Tree of Savior Forum

The -10% universal missile damage nerf is a sign of the end times

What kind of drooling, clueless maniac nerfs the entire archer tree, shitty builds and all, just because they want to control the damage of the few builds in this unfortunate branch of this game’s classes that could actually do damage? What kind of incompetent goon takes a hammer to beat down terrible builds, instead of tweaking the numbers of individual skills on individual circles to make sure things perform correctly?

Why did I even come back? Thinking about stuff like this and looking at https://steamcharts.com/app/372000
makes me :tired:

Wait, why is it a sign of “end times” if the numbers are increasing compared to last 30 days? :thinking:

As it’s being discussed in the “Yet another SR nerf” thread. This is not a nerf.

The 10% missile damage was a leftover from an old mechanic where archers had penalties to hit enemies based on their size.

It seems the mechanic was removed long ago but the +10% bonus from weapon that was supposed to negate the size penalty was not.

I’m actually really glad IMC is revisiting their old code making things work as intended.

They’re… Not increasing? It’s a steady downward spiral?

And you’re telling me -10% on everything isn’t a nerf? You’re not understanding something here - IMC had been balancing around the +10% bonus for some time. Then they pulled it without bothering to adjust poorly performing classes. You’re really glad because you’re not smart enough to realize that for this to be a good thing would require IMC to release a series of small buffs to under-performers to offset the change.

Where?

Last maintenance was 9-10 with average being 1500-1600 CCU. Now we’re hitting 2500 CCU on weekends and 2100 CCU on Monday.

Yes, very old mechanic fixed.

Was they? I’m pretty sure they were planning to fix it for a very long time and found a good time to add it.

I don’t check the ktos patches consistently so I can’t compare for you what other changes were added near this missile damage fix.

Like which classes? I’ve been seeing many Archers in last end-game content, Velcoffer, doing very fine even after the changes.

No, I’m glad they’re fixing the game so we stop having broken mechanics that makes the game super easy or have unintended strongly effects.

For QS we had the fix for Running Shot correctly applying effects with DGS.

We had the HUGE Ranger builds buff.

We got the Wugushi rework.

We got the Fletcher buffs.

We had some small Mergen fixes.

Aren’t these already a series of buffs to most affected build paths?

4 Likes

What on earth are you doing, Seiran? Why are you arguing short bursts of concurrent users against an inescapable broad trend of diminishing players? I don’t understand what you’re trying to prove, here. That there are short spikes of activity as people come back, test changes, and then quit again?

Don’t insult me with semantics. I’m too good for that.

Was they? I’m pretty sure they were planning to fix it for a very long time and found a good time to add it.

I don’t check the ktos patches consistently so I can’t compare for you what other changes were added near this missile damage fix.

A good time to add it? That’s a cool opinion you’ve got there. Pity it doesn’t address any of my criticisms.

You know damned well what classes you’re seeing and what classes you aren’t, because you’re about to list nearly all of the viable options, and it’s a real short list.

No, I’m glad they’re fixing the game so we stop having broken mechanics that makes the game super easy or have unintended strongly effects.

By taking the nerf bat to every single class? Fix a few by breaking a dozen?

For QS we had the fix for Running Shot correctly applying effects with DGS.

This actually did nothing. It was an erroneous patch note. I’ve conferred with multiple QS/BM mains on this issue. No one could figure out what this did, unless there’s been some discovery I haven’t been made aware of.

No. You’re forgetting pistol users (both SR and BM are awful at the moment), with Musket and Cannoneer being mediocre. You listed most of the only viable options at the moment, while ignoring my point: a 10% reduction in power across made bad builds even worse. Every circle suffers from having a rotating gallery of builds that are useful, but with archer it’s particularly bad, and it just got worse.

Do you understand my point, yet?

1 Like

It’s actually not -10%. Depending on how this damage boost is calculated, it might even be just additive damage boost like e.g. the race or element damage boost cards.

And even if it was multiplicative, You know how much 1/10 of 110% overall damage is? 11%.
Losing an 1,1 multiplier will reduce the damage by less than 10% overall.

It’s 9,09% damage loss compared to how the damage is currently if it is multiplicative.
If it’s additive, you’ll likely lose even less, given Archer is the Class tree with a lot of attack modifiers [e.g. Bazooka Stance, Running Shot, Dual Gun Stance, Steady Aim, Snipers Serenity, Sneak Hit].

In fact, of all Class trees, I think it will actually affect Archer the least to lose such a diminishing amount of damage boost, as so many Classes offer a damage boost for skills or special attack types.

I feel like I’m playing a completely different game when people say SR and BM are bad classes…

11 Likes

It could also be more than a 10% loss, depending on how it’s calculated! Hooray! Come back with something more than speculation, High School Math Man.

Okay, I’ll acknowledge your point. They’re fun. Awful is subjective. They’re only bad in two specific contexts: When you compare them to the single target damage and the aoe damage other, better archer builds can bring to the table. And that isn’t all there is to the game, I’ll freely admit. It’s just nearly all there is.

No,that is impossible. You can never lose more than when the damage is multiplicative…

Your sentence makes no sense, neither mathematically nor in a logical sense.

Seiran, man, I see you typing there. Don’t bother. I gotta’ split. Things to do today, and I don’t expect I’ll revisit any regurgitations you have to offer me in stead of valid counterpoints.

You’re not getting my joke. It’s that you are bringing speculation to the table, which is useless.

There is no speculation, I’m simply listing the two possibilities of how it affects the damage, and in both scenarios the damage is less than 10% overall loss,that’s the point of my answer.

I don’t care how it’s really calculated, I just wanted to correct your “observation” of a 10% damage loss, which is wrong.

1 Like

Sorry but since March 2018 the numbers are increasing if you look at the big picture.

You also should consider IMC is banning more bots (and people) now so that’s also a good sign.

Sorry but that’s very fine, IMC sometimes manage to get these people to stay longer as content gets better and they fix old bugs. IMO that’s the whole point of having sparse rank reset events in addition to big changes.

And for around 5 months it seems that it has been working to keep a CCU higher than it was before.

Which ones? The ones about other buff series? They did it though, even for our version.

If you’re talking about Scout, Hunter and etc. -10% missile damage isn’t going to make these classes really viable. You need a full rework for them and everyone knows it.

10% missile damage has nothing to do with Cloaking being your only useful skill or your pet being dumb or etc.

It’s not a nerf, it’s fixing an old mechanic that wasn’t removed in the past. They probably thought it would be bad to remove it back then without buffing other things first, which they did now.

They can’t be holding back all Archers changes forever just because like, they didn’t fix Hunter pet’s AI yet.

Because it was already fixed in old patches then only listed now on patch notes? Happens a lot of times since their patch notes aren’t great.

Sometimes we receive something from ktos before and they’re listed later.

Go back to “Yet another SR nerf” thread. Big discussion over the very same thing there and guess what? The person complaining doesn’t even main a SR.

People who are actually playing SR and BM as main aren’t making it the end of the world.

Been one of the most common Archers in Velcoffer doing a good amount of damage. Not sure about general PvE/AOE though.

I don’t usually see them before the patch so I can’t say if it affects them greatly or not. I’d follow the trend where everyone else that actually invested or actually plays these classes aren’t complaining as if this is the end of the world.

Which is a separate problem. You gotta fix your broken mechanics at some point.

And the target for balance and attractive changes of course focuses first on the most common paths to cater to majority of players.

Weaker classes really needs a higher amount of work that would halt most of IMC progress. Sparse updates are nice in many ways compared to leaving something broken forever.

Yet many of the classes got buffed. Top 1 in the new dungeon is actually an archer.

Yes, and it makes little sense. Seems to be coming from someone that doesn’t actually invest on or main archers.

In Klaipeda - NA, a SR is actually top 1 in the Bernice dungeon, which requires both AoE and single target damage.

1 Like

I don’t know what to say to you, Seiran. You have this tendency to respond to things I didn’t say, or draw the opposite conclusion from points I was trying to make. Your quote wall is full of things that, when I look at them, indicates you and I aren’t even debating over the same point, even as we wrestle with the same content.

And you can’t read… Charts…???

I don’t know how to talk to you, especially when you say stuff like:

yes lets leave the most broken things broken because they’re the hardest to fix???
I feel like I’m talking to someone from another planet or dimension. Like where you come from physics and time are totally different.

Okay, deep breath. I’m walking away from this one.

3 Likes

Btw, out of curiosity, what was the issue in the original place?

RS and DGS damage not adding up?

this look more like a pvp nerf due the others buffs like the mergen/fletcher attk range and the ranger buff damage
thats not too anoying on pve because 10% means deal 700k instead 777k

by the way there is a lot of builds without missile damage. sapper hunter and pied piper are some of the most used

Scheduled Maintenance for May 29, 2018:

“Basic attack and defense values of all equipment increased by 1.5 times in weapons and 1.7 times in armor”

Sure, everything gets nerfed!

1 Like

Where? You can point it. I’ll apologize if I understood your words in a wrong way.

Again, where?

No, you’re the one who can’t. The CCU increased recently and as well been higher than March 2018.

From avg of last 30 days we had 1463 online, now we have 2120 on a weekday.

No. Fix everything. But most important things or most popular ones comes first, then you revisit others later.

This is better than letting population go down too much before releasing a full update of balances when there’s no one to see them. Updating gradually makes people come back and they stay around if they like it and slowly increases CCU.

Don’t worry, I feel the same about you. Feels like we’re each other trying to put strawmans or distort the other opinion… no wait.

Ok, thanks for understanding the -10% missile damage isn’t a nerf but a mechanic fix that’s being part of a higher range of works instead of a separate random thing.

Not sure, I only made a QS BM recently. :<

I doubt this really affects PvP since the original mechanic was a bonus added to compensate to damage reduction on monsters based on size.

That’s false. Like someone said in the thread we don’t know how the 10% really works, the the effective damage reduction is less than 700 -> reduce 70.

1 Like

this thread is lol

As if 10% (that nobody even know where it comes from) would shift entire builds from viable to bad.

Please, Archer tree needs more care from players protesting substantial changes to some clases, than screaming from a pseudo 10% “reduction” in damage.

Some Silute players have tested it and they said that they couldn’t even notice a difference in damage. People should test things first

3 Likes

What kind of drooling, clueless maniac actually thinks this is a nerf rather than a fix to a holdover from a very old system, when almost no one notices the difference now anyway?

oh wait I figured it out :joy:

Posts like this one and OP’s highlight what’s wrong with this community; no one has a ■■■■■■■ clue how damage actually works in this game.

Pretty sure you just said how it works and that seems to be the case.

This, it’s not noticeable at all. If anything, damage went up almost across the board if you were any of the archer classes impacted by the changes. Proper ranger rotation probably beats out most wizards now, no contest.

I was a little anxious when I saw the patch notes too, don’t get me wrong. But then I went, played my archers on patch day, ran Velco, and only noticed huge increases on my wugu and ranger. I noticed no difference at all on my musket, in both PVP and PVE. I was so excited after seeing the ranger changes in action, I deleted a lowbie so that I can try out a better PVE build without havin to reset my main.

Transparent damage formulas are important and it’s key that the playerbase knows and understands that when they try to figure out what their damage should be, reality in game should match as closely as possible to what they planned out and thought it would be. I don’t expect that every played will attempt to do the math, but plenty do, and it’s important that their expectations are met and they don’t sit there going “but where did this 10% more damage come from? I don’t understand.” This is better for everyone.

1 Like

everyone have their own perception of the game based on what they like to play more. I thing nobody know how its working the damage mechanic because there is somuch interactions and factors for every kind of damage but the change say something by itself

10% of damage reduction whatever its aplied say that its a nerf for 2 kinds of dps: AA dps and multi hit dps
its the same kind of nerf done on others games especially on mobas when they buff the range of some dps and make them more usefull to chase enemies and hit without joint on a trade of damage