main window where it says Steam View Friends Games Help. Click Games > Click Activate a Product on Steam > Next > Next > Agree > Enter your beta key

7 - I cannot get into the game or connect to the servers ! What’s the problem ?
Test Schedule (if it’s not between these dates, the servers aren’t LIVE (working) yet)

1. Test Schedule

Tuesday, October 27, 2015, 03:00 AM (EDT) ~ Thursday, November 25, 2015, 23:00 PM (EST)

8 - When I attempt to launch the game in Steam, I am met with an error; “Cannot find flash.ocx. File might be damaged or removed, please reinstall” or “Failed to create flash player please restart”"

First of all you need to run DXSETUP, which can be found in your ToS folder -> release/patch/Directx10. ToS also needs flash player to be installed. However, not on any browser, it needs to be installed on INTERNET EXPLORER. Since most people don’t use IE, you have to go and update your flash (search google “flash player download” or go to https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/ ) directly on your internet explorer program.

9 - When will I be able to play ?

Tuesday, October 27, 2015, 03:00 AM (EDT)

If you have no clue what that means, here is the current EDT time and date : http://www.timeanddate.com/time/zones/edt
There is also a forum user who created a count down for the release, for more info check out http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/to?iso=20151027T03&p0=904&msg=ToS+2nd+Closed+BETA&font=serif&csz=1&swk=1

10 - Will the game lag with so many people ?

There is no way of knowing for sure, but you can test your ping even before the game goes live. For more information check out Game server location - check your ping

4 Likes

Nice but you forgot all the “Fansite” spam

It’s funny to see the so called ‘fansite’. Do they really know what fansite really means or just went ahead and post some mumbo jumbo group just because IMC said:

However, if you are a fan site manager, we may consider providing you with more keys. Please make sure your site information is updated at the following address of our website.

The desperation is strong. Don’t know what makes it so dumb but I can see they’re trying their best to be one.

1 Like

There isn’t a way to know for sure since there is no standard set by IMC, but once the keys are fully distributed they will probably make on announcement on these “fansites” about their own key distributions. Assuming it would be competitions or random draw. Because even if they do not official qualify, I wouldn’t be surprised some people registered multiple times to give out the extras keys for promotion purposes of their new “fansites”.

I really don’t mind they wanted to post their group with a valid description (kinda like group objective, something you want people to join, not just 10-30 poots of words). But from what I see, they posted their group and begs for key. I understand having an IQ of a room temperature is tough but do they really need to do that? Do the ‘admin’ of a fansite acts unprofessionally, just for keys?

Lord have mercy.

1 Like

no idea where to start a topic so i ask here.
Is that normal that DXSETUP won’t stop after client is closed?