Tree of Savior Forum

Thaumaturge C3 Skills Observation: it requires buffs... to be honest

i can understand what you mean…

but lets be honest at lvl200+ parties start rejecting you due to the unnoticable effects you bring…

while this buff is strong:

The fact that it doesnt give any benefit to archer class(Who uses guns)/ 2handed doppels

Is what makes this a flawed buff…

what 500? archers mostly uses guns that doesnt work…
only adding 305 buff when other classes skills like…

Pass literally doubles that damage way better than the buff itself

Swordies who uses shield get defences

Swordies that uses 2H gets nothing in return…

About mage’s: I placed there the synergy with the class… (Its literally the only few class that benefit it along with cleric)

Thanks some people doesn’t understand how
(Out-classed we are later in the game)

lvl200 below we are loved

lvl200 above we are despised since too many thaum using heal tiles like chugging it away from tanks… (Pure int transpose build)

Making them despise us in parties…

As well as not bringing anything to the table like how cyro 3/chrono 3 brings so much support we are almost non-existent beings…

Mage’s and clerics thats it… int buff gives you a damage party spike…

Quarrel shooter/archers in general who uses dagger/cross bow will love you for the +580 buff you bring them… but dont expect quarrel shooter + guns to love you aswell…

ACcuracy and evasion is garbage when your role is DPS

Shield users gets defences… thats it…

It goes without saying that Swell Brain is in a really bad place. Being the sole skill you receive at C3 (earliest rank achievable being an R6 class election no less) and only giving 145 INT and like +20 MATK (KTOS update)… not good. And that isn’t even affected by rank bonuses…

At this point I’d just say all we need is for them to add scaling via stats for all our buffs (like Blessing’s SPR/INT ratios) and then add rank bonuses into Swell Brain’s additional INT (which in itself will be a scaling buff as ranks progress).

also rework a few skills that would have been amazingly good…

Transpose is in a bad spot…
swell doubling hp at lvl200+ with insane hp
and shrink not working on bosses is also a fatal flaw…
making people dislike the class in itself…

Only skill worth investing are…

Swell arm left
Swell arm right
Swell head
Reversie
Transpose: for longer lasting duration to prevent eating too much tiles
(But a non-dps spell that is selfish for oneself)

Swell lvl1… for low level mob farming (THATS IT…)

It most certainly is the case when a player hits another player, so I have no idea why monsters hitting a player would be any different. There’s a lot of variables in play that you cant simply account for by checking its equips or stats like you could do with another player though.

Eh I disagree on those points though.

Transpose is being fixed so that re-casting it won’t reset your HP back to minimum every time. Meaning you can just be mindful of the timer and re-cast it to maintain your current post-buff HP.

Doubling the enemy HP for swelling is the cost-reward balance. You turn one enemy into 2 enemies worth of exp, and 2 enemies worth of drops, so 2 enemies worth of HP is logical. The good part, though, is that there is still only one source of damage against the party; instead of 2 enemies hitting players there is still only 1. This is not a skill that is very efficient at lower levels, but, at higher levels, gives a party plenty of time to kill the enemy. Is it going to suddenly double all your exp on a grind? Nah… but I don’t think it should either, so I feel it’s in a good place.

Shrink shouldn’t work on bosses, lest the attribute be complicated as well. Taking a WB and making it deal 75% less damage would be immensely OP.

Our buffs just need scaling to remain relevant. Our mechanical skills are actually very fulfilling; Reversi, Transpose, and Swell/Shrink are very nice (of the latter, a decently leveled Shrink can be amazing for a grind as defensive filler spell).

Source: Myself, over 10 iterations of C1-C3 Thaums in icbt2 and itos lol

I think this hasn’t been mentioned in this topic yet but except for the starter maps and instanced dungeons/missions, swell body does not actually double the exp, thanks to the map multiplier they added.

The +100% exp just gets added on top of the multiplier which will make this skill worse the higher the multiplier is.

3 Likes

in KTOS, swell brain also got a scaled + MATK buff, our version of course doesnt have this…

blessing in KTOs even received some % modifiers, in theory they could do the same here, sooner or later they have to, if they want the circle to be competitve in the long run.

The reason why you need Transpose at a high level
is due to the fact IT RESETS your HP…

Thats the point you can’t expect healer to rely on her tiles all the time…
ESPECIALLY WHEN YOUR PARTY IS GETTING CRUSHED

TRANSPOSE ITSELF IS A SELFISH Buff that doesnt give the party any benefits? unless your party has a linker 3 to link everyone if you went pure int…

Thaum 3 should be transpose signature move…
With Swell head together with it would be more logical…
(Because its suppose to be a defensive skill permitting us to sacrifice damage for protection…)
"Whats the point of it when there’s no healer??..
Making it anti-fun…
“Its also permit us to pvp without fear of requiring to heal our-self…”
(The skill should also be aura and forcefully do not permit you to rebuff it…)
To prevent OP Thaum pvp…
“And should be a 1point wonder` similar to reversie…”
-Lasting for 8minites-
“what you expect it be 1minite? it would be bloody OP since you can recast it in dungeon over and over and over again…”

(“Should i go 1/2 or pure con? decision making”)
Oh look it finally has purpose…

Don’t like it here’s another idea:

Is to let us heal 1/2 of the transposed health attribute

-Lets be honest theres TOO MANY Skill points to put…
that you dont even have enough to place in swell or shrink…

This resolves that…

Shrink should have atleast a purpose to boss hunts…
i stated 75% damage reduction should be removed from calculation when boss is shrunked…

and only the attribute 180 additional damage should be applied from the arm…

because whats the point of a debuff when it doesnt give additive damage to the most important target… Aka: THE BOSS

to be honest im fine with swell not hitting the boss… to prevent thaum trolls from healing boss to 1/2 hp…

Again yes need our scaling to our buffs similar to priest to remain relevant (we become redundant at lvl280 =_=) as other classes out-matches us Supporting wise…

yes it does… i saw the calculation…
This makes swell very terrible at high level maps =_="

considering maps go 100k hp to 200k i can expect 10k mobs to come 1000k hp mobs to come out…

(Its purely situational skill that requires optimal party set up…)
otherwise its like butt-hurting your own teamates…

Right now it resets your HP.

They are fixing it so that it doesn’t reset your HP.

Check the Known Issues page sir xD It’s a welcome change.

Transpose: Losing HP when using Thaumaturge’s skill ‘Transpose’ again while its effect from the previous casting is on.

1 Like

I see that somehow explains the terrible resets we kept facing…
but the skill could have been better :unamused:

we terribly need more scaling for late game though…

Chrono scales regardless of level…
those chaplains are probably giving attack lines causing elemental/equips hit more damage than us… (More reliably) with a heal/revive to boot~…

we have no place except raid’s and boss hunts…
Or party set-up involving mages/dieverby spamming paladin barrier scrolls (That might get nerfed)

Our right arm not sticking to guns/pistols are a terrible pain to our no-scaling issues already limiting our buffs to archers…

I stated all my frustration/observation of its flaws and possible strength:
(If they ever let us scale with int)
Dear god we would be finally loved as the support we are…

Unless imc Decide SPR is its main stat i might say give us stat resets because you just killed the int builds…

Time to reroll buddy moment…

I just whant to point out
Swell body don’t increase the Hp pool from monster that can’t become bigger Or Large mob in this case (Still double the loot and get a little xp bonus …

So my guess is we wouln’t be able to double the boss hp and troll in this way.

IMC stated this was a bug…
i also noticed my silver going negative (Sometimes)

Shrink was supposedly our first skill to enable swell to large monsters…

oh wow our class needs some fixing…