Tree of Savior Forum

Thaumaturge's 'Swell' line of skills seems pretty swell

Does anyone know if they remain swell in the later game as well? Or do higher levels sound their death knell?

It’s flat bonuses so it will probably fall off at some point. There are a couple attribute effects that will scale fine but it’s mostly the double loot that will stick end game (but wont work for bosses).

Swell brain is a bit of an exception. Since buffs that affect stats receive multipliers based on how high your base stats are (not including gear), it should scale indefinitely as long as there continues to be increase in stat multipliers. Currently we know at 500 each stat point will give you a bonus stat point. If the patterns continues at 750 every stat point would give you 2 bonus stats. Which will be obtainable when the level cap goes up a couple ranks and while using a couple Int buffs.

Even with the stat multipliers in mind… You will still find that Chronomancer’s kit will scale better if you’re looking to run a full support Wizard. Cooldown reduction is always going to be good and will only get better.

But can you as a person really devalue the appeal of hulk hands, and big heads? Aside from that you have the freedom to pick another class at rank7 if you’re taking it all the way. So you may not scale as well as a Chronomancer… But you can bring a high rank class to the table on top of your support skills.

Thanks for the detailed reply. I’m still not sure what build I’ll play once the game is actually released and there probably isn’t much point to worrying about it so much until we know the rest of the classes. But still, it’s so tempting.

Oh, what about Shrink Body? I imagine at least that should scale better, unless later enemies have a higher resist chance.

Because of the way that mdef and def works(it’s basically flat)… Something that lowers that attack of a monster by a % will always be strong.

Example: If you have a monster with 100 attack against a player with 25 def then you use a fully attributed shrink (-75% damage) that monster will move very fast but now do 1 damage a hit. So yeah it’s always going to be good. Very good in fact. Enough that it should probably be tested if it’s applied before or after def and mdef.

Do keep in mind that the attribute that says: “Deals damage equal to 20% magic attack when changing the enemy’s size with [Shrink Body] per attribute level.”. Just mean dealing 60% of your matk as damage on cast. It’s just flat damage that’s applied when you use the spell. Once. I’ve seen a lot of people misinterpret that. The bread and butter effect of shrink is the damage reduction.