Tree of Savior Forum

Thaumaturge help with mechanics

I have some question about how the mechanic of Swell Body kicks in and the effectiviness of farming with it.
How does Swell Body works actually? It doubles the drop in a way like, me having two random chances like killing two mobs? Or doubling whatever the mob was going to drop before? (he was the one that was going to drop an material, then I double it)

Is it really more effective to farm items (as in, farm for materials, open maps, spread mobs, etc) with swell body? Or just nah and pick a class like Schwarze Reiter that can kill faster and be actually faster bcuz mounted for this and save Thauma for exp/silver purposes.

If a monster is going to drops something, it will drop 2x of them.

For example:
If a monster will drop 750 silver (from dungeon 170) it gonna drops, if you use swell body on him, 1500.
You didnt get double chanche to drop, you just double the normal drop.

Another example:
I killed 400 galok using swell body. At a certain point one of them dropped two Battle Braclet. Because he was going to drop one he dropped two instead.

sometimes monster do not drop anything, neither silver. In that case you will drop nothing even if they were swelled

For maximum result if you got linker 2, Thauma 2 you can go in maps, link 8 monsters and swell all of them. They will all drops double items. Nice to farm rare items, yeah

I see, not the best when it comes to anything with high rates but excels at low drops as it doubles.
Thanks for all clarifications! Oh, and, Shrink body doesn’t have any downsides, right? Just makes easier to kill. And killing with Swell Body attribute of doing damage still “applies swell” I assume?

Shrink Body has the downside to be useless.
You got to max your swell body , Swell Left/right and usuallty Transpose… Swell brain if you get to be Thauma C3.

Since you cant swell boss monster you will never have to sink normal enemies, there is no need. It’s just a wasted point